Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I’d rather keep Moder. Don’t think KDH is a 25/30m upgrade.
I think Moder will go regardless.

Looking KDH's attributes I fear we were looking for him to replace Pascal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Our recruitment and ability to get deals done has slowly declined over time since Winstanley & Ashworth left. It’s a concern and you question if continual recruitment / promotion within was the right move

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Our recruitment and ability to get deals done has slowly declined over time since Winstanley & Ashworth left. It’s a concern and you question if continual recruitment / promotion within was the right move
Totally agree. We appear so sluggish while other clubs appear to react like a viper.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
we've always missed out on players, we're just a bit more newsworthy now.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003

I still don't agree with that point of view. Bloom and Barber wouldn't have promoted these people if they couldn't do the job, or if it became apparent they weren't up to it, they would've acted swiftly. Whilst we all love Brighton and what it has to offer you have to remember that we are at the arse end of the country and it is a big upheaval to bring family down this way. It can't always be an easy sell when other clubs have much more pulling power in wages and location.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I still don't agree with that point of view. Bloom and Barber wouldn't have promoted these people if they couldn't do the job, or if it became apparent they weren't up to it, they would've acted swiftly. Whilst we all love Brighton and what it has to offer you have to remember that we are at the arse end of the country and it is a big upheaval to bring family down this way. It can't always be an easy sell when other clubs have much more pulling power in wages and location.
We promoted David Weir from loans manager to replacing Ashworth. I don’t believe he could possibly have been the best candidate for the job - always felt a convenient option.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We promoted David Weir from loans manager to replacing Ashworth. I don’t believe he could possibly have been the best candidate for the job - always felt a convenient option.
You're doubting Bloom and Barber's choice of appointments? That's akin to accusing them of laziness in not appointing a new candidate. It's well known we have a wage structure that Tony Bloom is not going to break for anybody.

Chelsea is always going to gazump us on wages, which is why I want them to crash and burn under FFP.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You're doubting Bloom and Barber's choice of appointments? That's akin to accusing them of laziness in not appointing a new candidate.
Yes I am. Sami Hyypia anyone ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just appears his agent has played a blinder. This won't be Chelsea suddenly having interest out of nowhere. That just doesn't happen. The agent would have been in discussions with them and I suspect Chelsea were holding fire on going ahead with a move as I'd be STAGGERED if he is their top transfer target.

I would play it exactly how the agent seems to have done. May as well carry on with the Brighton transfer and then you open the door to LOADS of possibilities.

-Trigger Chelsea to actually bid
-Get an improved contract offer from Leicester to stay
-Worse case, get a move with a pay rise.

Sometimes you get played. Shrug and move on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes I am. Sami Hyypia anyone ?
I think you're being a little bit harsh there.

No appointment in football - neither managers nor players - ever comes with a guarantee of success, and it's very easy to be wise after the event.

The very biggest and richest clubs in the world, with resources and a pull far greater than our own, make dud appointments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here