Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kishishev and OGH one year deals confirmed, Tunni and McNulty to leave?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's quite obvious. He lives down here, he's got a family and a home so moving will not be something he WANTS to do. From a football point of view, he'd be looking at a conference club at best. So what would you do? Take another year of money for, if we're being honest, doing absolutely nothing, or slog your guts out for Grays Athletic or the like? He knows he won't play here, so 12 months of guaranteed wages for a bit of training and reserve football is surely quite a cushy option at the end of a career.

Blimey, I agree with CB :eek:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Er? Maybe because Hart himself, last season stated, that his career had been damaged by being moc=ved about, and that he did not wish to be considered anywahere OTHER than up front.

did he? well maybe on reflection he realised 370 games in 12 years isnt such a damaged career after all

I can't understand why HE wants to stay.

apart from the settled family life pointed out, maybe he's decided he is happy to be a utility player after all and expects to get some games. because with the fabled 23 man squad, everyone will be used and theres no space for passengers.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
There are numerous clubs locally that would take Hart if he wanted to leave and would probably pay him more than he gets at the Albion

Like Kuipers Im sure hes always got a job offer at the Albion so he stays because he loves the club, im not knocking that.

However i woudnt give him a playing deal.

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
i'd rather hart wasn't here if it might hold possibly holdback the progtress of a young player such as Barker.
mcnulty i'd like to keep because i love him
tunnicliffe is not abad player but with greer, elphick, el-abd, and young dunk coming through we don't really need him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'd be gutted if OGH was starting regularly, as it would suggest that Gus has screwed up on his striking options. But OGH coming off the bench to close down a 1-0 victory away from home by being a pest and chasing everything and annoying defenders, that's fine by me.

He won't be costing the club a huge amount of money, so it's not a case of OGH INSTEAD OF a six figure sum striker, there is room for both.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I'd be gutted if OGH was starting regularly, as it would suggest that Gus has screwed up on his striking options. But OGH coming off the bench to close down a 1-0 victory away from home by being a pest and chasing everything and annoying defenders, that's fine by me.

He won't be costing the club a huge amount of money, so it's not a case of OGH INSTEAD OF a six figure sum striker, there is room for both.

This.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So are you justifying an entire year of employment based on an ability to run about a bit for 10 minutes at the end of certain matches if we are winning?

Good to see your 24/7 sneering hasn't stopped over the summer. He is a squad player, not a first team starter, and this will be reflected in his wages. If those 10 minutes help us get a few extra points then what's the problem. It's also highly likely he will be used in another capacity.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Yes indeed. An addition rather than an alternative.

Popularity aside, I believe he's got enough in him as a squad player for one more season. Even a pay-as-you-play deal might be an option.

He's flexible enough to provide cover in different areas of the pitch. He's suprised a few with his performances when the Albion were in relegation trouble. Can he still contribute on the pitch, albeit not in a striking role? Yes.

It's not a case of him deserving a meal ticket on loyalty - I think he's still got some role to play this season.

Countless Albion managers have praised his efforts and attitude on the field. Enthusiasm and genuine commitment should never be surplus to requirements in any business. At a time when the English national team has been devoid of spirit, gumption and honest endeavour, he'll give it to you in spades.

I'd love OGH to stay around the club for the rest of his days. There's many roles other than playing that I'm sure he'd do well at - coaching maybe. This season could provide him with a transitional time for him to explore those avenues within the club.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Good to see your 24/7 sneering hasn't stopped over the summer. He is a squad player, not a first team starter, and this will be reflected in his wages. If those 10 minutes help us get a few extra points then what's the problem. It's also highly likely he will be used in another capacity.

Both you and Badger make good points.

I see Hart no more then a player covering injuries and running the clock down in matches.He also has an experienced head which has won promotions and suffered relegations which can only help the squad.
It's no real dent on our playing budget and if he only plays reserve games then the youngsters have a role model on the pitch.He can help mature them a bit.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So are you justifying an entire year of employment based on an ability to run about a bit for 10 minutes at the end of certain matches if we are winning?

Surely Gus Poyet is the one who knows what impact Gary Hart has. If he thinks keeping him (on probably pretty low wages) will help us this season and provide another option off the bench then that is fine by me. As stated elsewhere, it is not like we have decided that we don't need a new striker and that Harty fits the bill instead.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely Gus Poyet is the one who knows what impact Gary Hart has. If he thinks keeping him (on probably pretty low wages) will help us this season and provide another option off the bench then that is fine by me. As stated elsewhere, it is not like we have decided that we don't need a new striker and that Harty fits the bill instead.

But of course you are forgetting that you are dealing with a football GENIUS

Poyet is an absolute joke as far as I'm concerned in the transfer market. Other aspects of him I like and respect, but so far in terms of players signed he's been a calamity. I'm not sure what's worse - the fact we've hardly signed anyone or that those we have signed are either shite or mediocre. Carole? Someone from Cambridge? El Abd on a new deal? No midfielder at all? The man's a f***ing idiot in that respect, and my prediction for us to go down is looking better than ever.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So we offer OGH, a bit part player now for many years, a one year deal, and Forster, our top goal scorer for two years, nowt. I know the background to Forster's spat with Poyet but an extra year for OGH still strikes me as odd given their relative merits as strikers. Thank goodness Gus knows what he is doing.

:shrug:

Last edited:

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Gary Hart had an almost telepathic understanding with Lloyd Owusu, apart from the games he played with Lloyd, OGH has not looked the part for 3 years now. I'm sorry to say I think it's time to release him.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Both you and Badger make good points.

I see Hart no more then a player covering injuries and running the clock down in matches.He also has an experienced head which has won promotions and suffered relegations which can only help the squad.
It's no real dent on our playing budget and if he only plays reserve games then the youngsters have a role model on the pitch.He can help mature them a bit.

That's a good point about the reserves. If we're going to bring youngsters through and keep squad players fit and sharp then the reserve team needs to be a lot more professional than it has been.

If Gary Hart can be an option for Gus, help Charlie out there - and I would imagine his wages are pretty low - then everyone's a winner.

Lush

Mods' Pet
As an additional point, it must be hard to manage the reserves. You've got young players who want to do well and be noticed, but need to learn. And you've got more expereinced players who are probably pissed off that they're not playing for the first team, and want to do well and get back in. It must hard to motivate everyone to play like a team, rather than a collection of individuals. I reckon OGH could help there.

Last edited:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
When are people going to realise that releasing OGH two years ago was the best decision made my the club - the worst has been to keep bringing him back - yes he WAS a good player but if we kept to thinking like that then maybe we could fill wembley with old players - to me football is a game of results - goals get results - and just how many of those have OGH scored compared to Forster?? Yes Nicky "fell out" with Gus but has anyone thought why - Maybe he had heard Hart was possibly getting a contract for doing nothing and yet Nicky was banging goals in for fun and they wouldn't discuss a new contract - football is a game of results and OGH hasn't contributed at all really!!! No

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
When are people going to realise that releasing OGH two years ago was the best decision made my the club - the worst has been to keep bringing him back - yes he WAS a good player but if we kept to thinking like that then maybe we could fill wembley with old players - to me football is a game of results - goals get results - and just how many of those have OGH scored compared to Forster?? Yes Nicky "fell out" with Gus but has anyone thought why - Maybe he had heard Hart was possibly getting a contract for doing nothing and yet Nicky was banging goals in for fun and they wouldn't discuss a new contract - football is a game of results and OGH hasn't contributed at all really!!! No

Well the last bit is complete bollocks, Hart was invited back for pre season to try and earn a contract and any relation to Forster throwing his toys out is basically false.
If Poyet thinks he can do a job for a year don't see the problem not really going to be a on huge wage knows the club and can help the young players in the reserves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here