Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whilst I now think it is time for McGhee to go, I do really think it will only happen to deflect the blame from Knight. He can put in everyones favourite Dean Wilkins and suddenly the pressure is off.

The truth is McGhee had targets and I feel that it is the Chairmans responsibility to get them.

Was McGhee told he couldn't move to get a player until the last minute in order that we got a good deal for example? Did Knight pull some of the money because he got less for CKR than he hoped?

Frankly we don't know do we and whilst McGhee has obviously lost the plot, surely Dick Knight has some very serious questions to answer.

Apart from anything else for someone with a PR background why he is so shit at it? Why do the club keep telling us they are going to sign someone and then don't? Why announce it in the first place? Just smacks of incompetence.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dick Knight must be fed up with it all by now. I bet he would rather just be a fan back on the terraces like he was before all this started. Personally I think he has done a great job and there wouldn't be a club without him, but he must be getting annoyed the way things keep stacking up against him. I think he is just tired.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
dougdeep said:
Dick Knight must be fed up with it all by now. I bet he would rather just be a fan back on the terraces like he was before all this started. Personally I think he has done a great job and there wouldn't be a club without him, but he must be getting annoyed the way things keep stacking up against him. I think he is just tired.

I agree, and although it sounds like it I'm not a DK hater, I just think he'sreached the end and perhaps we need someone else fresh to take us through the next stage. I just don't think supporters have the faith in him that they did. More looking at him as a nice old Great Uncle that saved us when we needed him but sadlt just can't cut the mustard now. Sad but true I'm afraid.

Although I also fear for our future if the Blooms take charge (largely because Ray just stood there and did nothing at the time of the Goldstone sale).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
WTF has DK got to do with it?

Er, he's the Chairman. If the club is being run badly, or even if they have a bad manager its all ultimately the Chairmans fault.

Its a bit like saying don't blame Tony Blair for what happens in England or whatever John Prescott does :)

Giraffe said:
Whilst I now think it is time for McGhee to go, I do really think it will only happen to deflect the blame from Knight. He can put in everyones favourite Dean Wilkins and suddenyl the pressure is off.
It would be crazy to give Dean Wilkins the manager's job. He can't do it. It would be another Hinshelwood fiasco, and Dick Knight knows that. DK's not going to put that pressure on himself, is he?

Lush

Mods' Pet
I feel sorry for DK. Every time he thinks there's light at the end of the tunnel and we're handing out champagne at Withdean something comes along and stuffs it up (Grrrrrrrrrr LDC).

He must be worn out with it all and torn between thinking "I can't give up now I've come this far" and "I really can't be arsed any more."

D

Deleted member 2719

Re: Re: Knight set to scapegoat McGhee?

Lord Bracknell said:
It would be crazy to give Dean Wilkins the manager's job. He can't do it. It would be another Hinshelwood fiasco, and Dick Knight knows that. DK's not going to put that pressure on himself, is he?

Why would it be crazy ?

I for one would give a new manager such as Deano time to make mistakes and learn his new role - Hinshlewood was not given anytime at all and had less money than MM.

In all MM does not IMO ever learn by his mistakes and he just keeps doing them he is his own worse enemy.

larus

Lush said:
I feel sorry for DK. Every time he thinks there's light at the end of the tunnel and we're handing out champagne at Withdean something comes along and stuffs it up (Grrrrrrrrrr LDC).

He must be worn out with it all and torn between thinking "I can't give up now I've come this far" and "I really can't be arsed any more."

Careful Lush. You'll get flamed for that type of post :)

Giraffe said:
Er, he's the Chairman. If the club is being run badly, or even if they have a bad manager its all ultimately the Chairmans fault.

Its a bit like saying don't blame Tony Blair for what happens in England or whatever John Prescott does :)

In which case I'll assume you live in England and blame Blair for the fact that people like you don't have a clue!!!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Magoon will be hung out to dry - DK will put his head in the sand , do the decent thing and go with Mcghee, tricky dicky

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
In which case I'll assume you live in England and blame Blair for the fact that people like you don't have a clue!!!

I think you may have missed the point!

I'm enjoying my tast though :D

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lush said:

You're very sweet (Non-patronising!!). The look of sheer delight on his face when he thought the battle was over........

Hang in there son.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Cannot see how you can scapegoat someone who is so shit at his job.

The fact is the guy should have gone long ago but finally it looks like he is going and not before time!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Trigger said:
Cannot see how you can scapegoat someone who is so shit at his job.

The fact is the guy should have gone long ago but finally it looks like he is going and not before time!

I guess I worded the thread badly. What I was kind of saying was that Knight will get rid of McGhee purely to take some of the flack off him, not because he thinks it is the right thing to do.

He obviously, based on the summer, believes that McGhee is the right man for the job, but the more pressure increases about lack of signings I suspect he will use McGhee to avoid the questions himself.

Manager goes, and we have another honeymoon period, especially if it some ex Albion fave like Wilkins or Wilson. Hence buying more time for Knight to avoid the true problem that he sadly hasn't got enough cash for the situation. He could also come January blame the lack of cash on paying McGhee off as well.

Giraffe said:
I think you may have missed the point!

I'm enjoying my tast though :D

Me too. Tast rocks :p

I'm just sick of Knight bashers. I was around before the archer days, but this guy put his money where his mouth was. He said he would bring brighter days to the albion...He has. He has worked tirelessly on getting us a stadium when most people would have walked away....slowly but surely we're plugging away.

This man's legacy will prove that he saved the club and found us our new permenant home. Noone will remember Ernest, Goring gull or any of the other wanker knight bashers on this board. Sorry to say noone will remember Giraffe or Another Berkshire Seagull. They will remember Knight, Perry, Samrah, Bassford whom have stood up and bewen counted in these our darkest years.

None of these chaps deserve to come on here (as if DK could use a PC ;) ) and see the slatings they get...Hero's every one of them.

When my children (not that I have any yet) and my childrens children support us at falmer their hard work will be rewarded.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Heroes :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Goring Gull said:
Magoon will be hung out to dry - DK will put his head in the sand , do the decent thing and go with Mcghee, tricky dicky

Unfortunately i have to agree with you. All fans owe a great deal to Mr Knight for rescuing the club but in order for it to move forward we need fresh ideas and fresh money.

I have a feeling that as soon as Falmer is guarenteed Mr Knight will leave, heralding a new era for the club.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Giraffe said:
but the more pressure increases about lack of signings I suspect he will use McGhee to avoid the questions himself.

Can't agree with that. I doubt many Chairmen open themselves out to supporters by attending a open fans forum. Strangely people seem too scared or apathetic to ask him the questions at the forum that they seem to post on here. Keyboard warriors me thinks !

The only thing I blame DK for is the lack of balls for not sacking MM at the end of last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here