Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ketamine

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
It never did me any harm although I am addicted to sugar lumps and carrots.

Be careful.....

'In 1974 one unfortunate English health advocate named Basil Brown consumed 10 gallons of carrot juice and took 10,000 times the recommended RDA of vitamin A in a period of 10 days. Those 10 days were the unfortunate man's undoing, his skin turned bright yellow and he died of severe liver damage, probably from the high intake of Vitamin A.'

Stick to the K...

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
you might have a right old laugh imagining your sofa is in fact a boat and you're tearing down white water rapids whilst another time you may very well come to the conclusion that the fabric of space, time and existence is unravelling before your very eyes as you become a conscious single beam of light with no power to do anything whatsoever.

Oh... thats what it was then.. and I thought it was the whisky....

Good post tho.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I heard it makes your voice CROKAY

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Be careful.....

'In 1974 one unfortunate English health advocate named Basil Brown consumed 10 gallons of carrot juice and took 10,000 times the recommended RDA of vitamin A in a period of 10 days. Those 10 days were the unfortunate man's undoing, his skin turned bright yellow and he died of severe liver damage, probably from the high intake of Vitamin A.'

Stick to the K...

I remember my parents telling me about this unfortunate bloke when I was a youngster. Apparently it was really big news at the time & they said everybody was rooting for him...

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Even too much water can cause death... from wiki... water intoxication.

Leah Betts died on November 16, 1995 as the result of drinking too much water, though in the media her death was initially attributed to taking an ecstasy ...

and from drugs bought from the local shop...

'overdosage of paracetamol is thought to cause about 100–200 deaths per year in England and Wales.'

Does not make the headlines tho...

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Dont like the trapped in a K-hole feeling when youve had too much. I have however flown around the Milky Way and seen Jupiter really up close. Stick to the bang bang.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Its such a shame that some of those boasting about taking this drug may not be with us in a few years.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
I can see the point from both sides.
I used to do ketamine very occasionally, maybe 5 times a year at most, but do it hard the days i did do it, and its f***ing amazing.
But an ex of mine her older brother got addicted to it, nearly died after overdosing and eventually had to have a bladder transplant.
I only stopped doing it after it reacted very badly with some antbiotics i was taking for tonsilitus and blacked out half an hour and spazzed out (supposidly)

With any drug if you take it recreationally i think its fine, its when you abuse it then things f*** up for you.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
arkan;4246167]
With any drug if you take it recreationally i think its fine, its when you abuse it then things f*** up for you.

And your medical qualifications are?

Nov 2, 2008
Running BN1
I heard it makes your voice CROKAY

Yeah it does, i remember one night i done strawberry flavoured and it felt like i was talking out my cheek. Best thing i have ever seen is 2 of my mates got a key out and thought it was the golden snitch and thought they were on nimbus 3000's chasing it while I was hiding in a bush.....acid is a next level mind

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I think this proves how stupid or naive some people are.

Why?

They use it in hospitals, where they make people better.

You could believe everything the Daily Mail tells you is true or you could do your own research.

It just so happens that I have spent much time studying recreational use of Ketamine, its effects on people and its addictive qualities.

You are suggesting that you know better than me but have not given any credentials to back this up. Perhaps you could explain to us what experience you have that qualifies you as some kind of authority on the matter?

I am by no means advocating its use, just detailing what I know about it having taken time to do my own research. You may not understand it or any of the reasons as to why it is a popular recreational drug but that doesn't make it inherently evil or dangerous. It is very irresponsible for people to mouth off about matters of which they've no understanding.

Perhaps consider revising your stance from "it kills people, you're all stupid" to "I don't understand it and don't care to learn".

If the Daily Mail told you our city was full of witches who needed to be burned at the stake, would you join in the witch hunt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here