Kiosk Service etc.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The only place I ever get asked for ID now is at the Amex. Think I have been asked 3 times now, not been asked in London since about 2007ish.

The one on Saturday looked at my driving license for around 1 and a half minutes!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The staff in the centre of the East have been consistently brilliant from the start. For the Doncaster game, I was served by a black girl who apologised straight away and said she was still learning where everything was, and that she wouldn't keep me. She was clearly a bit ditsy, but very sweet and genuine. I saw her before the Hull game aswell, it's good to have a friendly face to go back to. The service in general there is much better, I was able to get a chicken and ham pie after the game aswell as before, which is much better, and all the people working there seemed to know what was going on. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff, they all seem very good, the supplies have been a bit on the low side before but didn't seem a problem on saturday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well I've read the steak ones are supposed to me the best, but I don't like them. Obviously high quality ingredients - but don't do it for me.

The chicken and ham ones are very nice. I'm a bit fussy about the above - because they are the kind I make at home.

I can honestly say that every pie I've had is "Waitrose Quality". i.e. the best you can expect from something made on mass like that. Which is very good.

The comment about being "not value for money" above is frankly rubbish. They are bloody good value for money and whilst they may have suffered slightly from the higher production, the quality of the ingredients hasn't. It stands out.

You get what you pay for. Pay a couple of quid and get meat slurry. Make a chicken and ham like that at home and you would struggle it in at that price. So the price is honest and reflects the ingredients. Some people would rather pay next to nothing and shove some unidentifiable protein in their gob. Not me.

I would enjoy a home made one more, since I think the box is mucking them up a bit. The pastry is being allowed to steam - making it soggy. That's my only criticism.

1. Do Waitrose charge £3.50 for a decent pie....................No
2. Anybody could make similar at home of the same quality but much cheaper. Could they make 2000 or whatever probably not using home cooking methods but commercial methods probably yes.

For my own personal taste they are too dry and need more gravy in them but nor swimming in gravy so it is simple I do not buy them.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Don't know if it's been said elsewhere but good on yer for coming on here and asking for some feedback. It's a pity that Azure and also the Club (re all the transportation chaos) can't do something similar so big praise for showing some initiative.

I think it's getting better but the mobile stuff could be improved. They're not very recognisable and then only seem to sell (never used it) those small bottles of lager which cost a bomb ... why not have like they do at grand prix and elsewhere which is fellas carrying a pack on their back with a pump that can serve up pints? Also that great big Hot Dog stand in WSL doesn't get much use and it'd be better if it did pies and pints I'd have thought

The only place I ever get asked for ID now is at the Amex. Think I have been asked 3 times now, not been asked in London since about 2007ish.

The one on Saturday looked at my driving license for around 1 and a half minutes!

good, i'm glad he/she is protecting themselves and indeed the stadium's licence, This isn't a pop at you sir for one minute, but in this day and age I have no sympathy for anyone under about 30 who doesn't carry proof of age, only yesterday I took great pleasure in threating to take some little shit claiming to be 27 outside and give him 'a good kicking' when he verbally abused the girl in my local Nisa who is a friend of mine (although he wasn't to know this as I waited behind him in the queue). They have a 'Think 25' policy and he could have passed for under 25, simples

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Things seem to be getting better generally but unfortunately that was not my experience on Sunday. Although the queues were much quicker I was not happy too wait 10 mins too be told that the only thing they had for sale was chicken pies. Great if you wanted a pie but we wanted hot dogs and at 2.15 I think this is a bit poor. We nearly got one from the mobile units at Falmer station and I wish we had. We were in the south stand and did manage to get a hot dog at half time by which time we were starving. Why can't they put a sign up to say what they have run out of so you don't have to queue for nothing, I don't really go for pies much.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. Do Waitrose charge £3.50 for a decent pie....................No
2. Anybody could make similar at home of the same quality but much cheaper. Could they make 2000 or whatever probably not using home cooking methods but commercial methods probably yes.

For my own personal taste they are too dry and need more gravy in them but nor swimming in gravy so it is simple I do not buy them.

You really are a moany old git.

Waitrose, you say? They sell Pieminister pies, which originated from a small shop here in Bristol before making it in the big time. I would say Pieminister pies are on a par with our Amex pies. Are they £3.50? No, but they're close at £3.19...

Pieminister moo pie - Waitrose
Pieminister pie matador - Waitrose
Pieminister heidi pie - Waitrose

So for your extra 31p you are having your artisan pie heated for you and served up in a top sporting arena. £3.50 looks great value in my eyes.

And being so dismissive of people who are making thousands and thousands of pies - far beyond 2000 - every other week is just plain rude.

What I'd be interested to know is it really the staff getting better/quicker or are less people using the kiosks now as the novelty has worn off. The queues at half time in WSU seem to be shorter and quicker.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Things seem to be getting better generally but unfortunately that was not my experience on Sunday. Although the queues were much quicker I was not happy too wait 10 mins too be told that the only thing they had for sale was chicken pies. Great if you wanted a pie but we wanted hot dogs and at 2.15 I think this is a bit poor. We nearly got one from the mobile units at Falmer station and I wish we had. We were in the south stand and did manage to get a hot dog at half time by which time we were starving. Why can't they put a sign up to say what they have run out of so you don't have to queue for nothing, I don't really go for pies much.

From the other thread on this subject from Sunday, this seems to be the main issue now [MENTION=22115]TryingToServe[/MENTION] - that there is not a continuous supply of all products to all outlets. Someone will be told 'no pies' at 2:30, but they'll be back again at 2:50. As the food range is quite narrow, this makes it more of an issue than it might otherwise be.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You really are a moany old git.

Waitrose, you say? They sell Pieminister pies, which originated from a small shop here in Bristol before making it in the big time. I would say Pieminister pies are on a par with our Amex pies. Are they £3.50? No, but they're close at £3.19...

Pieminister moo pie - Waitrose
Pieminister pie matador - Waitrose
Pieminister heidi pie - Waitrose

So for your extra 31p you are having your artisan pie heated for you and served up in a top sporting arena. £3.50 looks great value in my eyes.

And being so dismissive of people who are making thousands and thousands of pies - far beyond 2000 - every other week is just plain rude.

Ok I stand corrected as I have got it wrong I do not use Waitrose as I cannot afford to and was basing the pricing on Sainsburys who do not charge that for decent pies.

As regards the making of a number of pies I was just pointing out that I could make one or two pies at home of equal quality at a much cheaper price than £3.50 each and was just pointing out that I probably couldnt make 2000, just a figure plucked out of the air, at home but if I had commercial premises and equipment could possibly do so.

As I have said I do not think that they are VFM so do not buy them very simple nobody is saying I or anybody else should be compelled to buy one. The 'too expensive' is a remark I have heard from many supporters.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
What I'd be interested to know is it really the staff getting better/quicker or are less people using the kiosks now as the novelty has worn off. The queues at half time in WSU seem to be shorter and quicker.
I was thinking maybe people are fed up with queuing so maybe this is why things are quicker, just less people.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think most people have given up on the half-time queues as a bad job. On the plus side, service seems better and indeed happier both before and after the game, so that's an improvement. Credit where its due.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, that one individual not knowing chicken balti pies were for sale is conclusive proof that the entire stadium catering management are not doing their job properly....

A new product available and a front-line staff member didn't know about it. I'd say that management didn't do their job properly.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Less 10% if paid for using your smart card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here