Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kieran McKenna

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was 10 days between Potter and De Zerbi, it has now been 10 days, it was 7 days between Hughton and Potter. I think the manager market is crap at the moment. I think we should go back to Roberto and see what he wants.
There are a lot of good coaches out there and there are also a lot of vacancies as teams lose coaches at the end of the season. As far as McKenna goes it looks like we missed the bus. Hopefully there'll be another two along shortly.

If we have to go into next season with Potter and one of the worst midfields in the league we can forget anything other than a battle. I'm sure TB and PBOBE know this.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
On McKenna, I'm not sure he was the Messiah that a lot of people think. A lot of Ipswich's wins last season seemed to come very late and to be inspired by Omari Hutchinson, who was a Chelsea loanee. They won't be able to rely on a repeat against better teams with more quality on the bench that can enable them to see games out.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Are you implying that apart from RDZ none of the Brighton managers/coaches were properly ambitious? Maybe your description should have been properly demonstrative. Anyway, as you’ve stated, let’s trust the club to come up with the right choice.

Not in the way RDZ was. It was clear from quite early on that he wasn’t messing around, due to the way he immediately removed from the squad any players who were messing around or not listening to their coach. I liked RDZ a lot, but he f***ed things for himself in his post-Roma frustration and the fact that he didn’t really try and pull us out of our slump until it became career threatening to him personally.

I’m not suggesting our other coaches lacked any ambition at all, nor am I suggesting that it’s necessarily a good thing to be ambitious at the expense of everything else, but while Poyet had a touch of this, RDZ was the real deal in terms of ambition.

However, once you’ve started losing games, then going out and telling the media that you’re doing the best you can with the squad the owner has given you, you’re on your way somewhere else. The “Mourinho” defence of “I must always speak my mind” is just bullshit I’m afraid. RDZ is either going to have to learn to consider his words, or will be a journeyman throughout his entire career.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
On McKenna, I'm not sure he was the Messiah that a lot of people think. A lot of Ipswich's wins last season seemed to come very late and to be inspired by Omari Hutchinson, who was a Chelsea loanee. They won't be able to rely on a repeat against better teams with more quality on the bench that can enable them to see games out.
Thanks for this.
It's so easy to get carried away with the social media hype.

I have found it astonishing that multiple Prem clubs have been in for 2 of the 3 promoted managers.
Surely there are better options available?

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022

The outperformed their xg by 17 goals - as you say that will be much harder in the PL, especially if one of the goalscorers isn't there.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm thinking that nothing is going to happen at Brighton until Man United decide what they are doing.
Tuchel, Poch, Frank, DeZerbi, Amorin, Potter, Michel are all currently floating around. They might not be coming to Brighton but the gaps they might create will affect other decisions and managerial placements.

I'm wondering if Poch didn't get the United job whether he might be an outside candidate for the Albion.
Particularly if he wanted to remain managing in the Premier League if he has family settled in England.
He would need to take a massive pay cut but it might not be as crazy as it sounds.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm thinking that nothing is going to happen at Brighton until Man United decide what they are doing.
Tuchel, Poch, Frank, DeZerbi, Amorin, Potter, Michel are all currently floating around. They might not be coming to Brighton but the gaps they might create will affect other decisions and managerial placements.

I'm wondering if Poch didn't get the United job whether he might be an outside candidate for the Albion.
Particularly if he wanted to remain managing in the Premier League if he has family settled in England.
He would need to take a massive pay cut but it might not be as crazy as it sounds.
Unlikely, but if perchance it did happen it would, delightfully, piss off a significant element of the Chelsea fan base!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the middle of the season when Potter replaced Hughton? I'm sure we weren't!
Hughton was sacked the very next morning after the last game of the season. That’s why it came as a shock to people because he kept us up.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Pochettino just left Chelsea for much the same reason that RDZ left us. He wouldn't want to work with our model. Salary wouldn't come into it.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS

Agreed. When players OR managers have made a fair amount of cash, and see a new challenge, a massive pay cut isn't necessarily such a big issue with the carrot of an interesting project to try and prove your abilities to change things (hopefully for the better!), or just to have some fun at a particular stage of their careers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here