Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I think the Ipswich bloke will hold on for the utd job...manchester, not west ham!
Edit
Thought I'd posted this, but new information means it's probably not a valid assumption anymore
Ah, well...the search and gossip goes on

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Let me rephrase it, we heavily put our eggs in one basket, that was a strong and sturdy basket, now the only baskets available are poor and weak, or one that let us down time and time again. This is a poor poor poor series of events no matter how you put it.
We always have a huge list we work our way through. Constantly scouring the world for the very best talent.
Just see how we replaced Moises and Mac.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm thinking that nothing is going to happen at Brighton until Man United decide what they are doing.
Tuchel, Poch, Frank, DeZerbi, Amorin, Potter, Michel are all currently floating around. They might not be coming to Brighton but the gaps they might create will affect other decisions and managerial placements.

I'm wondering if Poch didn't get the United job whether he might be an outside candidate for the Albion.
Particularly if he wanted to remain managing in the Premier League if he has family settled in England.
He would need to take a massive pay cut but it might not be as crazy as it sounds.
Don't think Tuchel or Poch would consider us.
Frank always seems to be a good guy (IMO and happy to be corrected) not sure his style would work here with current crop of players without a complete change of mind set
Potter , think its a big smoke screen
Not many people have mentioned Amorin , don't think he wants a move though especially to a club without a big history or pay cheque....

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The outperformed their xg by 17 goals - as you say that will be much harder in the PL, especially if one of the goalscorers isn't there.
Outperforming Xg is a sign that things will suddenly revert in the opposite direction until things get back to the norm. This seems like it might be a problem for Ipswich next season

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
One of the things I’ve always enjoyed about supporting Brighton, is that the club have tended to be fast learners.

As much as they have been unable to find a way to accommodate RDZ, this will have been their first experience of a properly ambitious coach, and they’ll learn from it.

It would be incredibly un-Brighton to go for a “big name”, and in some respects I’d be disappointed if that were the road we were to go down, but I trust the club’s decision making. What sort of big name did you have in mind?

Giannis Andrianopoulos is quite a big name.

Konstantinos Anyfantakis is another one.

I fear I’ve veered off into facetiousness, sorry. At the end of the day, the unknown is always tough, but I trust in the club to reach the right answer, and if negotiations take a while then it’s our job to simply wait longer.
I am interested to know a little more about this Juan Basquet fellow.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Pochettino just left Chelsea for much the same reason that RDZ left us. He wouldn't want to work with our model. Salary wouldn't come into it.
But they don't have the same model though - look at the money they've spent . I agree though i don't think he would consider coming here.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We always have a huge list we work our way through. Constantly scouring the world for the very best talent.
Just see how we replaced Moises and Mac.
given the development time that Alexis and Moises were afforded, Hinchelwood (19) and Baleba (20) have every chance of becoming a very respectable alternative.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I do agree with you in general but…..

The problem RDZ had offensively was that he was a bit of a one trick pony. Once the EPL had worked him out, plan B was very difficult to execute.

Potter would sometimes pull such weird and unpredictable formations, old school managers like Bruce could only scratch their heads and wonder what on earth the tactics were:

I recall the era where the two forwards would hug the touch line then come last minute for a through ball, loverly stuff

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is Marcelo Gallardo back in work yet? If not could he be a left field option?

I am not too bothered that we haven’t employed a young Ipswich manager who has no experience of any top flight management.
Still free after the Saudis gave him the tin.

Never coached in Europe. Would certainly be a wild card but might go down well with our South Americans?

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Hughton was sacked the very next morning after the last game of the season. That’s why it came as a shock to people because he kept us up.
I, too, was shocked at the decision. Hughton and the team had an awful time from January to May. I honestly thought that Chris would honourably resign because of those performances - not so, which shows how ruthless Tony Bloom can be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here