Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo appreciation thread

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
After 14 years and over 400 games Kerry Mayo says his final goodbyes to the Albion squad. Kerry has been an unbelievable servant to this club and will go down as legend for his loyaltly and years of committed performences to this club, many of which have seen him recognised by countless managers as a reliable and intelligent full-back.

Thank you Kerry Mayo. Brighton and Hove Albion Legend. :clap:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Indeed, the last connection to the Goldstone Ground still at the club I think

There isnt much loyalty in the game much these days, and Mayo showed that. Everything comes to an end sometime, and this is it.

The way things are going Knight will find something for him to do at the club with our old boyz gang - Player, Coach, Assistant Manager, Community Officer, Press Officer, Chief Steward, Dinner Lady, Dietician, Physio, Club Doctor, or some other made up nonsense that means we still keep our ginger prince

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We did this last year.

He should never have then been allowed to play the old pals act.

I'll finally believe The Ginger Slug has gone for good when there's been no reports of him sniffing around the training ground and being 'invited to train' over the Summer.

Sorry, but Mayo should just f*** off. FOREVER.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We did this last year.

I'll finally believe The Ginger Slug has gone for good when there's been no reports of him sniffing around the training ground and being 'invited to train' over the Summer.

Strange little chap. Out of interest, do you also wish that he was dead, or do you just wish that upon children?

Well done Kerry. Terrific servant of the club and sure to find a role within it going forward. One of my absolute favourite players.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hmmm

I appreciate the fact that he has gone.

I suspect he appreciates the fact he has been paid for so many years despite clearly not being up to it.

Please Dick, don't dish out another jobs for the boys backroom role.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
We did this last year.

Completely unwarranted.

As far as I'm concerned, he should always be made welcome by the club in the future - special guest at first Falmer match? Mayo did his bit on and off the pitch to show that playing for the Albion was important to him.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think he definately is worth recognition, as far as people like me are concern (I am 24) he has been at the club forever and that is one heack of an achievement!

Whether we thought he was worth his place or not, Kerry still gets a big clap from me for his input over the years :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Strange little chap. Out of interest, do you also wish that he was dead, or do you just wish that upon children?

Funny you should say that. I've been desperately trying to avoid using the words 'Can We Please Drive A Stake Through His Ginger Heart To Ensure The Undead Does Not Return At Left Back To Plague Us Further'. But have held back from using it. Obviously.

Would you like that in the original German?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We did this last year.

Bollocks. That's a shit sentiment and totally uncalled for.

It's not the issue that he may or may not have stayed a year longer than he should have. The issue is he has served this club well, and fully deserves any plaudits he gets.

He has never cheated or conned the club, served countless managers well, especially at times when he could have gone up a division to other clubs, and always done what anyone could have asked of him - his best. Whether his best was good enough is another debate for another thread for another time.

Cheers, Kerry. All the best at your new place. :clap:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Best wishes Kerry,a great servant of the Seagulls....hope you get fixed up with whatever you wish to do now.
Good Luck.:clap:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't wish the guy HARM or anything but Brighton Legend? Come off it.

He somehow found himself playing professional football. Good luck to him. He stayed here for years. Again, nice one Kerry. But did any other club ever seriously TEST his loyalty? No. And did he always keep himself in great shape and perform well on the pitch? No.

Good luck and all that but lets not go over the top on this.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Kerry Mayo. Never ever let us down.

He will always be remembered by me as a player you could rely on when the chips were down, and I am fully confident that when he appears in miscellaneous testimonials in the future he will get a big reception from those who saw him play.

Thanks Ginger Prince. :ascarf:

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Good luck to him. He's been a great servant over the years and always gave 110% for the club.

Cheers Kerry - we'll see you in the stands from now on... (Maybe DK will give you a complementary life-long season ticket??)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here