Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo appreciation thread

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Funny you should say that. I've been desperately trying to avoid using the words 'Can We Please Drive A Stake Through His Ginger Heart To Ensure The Undead Does Not Return At Left Back To Plague Us Further'. But have held back from using it. Obviously.

Shouldn't you be venting your obvious anger at the management/directors who gave him the contract last year rather than Kerry.

He was hardly going to say "sorry I'm not good enough anymore"

Are we not the club he supported as a kid standing in the North Stand like many of us on here, still I surpose thats no different from some of the children fighting on here at times.

:shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Not been good enough for a LONG old time, but he's always put in 100% effort for the cause and shown commitment we didn't always see from certain others. It's a shame he's gone, but if we want to improve as a club then we have to clear out the players who aren't up to it. Kerry's not alone in that though...

All the best for the future, I should think he'll find a club in league 2 next season, and I wish him all the best. :thumbsup:

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I don't wish the guy HARM or anything but Brighton Legend? Come off it.

He somehow found himself playing professional football. Good luck to him. He stayed here for years. Again, nice one Kerry. But did any other club ever seriously TEST his loyalty? No. And did he always keep himself in great shape and perform well on the pitch? No.

Good luck and all that but lets not go over the top on this.

Sorry, but you don't just 'find' yourself playing over 400 games for a club.

Kerry Mayo= Albion LEGEND

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If Mayo was as good as some of these comments suggest he would have played 600 games!

I cannot remember a time when I honestly considered him worthy of a starting place.

These plaudits are quite frankly LAUGHABLE.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Being happy to sit in the reserves plodding through games more than a few pounds overweight and merrily picking up your wages does NOT a legend make.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He merely played 400+ games of professional football than all of us combined, so let's BURN him with all our collective knowledge, experience and qualifications in the game.

If you can't say anything nice, say nothing. The bloke has lost his job, if people were queueing up to tell THPP to f*** off if he lost his job I would think they are wankers too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He merely played 400+ games of professional football than all of us combined, so let's BURN him with all our collective knowledge, experience and qualifications in the game.

If you can't say anything nice, say nothing. The bloke has lost his job, if people were queueing up to tell THPP to f*** off if he lost his job I would think they are wankers too.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
If Mayo was as good as some of these comments suggest he would have played 600 games!

I cannot remember a time when I honestly considered him worthy of a starting place.

These plaudits are quite frankly LAUGHABLE.

Mayo's best spell for me was in the back five under Coppell. He was easily worth his place then.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Thanks for everything kerry, a true servant and I for one with him well for the future

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

maybe I mis-read your posts then

Sorry, but Mayo should just f*** off. FOREVER.

Funny you should say that. I've been desperately trying to avoid using the words 'Can We Please Drive A Stake Through His Ginger Heart To Ensure The Undead Does Not Return At Left Back To Plague Us Further'. But have held back from using it. Obviously.

Would you like that in the original German?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
if people were queueing up to tell THPP to f*** off if he lost his job I would think they are wankers too.
They're making TRAMPS redundant now too?! Blimey. Times are tougher than I thought.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Being happy to sit in the reserves plodding through games more than a few pounds overweight and merrily picking up your wages does NOT a legend make.

Now your just being ridiculous. The bloke played over 400 games for the club: even if you didn't particularly rate him as a player you have to agree that he's doing something right there? He gave his all every match he played (including deputising brilliantly for richards last season) and for me that makes him a legend.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
We did this last year.

He should never have then been allowed to play the old pals act.

I'll finally believe The Ginger Slug has gone for good when there's been no reports of him sniffing around the training ground and being 'invited to train' over the Summer.

Sorry, but Mayo should just f*** off. FOREVER.

Wan*er, you are a total wan*er! Still when you lose your job I'll come round and celebrate it with Kerry.

A loyal servant (and yes he did turn down at least one offer a couple of years back as was loyal to the Albion) and a legend. Any player that makes 400+ appearances deserves some respect.

What he said (twice!)

Good luck Kerry, whatever you do

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

If you can't say anything nice, say nothing. The bloke has lost his job.

Fair enough, but he lost his job about this time last year also. Only he hustled about a bit, sweet-talked Micky Adams and wangled yet another contract. What on earth did he do for us last season to warrant that extension?

Sorry, but I refuse to believe Mayo has finally gone for good til the club take out an ASBO on the bloke. Jeez!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here