Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Killer Whale kills Seaworld trainer in front of crowd

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Is this thread for real ?

Whenever I've seen previous threads on NSC where a human has lost their life [under whatever circumstances] there has been a string of "RIPs" - mostly from people who never knew the deceased.

Here, a human has died at the hands of a wild mamal and all everyone seems to be doing is coming up with weak "That's Life" puns and inuendos.

Somebody died FFS. Where's the consistency?
Whatever the rights or wrongs of being a whale trainer - show some respect.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Whenever I've seen previous threads on NSC where a human has lost their life [under whatever circumstances] there has been a string of "RIPs" - mostly from people who never knew the deceased.

Here, a human has died at the hands of a wild mamal and all everyone seems to be doing is coming up with weak "That's Life" puns and inuendos.

People die every minute of every day mate, you must be in a constant state of grief.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

You're absolutely right, of course, SS. We ORCA be showing a lot more respect.

RIP to The Trainer innit. :angel:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Okay, it's not KRILLiant news. You might want to WHALE but I'm not going to BLUBBER over this.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was stoned in the balaerics once.
I couldn't sit down for a week.

I took my wife up the Iberian Peninsula once and she reckons that really made her ache.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
These fishy puns are in poor taste. I notice that no one stooped so low during the recent earthquake and the tragedy of all those CRUSHEDHAITIANS...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Also most people agree that Horse actually enjoy the experience of the race and have a close bond with Humans. Whales in cramped swimming pools being made to do tricks with beasts who are meant to be in vast oceans seems slightly different but if you think its the same , fair enough :thumbsup:

What rot!...them whales and dolphins love it! I've seen them with their big smiley whale faces laughing like f*** and jumping through hoops and everything!...and they get footballs to play with and all the dead fish they can eat...sounds like a brilliant trade off...what would they be doing in the sea eh? answer me that...swimming round in arctic waters chasing seals and penguins about NO, they would much rather be in a swimming pool in Florida attacking the odd trainer.

Horses on the other hand, how would you enjoy having a psychotic midget paddy hanging onto your back hitting your arse with a whip... er, well possibly you're the wrong person to ask on reflection.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Moral dilemma - If you had front row camcorder footage of the incident - essentially the Orcan equivalent of the Zapruder Tape - would you call the News Of The World, or not?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Moral dilemma - If you had front row camcorder footage of the incident - essentially the Orcan equivalent of the Zapruder Tape - would you call the News Of The World, or not?

Somebody did, and they must have called the press. The video has been in press reports, but is cut off before the incident began.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Theres noFIN wrong with thier natural habitat, so why take them and put them in captivity?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Yes, obviously. And then I'd sue Sea World for post traumatic stress.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Yeah, why not? I'd like to think it would be of some KELP. :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dawn Brancheau - interesting name. Changing the subject, anyone watching the rugby tomorrow night? It's France vs Wales.

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
I'm glad that due to legislature in this country, it is virtually impossible to keep dolphins and whales in captivity for performing purposes or whatever. That's why the Dolphinarium closed down all those years ago.

And quite rightly too!! I think it's wrong for such large mammals to be kept in "bathtub" conditions and forced to perform for stupid gawping tourists. I'm afraid fatalities will continue unless the US government change things, which seems unlikely.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bearing mind it is a whale we are talking about do you think his trainer was looking fro Free Willy ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here