Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kishishev and OGH one year deals confirmed, Tunni and McNulty to leave?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fair play but let's judge players on their footballing ability. These qualities should be a bonus, not the player's main attributes.

Spot on.

dont know why you're including OGH in the list of strikers, he's more right midfield/RB cover. though the fact people still put him down as a forward shows his versatility and value.

Er? Maybe because Hart himself, last season stated, that his career had been damaged by being moc=ved about, and that he did not wish to be considered anywahere OTHER than up front.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personally I just cannot see the point of giving Hart another year. He offers absolutely nothing. With the greatest respect, it's time he looked elsewhere, this is a supposed promotion campaign, not a popularity contest based on form of six years ago.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the event of an injury crisis or to have on the bench I would sooner haver OGH than Chris Holroyd, I think he is more likely to score. I just hope that we keep Murray and sign another player to play with him and then have Barnes to bring on if needed.

I think that Holroyd needs to go out on loan to Aldershot or similar to get some games and score some goals.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With the exception of five or six games under Slade when the team had little to lose the season before last, he has offered absolutely nothing to the team for several years.

Yes, he's enthusiastic enough, but so would I be if you stuck me out on the wing in an Albion shirt and you wouldn't want me in the team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That bit is presumably a joke? The stats from recen years say Adam El Abd is far more likely to score for us than Gary Hart.

That is because OGH hasnt been played as a striker until Slade arrived and then he had a few assists. If we needed a goal with 10 mins to go who would you put your money on Hart or Holroyd as most likely to score.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is because OGH hasnt been played as a striker until Slade arrived and then he had a few assists. If we needed a goal with 10 mins to go who would you put your money on Hart or Holroyd as most likely to score.

Holroyd, definitely.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Personally I just cannot see the point of giving Hart another year. He offers absolutely nothing. With the greatest respect, it's time he looked elsewhere, this is a supposed promotion campaign, not a popularity contest based on form of six years ago.

This is the thing for me - I can't understand why HE wants to stay.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Holroyd just needs a goal. I think he will do fine for us if we show some patience

The thing that worries me is he is 24, and his best season was 12 goals in the Conference. His past experience in league 2 with Chester was 4 goals in over 30 games, i dont understand why he was rated so highly.
Im happy to give him a few games this season, but if we want promotion, as harsh as this may sound, we cannot afford to keep giving him chance after chance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it's quite obvious. He lives down here, he's got a family and a home so moving will not be something he WANTS to do. From a football point of view, he'd be looking at a conference club at best. So what would you do? Take another year of money for, if we're being honest, doing absolutely nothing, or slog your guts out for Grays Athletic or the like? He knows he won't play here, so 12 months of guaranteed wages for a bit of training and reserve football is surely quite a cushy option at the end of a career.

Oh, I get all that, but he's always seemed a guy with bucket-loads of PASSION for the game. You would think he would realise that he's basically pissing away the best years of his career. Seems a shame that's all. Can't have much self respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here