Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Re: Re: Kerry Mayo

The Large One said:
Sure, I've got some thoughts. I think you're wrong on just about every aspect of his performance.

well spit them out then! dont be shy ???

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
i was at the game and he was f***ing shocking! so what did he do well!? ???

MK dons i like to point out are in the league below us and mayo was made to look stupid against them!

ill brake it down for you!

Did he get done for pace? T/F

Did mayo get forward and help out in the attacks down the left? T/F

Did Mayo make more than 5 clean passes all game? T/F

Was every clearnece hit high and down the line to know one T/F

Did he show any sort of intelligence when clearing the ball that the player infront of him was the smallest on the pitch and would proberly like the ball to his feet? T/F

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
remote-control-fishing-game.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
:lolol:

But im intrested! i want to no what h though his performance was like! :shootself

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re: Re: Re: Kerry Mayo

Munkfish said:
well spit them out then! dont be shy ???
Basically, it was as Lord Bracknell put it. Except I wasn't sitting in H Block.

I though Mayo looked very composed, sure and confident. Dean Cox supported him very well, and he supported Dean Cox very well. Yeah, he got beaten a couple of times, but then so did Whing, and where's the wholehearted, condemning slagging off of that fella?

His passing was usually pretty good, often found a Brighton player. Yeah some passes went astray or into touch, but then so did Whing's, and where's the wholehearted, condemning slagging off of that fella?

Personally, I am fed up to the back teeth of reading the excess bullshit on here about Kerry Mayo and his so-called deficiencies - especially at a time when everyone in the team is pulling their socks up, and working bloody hard to ensure that the likes of the Blackpool performance doesn't happen again. And Kerry Mayo is very much a part of that. Every single nuance and strain of Kerry's game is dissected on here in a way that other players' performances certainly aren't, and usually it's part of the pathetic, pre-meditated, pre-determined agenda to slag him off.

Granted, he is, of course, not the most skilfully talented of footballers, nor the most lad-like gobby, nor, it must be said, is he the most outwardly confident. But what he lacks in those areas, he makes up for in grit, determination, passion, commitment and loyalty - and no little skill when required. How many people who are so ready to run him down are that confident that they have the same amount of qualities as a fan to support him that he has as a player to support you?

For me, it's definitely no conicidence that Steve Gritt, Brian Horton, Micky Adams, Peter Taylor, Steve Coppell, Mark McGhee and now Dean Willkins have all seen something in him that make them want to pick him.

Personally, after 10 years of playing in the Albion's most uncertain times, I think the fella deserves a bit more respect.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Munkfish said:
Did he get done for pace? T/F
Rarely.

Munkfish said:
Did mayo get forward and help out in the attacks down the left? T/F
Quite a few times.

Munkfish said:
Did Mayo make more than 5 clean passes all game? T/F
Of course he did. More than went astray.

Munkfish said:
Was every clearnece hit high and down the line to know one T/F
Nope.

Munkfish said:
Did he show any sort of intelligence when clearing the ball that the player infront of him was the smallest on the pitch and would proberly like the ball to his feet? T/F
Yes. Several times.

He played well. Deal with it. I cannot help it if you come on here saying that you can't deal with it.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerry Mayo

The Large One said:

I though Mayo looked very composed, sure and confident. Dean Cox supported him very well, and he supported Dean Cox very well. Yeah, he got beaten a couple of times, but then so did Whing, and where's the wholehearted, condemning slagging off of that fella?

His passing was usually pretty good, often found a Brighton player. Yeah some passes went astray or into touch, but then so did Whing's, and where's the wholehearted, condemning slagging off of that fella?

Personally, I am fed up to the back teeth of reading the excess bullshit on here about Kerry Mayo and his so-called deficiencies - especially at a time when everyone in the team is pulling their socks up, and working bloody hard to ensure that the likes of the Blackpool performance doesn't happen again. And Kerry Mayo is very much a part of that. Every single nuance and strain of Kerry's game is dissected on here in a way that other players' performances certainly aren't, and usually it's part of the pathetic, pre-meditated, pre-determined agenda to slag him off.

Granted, he is, of course, not the most skilfully talented of footballers, nor the most lad-like gobby, nor, it must be said, is he the most outwardly confident. But what he lacks in those areas, he makes up for in grit, determination, passion, commitment and loyalty - and no little skill when required. How many people who are so ready to run him down are that confident that they have the same amount of qualities as a fan to support him that he has as a player to support you?

For me, it's definitely no conicidence that Steve Gritt, Brian Horton, Micky Adams, Peter Taylor, Steve Coppell, Mark McGhee and now Dean Willkins have all seen something in him that make them want to pick him.

Personally, after 10 years of playing in the Albion's most uncertain times, I think the fella deserves a bit more respect.

:bowdown:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

The Large One said:

What he said with nothing altered or removed.

Kerry'been an absolute rock for us over the years and a spot of bad form will pass.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
deal with it id rather not have to if he does well i would like you to bounce this thread! as i would hold my hands up and admit i was wrong but i cant see him in the squad without f***ing up or being made to look like a incompitent left back he is

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thouht that his performance, although not MOM, was adequate he did what he had to quite efficiently.

Would it not be better now to get off of his back and support him or better still offer some constructive critiscm. The man may not be the most skilful but he always gives 100% effort and how many times have people said Hart and Recvell should be in the side because of their commitment.

One good point in the first half when he kicked a dead certain goal off of the post and away to safety.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Munkfish said:
deal with it id rather not have to if he does well i would like you to bounce this thread! as i would hold my hands up and admit i was wrong but i cant see him in the squad without f***ing up or being made to look like a incompitent left back he is
I don't have to bounce this thread. He did play well last night, and I have no time for your pathetic, feeble agenda. I'll let you know when he has had a stinker, alright?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

The Large One said:

Absolutely spot on Al.

I've not seen him play as much this season as many of the people on here, but what I do know as an absolute FACT is that Kerry NEVER gives anything less than 100% for The Albion. He, along with ALL players, will have the occasional bad day at the office but he surely doesn't warrant the relentless slaughtering he gets from some people on here.

I understand all the 'I pay my money so I can say what I like' approach, but you have to draw the line at some of the utter BOLLOCKS that finds it's way onto threads like this.

For someone who is supposedly so SHIT, he's certainly found his way onto the pitch a fair few times this season.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
he may give 100% but the spastic whos last to be picked at school gave 100% doesnt mean hes any good!

He may of been playing for the last 10+ years in which he has had some good seasons div one with coppell when he was playing left wing back he was exellent BUT the point about rents why wasnt he given the chance!? to gain the exerience because he could be our left back for the next 10+ years and kerrys got the 2more at the most!

if we were to say bring in a player for arguments sake exactly the same as mayo i ashume you would all be happy that he was ahead of rents aswell?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I thought Mayo had a shocker last night, every time the ball got to him. He rushed his passes, when he had time to find a pass. When he was running back to defend, their winger out paced him by a country mile. I think Rents should of been given a chance last night.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerry Mayo

Hiney said:
Absolutely spot on Al.

I've not seen him play as much this season as many of the people on here, but what I do know as an absolute FACT is that Kerry NEVER gives anything less than 100% for The Albion. He, along with ALL players, will have the occasional bad day at the office but he surely doesn't warrant the relentless slaughtering he gets from some people on here.

I understand all the 'I pay my money so I can say what I like' approach, but you have to draw the line at some of the utter BOLLOCKS that finds it's way onto threads like this.

For someone who is supposedly so SHIT, he's certainly found his way onto the pitch a fair few times this season.

im not botherd about my money in the slightest but and my opion take it or leave it im not really fussed! im just saying what i feel.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kerry Mayo

Munkfish said:
m just saying what i feel.

Likewise dear boy!

I'm sure there are loads of valid footballing reasons for Kerry being in the team ahead of Sam Rents.

What we all DON'T see is what happens on a day to day basis on the training pitch.

Maybe Kerry comes in every day and demonstrates that he's worth a place ahead of someone else

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
i think thats the best comment which has been made good point, i dont think rents is going to be streets ahead but mayo isnt that great to have in the team and i would thought would be worth the risk or even have lynch at left back with shooting like that he should be the first name on the team sheet :lolol:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Munkfish said:
he may give 100% but the spastic whos last to be picked at school gave 100% doesnt mean hes any good!

But that's the whole point, he IS good. How do think he's stayed earning a living playing professional football for so long?

I'd rather have Kerry Mayo on the pitch than a lazy FUCKER who can't be bothered to run around and work hard for the good of the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here