Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight and Perry - liars?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's SO f***ing SIMPLE. The analogy above clearly wasn't simple enough. The funding has always been in place because Tony Bloom has always been ready to step in IF needed. Simples.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The funding has always been in place because Tony Bloom has always been ready to step in IF needed. Simples.

Funny then that Bloom said himself in todays argus that he "didn't envisage" having to take such major action.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's SO f***ing SIMPLE. The analogy above clearly wasn't simple enough. The funding has always been in place because Tony Bloom has always been ready to step in IF needed. Simples.
:clap:

Its really not that hard, is it ?
I dunno. I think I live in a parallel universe to some. We finally get the cast-iron ASSURANCE about the funding for Falmer that so many have been calling for, and when we get it, all it does is provoke a load of "Knight and Perry are LIARS then, because we're not BORROWING the money from a bank" remarks.

f*** it. I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Chicken Chopsticks

Apr 6, 2009
Steady - I don't think Harty ever called Perry and Knight liars on air...

But how many times did my dad question where the money for the stadium was coming from and he was always told that it was in place yet Martin Perry says in the argus that without Bloom's cash injection we would of gone to the wall!
Im only young but surely Perry is as guilty as Knight and should go as well.
Knight was always ready for the radio when we were doing well!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Funny then that Bloom said himself in todays argus that he "didn't envisage" having to take such major action.

Well, I guess like most people in the world, Tony Bloom "didn't envisage" the almost total collapse of the global banking system. But the fact remains - he was there to underwrite the WHOLE SHEBANG if needs be, and thats exactly what he's done.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
But how many times did my dad question where the money for the stadium was coming from and he was always told that it was in place yet Martin Perry says in the argus that without Bloom's cash injection we would of gone to the wall!

Cripes if I didn`t know better I`d say that was Ian.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
1) Previous insistance that the Falmer funding was fine?

2) Where has the £93 million figure come from?

I know these are already seperate issues being discussed, but I think the Bloom input has rather overshadowed the fact that we seem to have been lied to a bit.

Leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

:tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser::tosser:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

For f*** sake.
Tony Bloom has NOT just walked through the door 24 hours ago to rescue Falmer for us. He's been on the board for YEARS. Even in a worse-case scenario (ie the banks not lending, which is what happened), he was there to ensure Falmer WOULD STILL BE FUNDED.

As we have been told time and time again - the financing is in place for when it is needed. And that is EXACTLY what has transpired. Its only those who seem to have a permanent downer on Pwerry and Knight who are contriving to use this BRILLIANT news as a stick to beat them with.

*andbreathe*

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps you should read the club releases, all the info you require is there.

I have and it isnt. Previously clear statements became more and more vague as the self-imposed deadlines came and went. Examples are funding and the steel purchase. Some very clear dates were initially given from the club as to when the bank funding package would be announced and when the steel was to be ordered. Once the deadlines passed the funding then became 'available when needed' and the steel order was suddenly the domain of The Buckingham Group.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Yes, the club wouldve gone to the wall, of course it would! But perry's always known that tony bloom was there to step n and that's exactly what he's done. Can you please tell me what perry (or anyone else for that matter) has done wrong? This is getting ridiculous. I declare a BINFEST!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

You didn't complete the sentance "when he 1st came on board" But don't let that stand in the way of your bell-end argument. FFS....:shrug:

Yoda

English & European
1) Previous insistance that the Falmer funding was fine?

Perhaps' Tony Bloom said he was prepared ages ago to stump up the money incase as a plan b, therefore funding was always fine.

2) Where has the £93 million figure come from?

This is not just stadium cost's but also includes road infrastructure etc where money is coming from grants anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think Martin Perry discovered yesterday that "Bloom saved the project".

Totally agree. It was obvious a while back the club were struggling to secure funding.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
why do kids nowadays see the internet as an excuse for defermation of character, if you are that wound up Withdean Wimperer go off to RedorDeadILUVMANU.CO.UK and chat to some fellow plastics

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here