Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kiosk Service etc.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Because I suspect MOST season tocket holders do not know abour the e-cash facility. the information states "loyalty card" rather than season ticket and i'm not sure quite as many people as the club hoped have cottoned on that they are one and the same.

I think this is probably true, maybe opening up a couple of card only tills would make people realise. Although that could lead to massive confusion as well.

As for feedback - I find the NS queues are brilliant before KO, not had to queue for more than a couple of minutes since the first few games.

The only thing seems to be the stock levels - a number of times there is no Harvey's but available in 20 minutes. The WH game had this at the main kiosk so I made do with a lagar, to find that the small Pie and Pint counter next the gents had loads of Harveys. Last Sunday we wanted two chicken pies but was told there would be none for 20 minutes (this was at two fifteen) so we tried the Balti pies instead so not an issue really but I would expect this at the end of the match not before.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
You really are a moany old git.

Waitrose, you say? They sell Pieminister pies, which originated from a small shop here in Bristol before making it in the big time. I would say Pieminister pies are on a par with our Amex pies. Are they £3.50? No, but they're close at £3.19...

Pieminister moo pie - Waitrose
Pieminister pie matador - Waitrose
Pieminister heidi pie - Waitrose

So for your extra 31p you are having your artisan pie heated for you and served up in a top sporting arena. £3.50 looks great value in my eyes.

And being so dismissive of people who are making thousands and thousands of pies - far beyond 2000 - every other week is just plain rude.
Add to that the fact that if you use your 'virtual cash' to buy the pie it only really costs you £3.15 then it is actually cheaper than Waitrose

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We stayed behind in WSL on Sunday for a couple of pints, chat and watching Fulham/Spurs.
The bar had a sign up closing at 18-00, but there were literally 50 pies left unsold, when we asked what happened to these, we were told they were scrapped. They obviousely cannot be saved or reheated, wouldnt it be an idea to sell them off half price to maximise profit and to tempt people to stay later on the concoarses, increasing the till takings on beer, and also allowing the train queues to disappear.
We left at 6-10 and got on the platform 5 mins before the 6-28 to Eastbourne, which was empty with 8 carriages, no changes at Lewes, off at Berwick and indoors in Hailsham by 7-00, superb.
This was just at one outlet, imagine the number wasted when multiplied by all the pie outlets.
Just seems such a waste of lovely pies and profit for the club.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Along with a group of friends I rather overused the catering facilities on Sunday and we were on the whole extremely happy with service, products and VFM.

The moaners are unbelievably shortsighted - we are being dished up the best pies in the known universe at the completely reasonable price of £3.15... and on top of this we get to wash down our pie with well looked after Harveys at £3.24 a pint.

The Chicken Balti pie is a triumph and will be my choice next time I am lucky enough to be buying a pie at The AMEX.

My only constructive criticism would be in relation to the "hot dog" I picked up as an impulse buy after the game. This was not a high quality product and consequently rather disappointing. A MASSIVE none-too-tasty bun dwarfing the sausage was the main taste issue - but this was compounded by a significant practical problem that arises from the buns being cut all the way through. On removing the hot dog from its bag one is faced with a perilous 3 piece juggling act and the safe addition of condiments is almost impossible - needs attention.

10/10 for pies and Harveys.

2/10 for hot dog.

and the Swan hog roast before the game... top scoffing! :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We stayed behind in WSL on Sunday for a couple of pints, chat and watching Fulham/Spurs.
The bar had a sign up closing at 18-00, but there were literally 50 pies left unsold, when we asked what happened to these, we were told they were scrapped. They obviousely cannot be saved or reheated, wouldnt it be an idea to sell them off half price to maximise profit and to tempt people to stay later on the concoarses, increasing the till takings on beer, and also allowing the train queues to disappear.
We left at 6-10 and got on the platform 5 mins before the 6-28 to Eastbourne, which was empty with 8 carriages, no changes at Lewes, off at Berwick and indoors in Hailsham by 7-00, superb.
This was just at one outlet, imagine the number wasted when multiplied by all the pie outlets.
Just seems such a waste of lovely pies and profit for the club.

Why don't they sell the pies that are left with 30 minutes to go before the bars close at £1 each , surely its better to flog 50 - 100 pies than throw them in the bins ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Reasonably old and grumpy actually, thanks for pointing that out.

It wasn't really a moan (honestly!), the OP asked for actual fact-based feedback and I supplied some.

To be honest generally the service has always been good, pie's nice, Harveys nice and staff polite.
Have you always been grumpy Ken or have you got grumpier as you've got older?

Your initial reply had me in stitches, as its EXACTLY what I would have done....I'd have even offered the lad a bite.....but I'm a contrary old bastard :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why don't they sell the pies that are left with 30 minutes to go before the bars close at £1 each , surely its better to flog 50 - 100 pies than throw them in the bins ?

trouble is, with an hour or so to go, anyone thinking about buying a pie is going to wait until they are £1 aren't they. What they should do really is give them away at the end. This wouldn't be guaranteed to happen every time, and so most hungry people will still buy one rather than risk missing out just to get a free one. You then might have a few lucky people who can scoff an extra free pie on the way home.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Oh , and where have all the single pump mobile "bars" gone?

I didn't see one operating in WSU on Sunday, which was disappointing as i fancied a pre match pint but didn't fancy a long re-drink wait!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
trouble is, with an hour or so to go, anyone thinking about buying a pie is going to wait until they are £1 aren't they. What they should do really is give them away at the end. This wouldn't be guaranteed to happen every time, and so most hungry people will still buy one rather than risk missing out just to get a free one. You then might have a few lucky people who can scoff an extra free pie on the way home.

What I was suggesting, and SoGrimsby, was before they close the concourse bars, not before the match ends, that way more people stay behind to drink and have half price pies, money goes through tills on beer sales and train queues go.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What I was suggesting, and SoGrimsby bars, was before they close the concourse bars, not before the match ends, that way more people stay behind to drink and have half price pies, money goes through tills on beer sales and train queues go.

Does seem rather silly to just throw stuff away as opposed to at least get some money for them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

...or free pie with every pint after 5:45, say, whilst stocks last. Might persude a few more pints to be sold.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
WSL before the match....................no pies. No pies and yet more . No pies.

This. If you're after constructive criticsm - queued up for just a couple of drinks around 2.30 on Sun (WSL - north stand end). Very nice, pleasant staff but they literally ran out of food for a while. To have staff shout out loudly "NO FOOD!" several times to everyone in the queue half an hour before kick off isn't really good enough and, on only one occasion all season have there been any hot dogs left before kick off. Not a moan - just an observation if it helps.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
and the Swan hog roast before the game... top scoffing! :thumbsup:
cheers Titanic - I'd forgotten about the Hog Roast...! I'd give that 5/10... dubious VFM at £5.50 and rather chewy crackling let it down.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
...or free pie with every pint after 5:45, say, whilst stocks last. Might persude a few more pints to be sold.

Might cause another binfest on here if they were free, "FFS, I stayed till 5-45 for a free pie and they ran out", probably by Return of the Rev:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here