Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
was shocking :eek: :nono:

all aspects of his game tonight were awful!

beaten for pace and in he air, his passing was rubbish dont think he cleared a ball without hitting one of there players! and when he was trying to clear it only to lump it up into space! the only good thing which he was involved in was the delightful free kick but that was made by cox's superb dummy run :lolol:

I dont see why rents wasnt given a chance to gain a bit more experience! :down:

anyone elses thoughts?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I thought he blew hot and cold - more cold than hot. He got a real blasting from Little Hinsh midway through the second half - not sure if you saw. Certainly lacking a bit.

I gave him a seven in the ratings as he made some crucial tackles and cleared off the line(?) In hindsight, a six would have been the max.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
i thought it was hinsh who cleared it off the line! yeah i saw hinsh give him a ear full he needed it! needs to step it up a bit or lynch/rents need to come in overwise we could start to have a few problems! he looks the weakest link by far didnt even look good enough to get in there eam tbh imo he plays best in the midfield playing the holding roll but with el abd there now theres no need for him

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mayo has been pants for a number of years, and this season he seems fatter and slower.

Barrel of Fun said:
I thought he blew hot and cold - more cold than hot. He got a real blasting from Little Hinsh midway through the second half - not sure if you saw. Certainly lacking a bit.

I gave him a seven in the ratings as he made some crucial tackles and cleared off the line(?) In hindsight, a six would have been the max.
I give this thread a 2

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
London Irish said:
I give this thread a 2

I don't think it is too criminal to discuss an individual, do you? I am sure Kerry will be the first to admit that he didn't have a great game. He had found some form of late and perhaps he was due a bad game.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I thought he was great. Good effort for the free-kick and looked very solid. Winger skinned him precisely zero times and he actually looked reasonably quick...GREAT effort Kerry!

Barrel of Fun said:
I am sure Kerry will be the first to admit that he didn't have a great game.
"Not great" covers a multitude of sins, though, it's often a euphamism for poor, do you mean that? I thought he had a pretty solid game, as did most of the people who have already voted in the player ratings, including you who gave him a higher mark than me! :D

Last edited:

Munkfish said:
i give you 5

seconds to shut up and f*** off :)

I've changed my mind - the thread gets a 1 now :drink:

I thought he had a particularly good first half ... from H Block, I don't often get to see him at close quarters, but tonight I was in the North Stand in front of the PA box. Mayo was solid enough with what little defending he had to do, and was delivering both long and short passes under pressure with enough skill easily to justify his selection.

Given the distance and the poor view from the lower seats in the North Stand, it was less easy to judge his second half performance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lord Bracknell said:
I thought he had a particularly good first half ... from H Block, I don't often get to see him at close quarters, but tonight I was in the North Stand in front of the PA box. Mayo was solid enough with what little defending he had to do, and was delivering both long and short passes under pressure with enough skill easily to justify his selection.

Given the distance and the poor view from the lower seats in the North Stand, it was less easy to judge his second half performance.

Obviously passing to the opponents, getting wrong side of the player, getting beat for pace and a suicidal back pass are part of being 'solid'?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
First half was certainly better than the second half. I think people should realise that Martin Allen made a sub and brought on a lad to play directly against kerry as a forward but on their far right hand side in the second half (thats what he seemed he was doing anyway).

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Tubthumper said:
Obviously passing to the opponents, getting wrong side of the player, getting beat for pace and a suicidal back pass are part of being 'solid'?

well said that man! :clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Munkfish said:
was shocking :eek: :nono:

all aspects of his game tonight were awful!

beaten for pace and in he air, his passing was rubbish dont think he cleared a ball without hitting one of there players! and when he was trying to clear it only to lump it up into space! the only good thing which he was involved in was the delightful free kick but that was made by cox's superb dummy run :lolol:

I dont see why rents wasnt given a chance to gain a bit more experience! :down:

anyone elses thoughts?
Sure, I've got some thoughts. I think you're wrong on just about every aspect of his performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here