Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo appreciation thread

CC2

Nov 9, 2008
Thanks Kerry from one of your away kit sponsorship mob...

I remember seeing Kerry playing in a pre-season friendly in what looked like a recreation ground in Eastbourne and thinking this lad might play regularly for us. Well 400 games later he proved me right!!!

And to emphasis Mr Blobby's point above, yes there were other offers, but Kerry stayed loyal.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lost his meal ticket, shame, hardly a job turning up playing for the stiffs. Should have gone 399 games ago. In the big world now unless his friend can find a coaching job at the college.

Not a LEGEND.

Good to see the club moving in the right way for a change and not being a charity for sub standard players

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
double post!!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The negative comments on this thread are an embarrasement.

Word.

I very much doubt any other club would have this much vitriol towards a player who had played 400 games for them.

Absolute disgrace.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
We did this last year.

He should never have then been allowed to play the old pals act.

I'll finally believe The Ginger Slug has gone for good when there's been no reports of him sniffing around the training ground and being 'invited to train' over the Summer.

Sorry, but Mayo should just f*** off. FOREVER.

Bit late to this thread, but I'd just like to say OH MY GOD THAT'S THE STUPIDEST THING I'VE READ FOR A VERY, VERY LONG TIME. The man bleeds blue and white and, on the few occasions called on, never gave less than 100%. He's been dropped, played out of position, and released by this club, but has never complained and has been a model pro.

I sometimes wonder why people turn up to games at all, when they seem to hold our own players in such disdain - are you this negative in the stadia Tom, yelling at Mayo to 'f*** off FOREVER' while he was on the ball perhaps?

Edit: just read some of the others now too, eg Walt Jabasco's. FFS. Were the world an autocracy with me in charge, those comments would be moved to their own thread, consigned to 'Childish Ramblings' and forgotten promptly. How long have the people writing them even been watching this team? For as long as Kerry's played for us? Somehow, I doubt it.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
We did this last year.

I'll finally believe The Ginger Slug has gone for good when there's been no reports of him sniffing around the training ground and being 'invited to train' over the Summer.

Time of the Month Tom ? Personally thank you Kerry, you do deserve the word 'Legend' at the mention of your name. Good luck to you sir.

Who can forget his goal against Derby ? One of Albion's better moments.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Keery Mayo: Albion LEGEND and absolutely top bloke :drink:

So bollocks to the idiots that think it's ok to have a go. It's an APPRECIATION thread, if you don't like it. PISS OFF x

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I can understand the negative comments, because I too haven't been a Mayo fan for the last 2 or 3 years. But before that he was a decent player and part of the most successful Brighton squad for 20 odd years. That alone is a worthy achievement. And as much as I haven't been happy at him being kept on for the last couple of years, it really is the club's fault and not his. Maybe you could accuse him of a lack of ambition at not moving on when he obviously should have, but that debate has been and gone, and I think on a day when a guy loses his job you have to applaud the several good years he did give us instead of berate him for the disappointing final two.

Good GRIEF - are you ILL?

Seriously........

Kerry Mayo is a top, top bloke and has been a great player for our club. A couple of the comments on this thread are ridiculously harsh.

I hope he gets something sorted out.

:thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The negative comments on this thread are an embarrasement.

or perhaps to put it another way.....the idiots with little knowledge of the club's history beyond the last few years and seemingly less understanding of the game, are an embarrassment.

I've watched Kerry on and off throughout his career. He has been a hardworking and loyal servant with more skill than many give credit for and a good tactical appreciation borne of his experience. The extra year didn't work for him in the way it did for Harty but nonetheless he has earned respect and good wishes. I hope he finds a new club and plays on for a few years yet.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Good luck Kerry. Fantastic servant to the club. As has been said not much loyalty in football these days, and Kerry has been a dependable player for the club under countless managers.

If he doesn't decide to retire I'm sure he would be able to find another League club.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
We did this last year.

:tosser:

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Kerry..you have been a great servant to the club and i wish you all the best. you were always on hand if needed and provided some reliability and loyalty to the club. you will be missed

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
If we let go players who aren't up to it, for most of the 40+ years we would have had precious few players on the staff.

Kezza has been an absolutley fantastic servant to the club and a model professional - never heard of him complaining about anything, kept his head down and worked his way back into contention when new managers discarded him. Ina-gadda-da-vida from one of your away kit sponsors for the past goodness knows how many years and all the best for the future.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Never gifted as a outstanding player but did what was asked when asked and for 14 seasons as loyal and dedicated to a team as you will find,and no doubt will be in the stands supporting the team,to villify the guy because he was offered another extension is frankly rather odd.

Good luck kerry and all the best :thumbsup:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Thanks Kerry! Fill your boots for the future...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here