Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo appreciation thread

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lost his meal ticket, shame, hardly a job turning up playing for the stiffs. Should have gone 399 games ago. In the big world now unless his friend can find a coaching job at the college.

Not a LEGEND.

Good to see the club moving in the right way for a change and not being a charity for sub standard players

Once a f***ing wanking arsehole, always a f***ing wanking arsehole.

A positive influence if it were only for his EXAMPLE he set to the other players;
Training hard through the years without faltering, always turning up regardless of playing or not, interest in the fortune of the club, and the team on matchdays, never throwing hissy-fits when not picked, always amenable whenever encountered at the ground, has time for others and does not carry an attitude.

Can anyone tell me what's not to like about Kerry as a person or as a professional man??

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Absolute legend

Thanks Kerry for all the years of dedicated service to the Albion cause.
Your place in the Falmer Hall of Fame is assured.

More like you and we wouldnt have got into this mess.

The very best of luck wherever fate takes you. You can still hack it mate and I hope you have several more years down that left wing.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Thanks for all the memories Kerry. Good luck for the future.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I would like to thank Kerry for his contributions to the club over the last 14 years.

And as for the negative comments, everyones entitled to an opinion, but being downright rude is just not necessary.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Maybe a season too late but a fair few said that about OGH and without him...

400 games for The Albion and a solid, no nonsense, kept his mouth shut pro.

Must be up there in the all-time appearance list for the club - so any bad-mouthing of him on the day of his release is just a limp-dick cheap shot.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Radio Sussex described him as the club servant.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
We did this last year.

He should never have then been allowed to play the old pals act.

I'll finally believe The Ginger Slug has gone for good when there's been no reports of him sniffing around the training ground and being 'invited to train' over the Summer.

Sorry, but Mayo should just f*** off. FOREVER.

Made me laugh out loud, just because of how utterly ridiculous this comment is!

Well done Kerry, a true legend of the blue and white. I hope that you find success in whatever you do next.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Thanks for all the effort mayo. Deserve all you achieved. You are an Albion Legend and dont let some idiots on here let you think otherwise

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All the very best for the future Kerry and thanks for everything you've done for the club over the years.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Good luck to him. Granted went a season or two too far (which you can't blame him for) but fine servant.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No they are being utter wankers, if they dont rescpect a player who has given 14 years to this club then well...:shrug:

...and I suspect they would have been first in the queue to shake hands, and have their picture taken, with Peter Ward during his recent visit...a man who didn't play anything like as many games for the Albion before taking a big money move to Forest, yet he is about as big a legend as we have!

...football is a funny old game, yet some who follow it are about as amusing as the plague!

All hail the ginger prince!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Once a f***ing wanking arsehole, always a f***ing wanking arsehole.

Firstly you do not know me secondly I am not a frequent poster on touchy subjects. No one has ever called me anything before and just that I post something you do not like you abuse me.

The point I was making is here is someone who has been at the club a long time who has never really made the grade imho and who has most probably taken wages in excess of £500 000 in that period. He has not technically lost his job but his contract has run its course.

As has been mentioned on many threads today do not forget this squad of players narrowly missed relegation to the lowest division and its good to see a new broom sweeping away the under achievers. Sentiment plays no part in a successful sporting teams. This club has acted like a charity to some players and that is not healthy or to the betterment of the club.

I truly hope all those going find alternative employment but life goes on. I'm sorry if I've offended.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Thanks for everything Kerry and good luck for the future. :clap::clap:

And for all the people who knock him just remember you dont get to play 400 games for one club under all the managers we've had unless you've got something about you.

Good luck, Kerry ... Albion to the core and a very decent player on his day.

Does no-one remember him being the Club's top scorer in 1997/98 ... and runner-up to Danny Cullip as Player of the Year in 2003?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here