Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
We just have to remember that Winstanley probably has a lot to do with this and just accept for now. I would love to see us put some bids in and unsettle some of the Chelsea players. £25m for Colwill, £30m Mudryk, £5m Gilchrist ?.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Chelsea trying to sign a soon-to-be-26-year-old midfielder who only 18 months ago was bang average in the PL (where he hasn't played since) really doesn't look all that good.

KDH would probably be a good player for us. Why Chelsea would want him when their alleged ambition is to compete for the biggest titles... I don't know. Guess its because of Maresca, but why did they spend time and effort on building up recruitment and scouting just to let their new manager sign players from his old Championship team?

He is a decent player but if Chelsea want him we should just move on. He's not worth the fight. Plenty of other good midfielders to go for.
According to the Telegraph, they're building a squad to cope with a 75-80 game season including the Club World Cup. They already have 6 players competing for KDH's position so, being generous he might get 20 matches a year. That's assuming - as they are - that they do well in all the Cups. There's very little evidence to suggest that will be the case.

So I guess it comes down to whether he wants to sit on the bench with a nice fat wallet to cushion his arse, or progress his career as a key player for us. If it's the former, good luck Kiernan. Give our regards to Alex Pritchard if you bump into him.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
According to the Telegraph, they're building a squad to cope with a 75-80 game season including the Club World Cup. They already have 6 players competing for KDH's position so, being generous he might get 20 matches a year. That's assuming - as they are - that they do well in all the Cups. There's very little evidence to suggest that will be the case.

So I guess it comes down to whether he wants to sit on the bench with a nice fat wallet to cushion his arse, or progress his career as a key player for us. If it's the former, good luck Kiernan. Give our regards to Alex Pritchard if you bump into him.
His choice is the only sensible, its the only realistic chance he has to go to a big club, and he's probably confident in his ability to break into the team.

For him, going to Chelsea makes a lot of sense. For Chelsea not so much.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Tbh I always thought we'd get gazumped on KDH as there are a few teams who are in place to pay him more than we do. That's just the way it is. I am however royally f**ked off that is the laziest recruiting department in the league that is doing the gazumping. FFS do they spend all day on NSC for their transfer targets? Utter joke.

If KDH goes to Chelsea he'll become an even wealthier man but I suspect his career will atrophy as he will struggle to make an impact in an already crowded midfield. We have other midfield targets and Chelsea cannot buy them all, if we cannot get this deal done we'll move on.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
His choice is the only sensible, its the only realistic chance he has to go to a big club, and he's probably confident in his ability to break into the team.

I agree. I also suspect that, despite there being an element of Boehly copying our homework again, this is a Maresca-driven move

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Yeh. Let's see how that pans out. Maresca probably won't even be in the job for more than a season.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It's not only us...they did it to Liverpool (twice) and Arsenal last summer.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Tbh I always thought we'd get gazumped on KDH as there are a few teams who are in place to pay him more than we do. That's just the way it is. I am however royally f**ked off that is the laziest recruiting department in the league that is doing the gazumping. FFS do they spend all day on NSC for their transfer targets? Utter joke.

If KDH goes to Chelsea he'll become an even wealthier man but I suspect his career will atrophy as he will struggle to make an impact in an already crowded midfield. We have other midfield targets and Chelsea cannot buy them all, if we cannot get this deal done we'll move on.
spot on, my big worry is it’ll turn out like the kudus situation again, where we didn’t move on to anyone at all

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's not only us...they did it to Liverpool (twice) and Arsenal last summer.
It's like Todd has a Premier League finance cheat code and now can't stop using it. FFP? No problem we'll sell the car park to ourselves, or swap a youth team player with another iniquitous PL club and inflate their value. ****s

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
9-1 at SkyBet to sign for us.

Seems like a litte bit of value there as the favourite (Chelsea) may not be able to sign players in June due to PSR. The same reason Leicester would only sell in June.

Cheeky quid or two? Naylor keeps banging the drum for him.
And I was going to be so incredibly smug about this 👆🏻

Chelsea c***s

IMG_5141.jpeg

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
There was rumour late last season that Enzo Fernandez isn’t happy there, perhaps he wants out. Either way Chelsea are a bad joke. I wish nothing but bad things on that anti-football club.

They aren't letting him go to the Olympics with Argentina, so he's also unhappy about that now too.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
9-1 at SkyBet to sign for us.

Seems like a litte bit of value there as the favourite (Chelsea) may not be able to sign players in June due to PSR. The same reason Leicester would only sell in June.

Cheeky quid or two? Naylor keeps banging the drum for him.
Not denying that that seems good value, but PSR isn't going to stop Chelsea signing players in June. The charge on their accounts for a few days of amortisation of his value out of a 5 year contract will be a negligible cost.

Big Vern

Feb 28, 2024
Palace plucked Wharton from Championship obscurity, now he’s supposed to be the next coming, surely there’s others who can step up. The move to get a championship player would appear to be a fairly simple process, wages, no problem, clubs are generally less inclined to block the move, and the player desperate to play in the big time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Palace plucked Wharton from Championship obscurity, now he’s supposed to be the next coming, surely there’s others who can step up. The move to get a championship player would appear to be a fairly simple process, wages, no problem, clubs are generally less inclined to block the move, and the player desperate to play in the big time.

In a recent England friendly, Wharton was literally called “A once in a generation player”.

Joining; Rice, Caicedo, Bellingham, Palmer, Saka, Foden.

The world is speeding up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In a recent England friendly, Wharton was literally called “A once in a generation player”.

Joining; Rice, Caicedo, Bellingham, Palmer, Saka, Foden.

The world is speeding up.
Once in a generation for Crystal Palace fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here