Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kiosk Service etc.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What I was suggesting, and SoGrimsby, was before they close the concourse bars, not before the match ends, that way more people stay behind to drink and have half price pies, money goes through tills on beer sales and train queues go.

did you really think I meant an hour or so to go before the end of the match? come on, keep up.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Before Sunday's game i went to the West Upper (north end) kiosk and said "Chicken Balti Pie please" and the guy behind the counter said "We dont do Balti Pies yet, we'll be doing them in two weeks time".

I replied "no you're mistaken they are on sale today" and he said "no they're not", I pointed to the big poster in front of him that said CHICKEN BALTI PIE and he said "that's wrong they're not on sale yet, only the normal chicken pies". I said "goodbye".

I walked along to the centre kiosk and said to the lovely young lady "Chicken Balti Pie please" and she said "certainly" and gave me the pie I wanted. I said thankyou. She smiled very nicely.

I then took a bite (to check the pie was indeed a Balti Pie) and went back to the first guy and said "there you are a Chicken Balti Pie" he looked at it,looked at me, looked at the pie again, looked at me again and said "Oh, I didn't think we were doing them yet"

Clearly the management are not doing their job and briefing their staff - what hope have the service staff got if they are not trained or briefed properly?

I don't know why, but every time I read this post, it comes out in my head in an Alan Partridge voice.

Did you finish up by telling the man "Needless to say, I had the last laugh"?

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
As far as I know this sounds like an isolated incident. I'll personally talk to the people involved and make sure all staff know what they're actually being paid to sell :D

The same thing happened to me in the south stand. The girls behind the counter said they didn't, but she did look like she had just woken up and didn't look to be paying much attention to her job as she then said to the people behind her, can we have two chicken pies when I clearly ordered the chicken balti pie and told her specifically that I didn't want a chicken and ham pie. I then went to the next counter along and they were very helpful and did give me a chicken balti pie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You need to speak to one of the nice young ladies like [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] did. As a result he had 2 (two).

He he. Indeed :wink:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
It works like this...

You have £20 on your card and you make a £10 purchase. Your resultant balance, after this transaction, is £11 (not £10). The 10% cashback gets added to your card balance immediately at the point of sale.

Sorry to be pedantic, but in fact it's not 10%, more 11%. If you buy a pie for £3.50, you then get 35p back on your card. When you use that 35p again you then get 3.5p back. As a result the 10% cashback is rolling, and not just rewarded once. Ok not much on a pie, but after spending about £500 so far this season on various things that gives me an extra £5 on top. Or ond and a half free pies so even better vfm.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry to be pedantic, but in fact it's not 10%, more 11%. If you buy a pie for £3.50, you then get 35p back on your card. When you use that 35p again you then get 3.5p back. As a result the 10% cashback is rolling, and not just rewarded once. Ok not much on a pie, but after spending about £500 so far this season on various things that gives me an extra £5 on top. Or ond and a half free pies so even better vfm.

ah yes, but you also get .35p back on your 3.5p, so inactual fact you are getting 11.111111111(recurring)% back

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh , and where have all the single pump mobile "bars" gone?

I didn't see one operating in WSU on Sunday, which was disappointing as i fancied a pre match pint but didn't fancy a long re-drink wait!

I bought 4 pints from it (in two goes) on Sunday and was the ONLY person there on both occasions. All half an hour before kick off.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You're not Mr Creosote are you?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Stupidly I avoided the queues and plumped for a Hot Dog. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever come across (and I didn't come across it, most of it went straight in the bin).

The sausage was greasy, the roll extremely delicate and it was utter crap.

I'd rather they sold out and went with... (SHIT forgotten the name) ... the hot dogs we had at Uni. They were class. Half a proper baguette, speared on a bit of metal to make room for the sausage and a wide variety of sauces. Someone help me out? I think their marketing slogan was something about being the best hot dog in the world.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Indeed.

I was going to point that out but as our friend was having trouble with even the basic concepts, I decided to try and keep it simple.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Hello again all. Haven't had a chance to have a shufti at this thread again since last night, and was alarmed when another three pages of comments have popped up! Obviously won't be able to reply to all but I'm happy to answer the general same problems that many of you seem to be having.

First up: HOT DOGS. As I said earlier in the thread, I completely agree that they're not up to scratch. The sausage and the bread, individually, are very good quality. But like so many A-List couples, they just don't work together. I find the bread is always too big and it really doesn't help when it's cut all the way through the middle. Strictly speaking each hot dog is supposed to come with an individual hot dog tray, but we're just not being supplied with enough of the buggers, so we have to make do with the foil bags. Hopefully when we finally have more trays delivered that might help. I'll raise the issue again about the size of the buns and see what could be done. Personally, I could just eat a ton of the sausages, I love them.

Next: PIES. I'm glad you all enjoy the pies (when you can get them!). I have to say I do too, I think they're terrific. And the gentleman who suggested that we take them home afterwards for our tea was spot on - obviously only if there's enough left of course! In terms of stock, we are now getting the correct amount for each game, the problem this week seemed to be that not enough were in the right places. Certain areas ran out whilst others were massively overstocked. Now we have enough, and we have a better idea of the demand in different areas, this should start to smooth itself out. I'll talk to management about cut-price pies etc towards the end of the game, but unfortunately I don't think they'll take it up as an option. Whilst they'd love to get those extra sales in, I fear it would encourage more people to stay much later. Our license to sell ANYTHING only runs until certain times depending on the time of the event so I don't think it would make sense logistically.

Finally, BEERS. There were several people roaming around with the portable pumps, I just don't think they stick out enough when the concourses are all packed out. I think the club may be looking into getting more of these guys in. I loved the suggestion of drinks only lines at the kiosks, I'll suggest this. Hopefully that would help queue times.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
1. Do Waitrose charge £3.50 for a decent pie....................No

Edit: Just seen lots of others proving that they do. In fact the going rate for any quality pie is around that price, and that's before someone has even cooked the thing for you.

Anyone who thinks they are poor value is stuck in 1990. The Chicken and Ham I had Sunday was the best I've had to date. However when they are overcooked....

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Oh and well done tryingtoserve for coming on here and asking for feedback, that is exactly what we need more of from the club :clap:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'll talk to management about cut-price pies etc towards the end of the game, but unfortunately I don't think they'll take it up as an option. Whilst they'd love to get those extra sales in, I fear it would encourage more people to stay much later. Our license to sell ANYTHING only runs until certain times depending on the time of the event so I don't think it would make sense logistically.

My idea was to generate sales rather than allow wastage. Pies could still be full price until half an hour before the bars closed thats if there are any left.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Deprived of my Amex Chicken and Ham pie yet again on a Saturday, today I purchased from Sainsburys their top of the range "Taste the difference" Chicken and Ham pie for £2.65. Slightly smaller than the Piglets but filling inside whilst tasty was about half of that in a Piglet pie. Pastry was slightly better though, crispy puff pastry and browned off nicely. That maybe due to the different cooking methods - 30 minutes in a convential oven as compared to what they do at the Amex. Overall Piglets win though on value for money and quality of filling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here