Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Your signature is mean Gerbil

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
El Presidente said:
I normally use NSP for this purpose. You get a far better quality of reply there too.

And what's more you can use the 'C' word with impunity !

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
London Irish said:
It's crap, isn't it. If we are going down (and we do have an outside chance of avoiding it), can't we do it with a bit of pride and unity?

If for one minute I could hand on heart say that we REALLY put up a fight under a manager who seemed to have some kind of tactical awareness then I would agree.

In seasons past I have always accepted relegation as part and parcel of the yo-yo club that we have always been because even in the darkest days there was fight on the pitch and spirit and unity on the terraces, this season I have seen little to inspire me on the pitch and fans coming to blows on away days about triviality such as standing up/where they are sitting etc etc etc.

At least we seemed to get behind the lads on Saturday, its a shame the performance on the pitch did not reflect that of the fans.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
gerbil said:
OK my £500 + for 2 season tickets(which are NOT being renewed) the programmes every game the tea and coke at every game the replica shirts for my son the junior seagulls membership for my son...Do you want me to go on?

No I'm not a Super fan like you seem to be together with a few others but I've paid my money into this club for 30 years and I'll have my say whether you or people like you like it or not.
So you're not going to answer either of my question then. Fine.

Have your whinge, but let it be seen for what it is. A whinge.

But like you say, you'll do that whether I like it or not. That's your perogative, and I have to respect that. However, if I am unhappy about anything at the club, I would like to think I would be in a position to do or say something, and maybe enter into a dialogue with the club (something you are entitled to do also) rather than moan and walk away like you are doing; an act which especially galling at a time like this.

Does that make me a superfan? Of course not. I am merely another fan who is now and again prepared to get off his backside and do something constructive, even if it does end up amounting to very little.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
What the f*** has replica shirts got to do with ANYTHING.:nono:

Last edited:

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I get increasingly irritated by the fact that some people simply cant comprehend that we are a club that play at a ground that would be poor at Conf level and pay wages akin to a middling league 1 side. Its no wonder that we cant get a striker who a) wants to come here or b) will probably have to accept a massive pay cut. The Jeffers of this world will crucify us financially and the end product will be a lazy arse just taking the dosh. We cant afford someone with something about them and ambition. Full stop

The fact that we have played at Championship level for 3 of the past 4 seasons is nothing short of a miracle.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The Large One said:
You have nothing constructive to add. All you can do is spout your pathetic fantasies.

It leads me to one question, if you despise the chairman, the manager and the supporters, and you disrespect the players, all of whom are busting their guts to keep this club afloat at a time when clearly all you can do is moan and whinge and peddle lies

(The board are now resigned to relegation and will not do anything to try and avoid it.), why do you bother supporting the club at all? It's not as though it appears to serve you any purpose. So why do you do it?

One more question, what is an NSC DK arse licker? I believe you referred to them as 'his loyalists' earlier. Can you define what one of these is?

By pathetic fantasies do you mean Not agreeing with you?If that's the case then they must be. I've obviously missed all the players that have come in during the transfer window in an attempt to keep us up.
When have I ever said I despise the chairman,players or supporters? Please show me?
I think the chairman has not done enough to try to keep us up and I also happen to think the manager has lost the plot.How this can be construed as despising them I don't know.
I wonder sometimes if I'm at all worthy of supporting this club as I'm not as loyal or such a good fan as most people on here seem to be. As for despising the fans.Yes there are several people on here that I don't like very much and I'm sure that it's reciprocal.That does not bother me at all as there people in all walks of life that are like that,it makes the world go round but again despise is a very strong word for it.
I've been told to go and support someone else more than once on here which frankly is the most pathetic response anyone can come up with. Obviously the club is not that hard up for cash when they can afford to turn down the money I plough in every season.
I'm sure the DK arse licker and loyalist was explained by someone else earlier but in case you missed it it's someone rather like yourself or LI that will believe anything and everything that they are told by DK and won't have a bad word said against him.
Unlike me of course who apparently despises him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
gerbil said:
By pathetic fantasies do you mean Not agreeing with you?If that's the case then they must be. I've obviously missed all the players that have come in during the transfer window in an attempt to keep us up.
When have I ever said I despise the chairman,players or supporters? Please show me?
I think the chairman has not done enough to try to keep us up and I also happen to think the manager has lost the plot.How this can be construed as despising them I don't know.
I wonder sometimes if I'm at all worthy of supporting this club as I'm not as loyal or such a good fan as most people on here seem to be. As for despising the fans.Yes there are several people on here that I don't like very much and I'm sure that it's reciprocal.That does not bother me at all as there people in all walks of life that are like that,it makes the world go round but again despise is a very strong word for it.
I've been told to go and support someone else more than once on here which frankly is the most pathetic response anyone can come up with. Obviously the club is not that hard up for cash when they can afford to turn down the money I plough in every season.
I'm sure the DK arse licker and loyalist was explained by someone else earlier but in case you missed it it's someone rather like yourself or LI that will believe anything and everything that they are told by DK and won't have a bad word said against him.
Unlike me of course who apparently despises him.
No, you're right, you're not a fantasist, you just have a wounded ego. :rolleyes:

I don't believe everything DK tells me, but I do trust him, (and there are times when I am quite glad that he tells the odd fib, or keeps something about the club from us which is none of our business) and with better reason than you could ever believe. There is a reason WHY he does what he does, and the fact is there are some who just can't, don't or won't understand it. When they do, and THEN think it's still wrong, then 'a bad word against him' may be in order.

Of course I would listen to a bad word said against him if there was any substance to it. So far I have heard nothing, apart from the pathetic fantasies from those with glory-seeking agendas who refuse to appreciate the realities of our current situation.

Anyway. So the chairman has not done enough, and the manager has lost the plot? (Whatever that means...) That leaves the players (whom you are convinced are no better than mid-table quality in League 1 - I am sure they appreciate that vote of confidence) and the fans (because we don't have any real responsibiiities, do we?) to have a pop at.

Have I missed anyone else, you gorgeous little ray of sunshine...?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The Large One said:

Anyway. So the chairman has not done enough, and the manager has lost the plot? (Whatever that means...) That leaves the players (whom you are convinced are no better than mid-table quality in League 1 - I am sure they appreciate that vote of confidence) and the fans (because we don't have any real responsibiiities, do we?) to have a pop at.

Have I missed anyone else, you gorgeous little ray of sunshine...?

Excellent another patronising condescending post :clap2:
No the chairman hasn't done enough to try to keep us up.Are you going to convince me otherwise?
I don't remember ever saying that they were mid table league 1 ??? I DID say that we would struggle next season if that's what you're getting at and yes I do think we will. We will be relying on youth teamers next season because Uncle Dick( god bless him) hasn't invested in a striker.
As for the fans. Quite frankly some of the fans posting on here are an embarrasment and it's not just me that has said that either.

But hey you believe what you want to and I'll believe what I want.
We'll never agree seeing as I'm such a BAD FAN

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I always feel you have to have a certain mindset to feel patronised.

No new striker = play the youth team instead? How do you come to this conclusion?

Anyway, who says we will rely on the youth team next season? Where did you glean this hot nugget of information from? We still have a senior squad to retain or let go of, many of whom are still under contract next season. Do you seriously believe we will not go searching the markets during the close season for new players, and rely on a bunch of untested teenagers instead?

The fact we got no-one during January is beside the point. A whole host of players that were not available during January will be after June 30.

Why should it be the sole responsibility of the chairman to keep us up? I'll repeat myself - not being able to get anyone in of high enough quality certainly does NOT mean a lack of ambition. Quite the opposite, I'd say. Or will any old donkey be enough?He spends money that the club can afford. If it isn't there, he can't spend it. Simple really. So, the more people who renew their season tickets, the better chance we have of getting better players.

And who cares that you're not the only one that says some fans are an embarrassment? Does it make it more right when more fans believe it? Um, nope.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Large One said:
I always feel you have to have a certain mindset to feel patronised.

Any time anybody has the nerve to contradict Gerbil he accuses that person of patronising him. That's not patronage so much as criticism.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bhaexpress said:
Any time anybody has the nerve to contradict Gerbil he accuses that person of patronising him. That's not patronage so much as criticism.

Didn't take you long to pipe up did it.

And any time anyone dares to contradict YOU they're sent offensive PMs.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
gerbil said:
Didn't take you long to pipe up did it.

And any time anyone dares to contradict YOU they're sent offensive PMs.

I've told you before, if you don't like getting offensive PMs don't send them in the first place. And while you're at it, drop the subject before you start boring peope all over again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here