Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Palace plucked Wharton from Championship obscurity, now he’s supposed to be the next coming, surely there’s others who can step up. The move to get a championship player would appear to be a fairly simple process, wages, no problem, clubs are generally less inclined to block the move, and the player desperate to play in the big time.
Olise (Reading) and Eze (QPR) came from Championship teams too

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Interesting comments from Leicester fans at the end of this article:

1719569444664.png

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Interesting comments from Leicester fans at the end of this article:

View attachment 184814
Ah good, we are moving past the angry we didn't get him phase to the "didn't rate him anyway" phase. Hope we don't sign him now or it might get awkward having to backtrack.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I don’t rate him at all… thought he looked below average in the PL when he emerged, a pound shop Bowen or similar…

Turns out he’s a £40 million + shop Bowen.

The market is utterly ridiculous, I agree with the Leicester fans.

Hopefully Chelsea will take him and we can look for FAR better value elsewhere.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don’t rate him at all… thought he looked below average in the PL when he emerged, a pound shop Bowen or similar…

Turns out he’s a £40 million + shop Bowen.

The market is utterly ridiculous, I agree with the Leicester fans.

Hopefully Chelsea will take him and we can look for FAR better value elsewhere.
Err, he's nothing like Bowen?!

Looks like we'll miss out which is a shame as there's no doubt he is a very good player and exactly the type of player we need in midfield.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Err, he's nothing like Bowen?!

Looks like we'll miss out which is a shame as there's no doubt he is a very good player and exactly the type of player we need in midfield.
I’m not suggesting he’s like Bowen, more that he’s British, average, overrated and over valued… soon to be vastly over paid… his PL stats are dire, worse than I’d thought actually:

Premier League
Year
Year
Matches
Games played
Goals
Goals
Assists
Assists
Yellow
Red
2022-23
2022-23
2021-22

Really hope we miss out on him, he’s going to be massively underwhelming at PL level.

That said if he turns out to be amazing, and we sign him, we can look forward to a huge net profit in a year when he moves to a ‘big’ club.

And we can re-visit this whole process again… yey!

Tbh, I’d rather pay less, attain greater value and less risk re resale potential than sign a player who ‘shone’ in a team that really was always likely to dominate the Championship. I’m far more interested in players who shine in shit teams.

Last edited:

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
As with everything, money talks. With us KDH would more than likely be a starter every match, at Chelsea nothing more than a bench-warmer, cup player. If that's what he wants then great, bugger all we can do about it, be the next Danny Drinkwater then lad. No way is he going to be in front of the midfielders they've already got to call on. Shame, as I thought he'd fill that good, dependable midfielder role we kinda need to balance the flare-tastic young'uns.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This summer, looks like they've scuppered our deals with both McKenna and Dewsbury-Hall - genuinely didn't think I could despise that club any more but, fair play to them, they've achieved what I thought was impossible...
never liked them or their shitty neanderthal fans, they have always been West London Chav at it's worst.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This summer, looks like they've scuppered our deals with both McKenna and Dewsbury-Hall - genuinely didn't think I could despise that club any more but, fair play to them, they've achieved what I thought was impossible...
If that's the case, it may not necessarily be a bad thing. I quite liked KDH based on seeing a few Leicester matches in the Championship last season - but he doesn't seem to have unqualified support amongst the LCFC fanbase. And tbh I'm more excited by Hurzeler than I was by McKenna. Who knows!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here