Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight talking out of his arse

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
gerbil said:
:clap2: :clap2:

I have got serious doubts if there ever was any money to spend.

D K can go on sayin there is and all the time people like LI believe him he won't change his tune.

I think it's time for everyone to take a step back and look at the situation and realise that there never was any money and it was all "lip service" to ensure season ticket renewals and to keep all his loyalists happy.

What some of us do is take Knight on his word. His word (that there is some money available for the RIGHT player) is also backed up by the manager and clearly some players.

If you an provide ANY evidence whatsoever that this is not the case, then I'll listen to you. Otherwise, I'll just carry on making a RATIONAL decision based on the facts.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The Great Cornholio said:
So many chairmen to choose from. Shall we go for that nice Mr Hammam? Or that Hamilton guy. What about Rupert Lowe? Or Richardson from Doncaster? Ron Noades? The guy who bought Chester and decided to manage them himself? The Crawley owners? The Hearts owners? Simon Jordan? Barry Hearn? Doug Ellis? David Sheepshanks?

For all the talk of cliques, there is one blindingly obvious one. The Waldorf and Statler clique. Mother Theresa wouldn't be honest enough and anyone who doubts you gets abused with the tired old rose tinted spectacles line thrown at them. Monday Morning Quarterbacking is the most apt phrase for so many of you. High horses are mounted with the benefit of hindsight and safe in the knowledge that you will never have to back up your ridiculous claims. Names of players are bandied around like it is given fact that they would have signed if it wasn't for blah blah.

Dull in the extreme. But disrepsectful in the extreme as well in my eyes. Nobody ever says that he is perfect - he has admitted to mistakes himself. But considering the situation and the plight of other clubs at present, like it or not, you should be thanking the man that the club still exists. That is not rose tinted spectacles, Knight can do no wrong. That is fact. He may not do things your way. He may have made mistakes. But he is preferable to a very large number of other clubs chairmen.

I agree with ALL of that.

But not with those (like placcy) who seem to think critisism of McGhee is critisism of Knight, or indeed anything to do with the Albion.

It seems to be the in-thing just to lump every anti McGhee poster in with those who opposose DK.

In my book, DK is one of the only living people I truly think of as being a legend, OK I would like him to do something about McGhee, but I accept that his hands are probably more tied than we realise and it must hurt that guy just as much as the rest of us to watch a team devoid of any tactical leadership and not be able to do much about that without looking at Bankruptcy.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Large One said:
60 if you're asking but those will do for now. Don't remember all of them being PROMISES. But here goes, I'll bite...

We have got a stadium. Albeit a crap one.

We have got players. Like, nerr, how do you think we got to win two championships? By turning out a team of four in plimsolls?

Don't remember the promise of the shirts...

New seats? OK, do you blame Dick for the delay? Or the wankers who live around the ground? Toughie.

Don't recall him promising to hang on to managers. In fact, quite the opposite. He has always said if a manager wants to go elsewhere he will not stand in their way. Would you want someone to be a manager who doesn't want to be here?

Which players did he promise not to sell?

Another three, please. :)
Yes we got freebies galore in players,thats why we spent 250k in 5 years remember(big spenders):glare: i mean players that can do a job in this division and not in league 1 or 2.

O.k he said he would do everything in his powers to hold on to the managers,thats surely as good as a promise?;)

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Rougvie said:
I agree with ALL of that.

But not with those (like placcy) who seem to think critisism of McGhee is critisism of Knight, or indeed anything to do with the Albion.

It seems to be the in-thing just to lump every anti McGhee poster in with those who opposose DK.

In my book, DK is one of the only living people I truly think of as being a legend, OK I would like him to do something about McGhee, but I accept that his hands are probably more tied than we realise and it must hurt that guy just as much as the rest of us to watch a team devoid of any tactical leadership and not be able to do much about that without looking at Bankruptcy.
9 years homeless,yeah what a legend:shootself

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
berkshire seagull said:
Yes we got freebies galore in players,thats why we spent 250k in 5 years remember(big spenders):glare: i mean players that can do a job in this division and not in league 1 or 2.

O.k he said he would do everything in his powers to hold on to the managers,thats surely as good as a promise?;)
It's out of his power if a manager just packs up and fucks off, isn't it? Like I said, if DK stops a manager going somewhere against his wishes, he'll just have a very pissed off manager, which helps no-one.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
:angry: FFS, NSC is so full of cliques it's as if Dick Knight needs to consult the message board before he makes a decision.

I'm beginning to loath NSC, when the club's not doing well it's just depressing reading and full of criticism that I'm afraid gets across to the players and club officials as "the voice of the fans".

I wonder how many fans are a) NSC registered b) regularly use it to express opinions?

MODs?!!

portlock seagull said:
:angry: FFS, NSC is so full of cliques it's as if Dick Knight needs to consult the message board before he makes a decision.

I'm beginning to loath NSC, when the club's not doing well it's just depressing reading and full of criticism that I'm afraid gets across to the players and club officials as "the voice of the fans".

I wonder how many fans are a) NSC registered b) regularly use it to express opinions?

MODs?!!

It's crap, isn't it. If we are going down (and we do have an outside chance of avoiding it), can't we do it with a bit of pride and unity?

Getting two years of Championship football given our problems has been a magnificent acheivement, but it has been soured by all the recriminations.

Last edited:

Rougvie said:
and it must hurt that guy just as much as the rest of us to watch a team devoid of any tactical leadership and not be able to do much about that without looking at Bankruptcy.
Probably the only fact on this thread that can't be disputed. He is a fairly rare breed - a chairman who is a LIFELONG supporter of this club. Digs at him are churlish in my book. McGhee is fair game because his job is to keep us up and it looks like he has failed. Knight's current job is to keep us solvent and eventually get Falmer. A thankless task without people trying to bankrupt us for political and snobbish means.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Large One said:
It's out of his power if a manager just packs up and fucks off, isn't it? Like I said, if DK stops a manager going somewhere against his wishes, he'll just have a very pissed off manager, which helps no-one.
these managers i.e adams and taylor didn't want to go thats a fact.I do believe dick made them promises he could't keep.The main factor the stadium:glare:

None of us know the true facts in why they left,but obviously dick didn't try hard enough.Its history now and nothing will change,but i still believe dicks very large ego at the club is a curse

:shootself

He designed our shirts that are the cheapest material that i have ever seen:lolol: absolute crap design:shootself then they turn up nearly 2 months into the new season:lolol:

You gotta laugh,but this man actually thinks he can do everything on his tod.:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
portlock seagull said:

Good post.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
brightonfan_86 said:
Why don't you go and support Reading?! Your a wanker mate.
Less of the jip online son,i could crush your face if i wanted:eek:

Facts speak son,still homeless and potless,is that not clear enough for you mmmmmmmmmmm:eek:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
berkshire seagull said:
these managers i.e adams and taylor didn't want to go thats a fact.I do believe dick made them promises he could't keep.The main factor the stadium:glare:

None of us know the true facts in why they left,but obviously dick didn't try hard enough.Its history now and nothing will change,but i still believe dicks very large ego at the club is a curse

:shootself

He designed our shirts that are the cheapest material that i have ever seen:lolol: absolute crap design:shootself then they turn up nearly 2 months into the new season:lolol:

You gotta laugh,but this man actually thinks he can do everything on his tod.:lolol:

Can you see the Majeski Stadium from where you're living? If you can then buy a season ticket for them, and stop supporting us!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
brightonfan_86 said:
Can you see the Majeski Stadium from where you're living? If you can then buy a season ticket for them, and stop supporting us!

Don't waste your time on him. He only comes on here to wind people up.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
brightonfan_86 said:
Your just a gullible little twat like many,if you can't handle the facts then don't reply:smokin:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Icy Gull said:
It grieves me to say it and although I don't know how deep in the mire Gillingham are, if you'd seen that ground and the level of football they were playing when he took over, that fool has given them a half decent ground and until last season probably their best ever seasons.

They are completely in the shit and have been even when Tank was there. He made the mistake of handing out some big contracts after getting promotion that he couldnt afford after 1 season, hence having to get rid of all their experienced older pro's after relegation last season. This season they have struggled with kids and loans and are in the bottom 4. He's given them a ground but they have no money and not much of a bright future at the moment. Food for thought maybe.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
I'll ignore that childish comment:)

Been thrown out of any games recently?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here