Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenny Jackett

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Just catching up with this Tanko guy. Is this a wind up?

Ghanian ex international with a history of drug taking and no coaching experience apart from 18 months as ASSISTANT reserve team coach for some German team. You couldn't make it up, so I'm assuming it's nailed on!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just catching up with this Tanko guy. Is this a wind up?

Ghanian ex international with a history of drug taking and no coaching experience apart from 18 months as reserve team coach for some German team. You couldnlt make it up, so I'm assuming it's nailed on!

As ever with these things, it may or may not come to fruition, but it's no wind up. Definite interest.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I also saw that Tanko has emerged from left field.

Also the Swansea "style" all started with Jackett...lets not forget that.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Jackett would have a very good chance of getting Wolves or Sheffield United promoted from League One to the Championship next season were he appointed as manager in either of those places. I'd be less convinced he'd have the ability/skills set needed to get Brighton promoted from the Championship to the Premier League, which is now the objective for the club.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Must admit I never even considered KJ as a replacement. You can't knock him too hard, he's an efficient manager who could do well...I wouldn't be overly disappointed if he came here...not that I'd be overly excited either

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Bra;5727210 I know someone has likened poyet to a cheating girlfriend. If that is so just because you current beautiful girlfriend was unfaithful should you restrict you next choice to the middle aged slightly overweight girl that is okay to look at just because she will definately not cheat on you and her sunday roast is okay. That may lead to a quiet life but it will sure lack excitment.[/QUOTE said:
I don't know. She'll be grateful and great in bed. Not sure where that leaves us 😗

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Looks like Millwall might be about to make an interesting, leftfield appointment as Jackett's replacement. Markus Babbel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2329514/Markus-Babbel-set-named-Millwall-boss.html?ico=sport^headlines

He got Stuttgart into the Champions League a few years ago.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
I am going to nail my colours to the mast and say I would be disappointed if jackett were the next manager here. As it stands we are a club that finished 4th in the table a couple of wins away from automatic promotion and lost in the play offs. The only statement we have been hearing about budgets for next year have come from poyet and lets be fair he has been moaning about this from day one, so financed permitting we are a couple of signings away from going one better than last year. We have a multi national squad with both ex la liga and premiership players such as bruno and pig who joined to try to take us up not to steady the ship and this is where I see someone like Jackett. I accept that we have the same scounting network as when poyet was here but could jackett persuade an ulloa of this world to play here? We should aim higher.

I know someone has likened poyet to a cheating girlfriend. If that is so just because you current beautiful
girlfriend was unfaithful should you restrict you next choice to the middle aged slightly overweight girl that is okay to look at just because she will definately not cheat on you and her sunday roast is okay. That may lead to a quiet life but it will sure lack excitment.

This. The simple fact about jackett is that he was sacked by millwall. A team that finished 4th and were fighting fir promotion should not (and will not) be appointing a manager who was sacked by team who finished just above the relegation zone. But im confident that TB and co have far too much ambition to plump for someone like jackett.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't think Jackett was sacked by Millwall. He resigned.

You're correct. He was basically disillusioned that the club couldn't fund a striker after Wood let them down and Henderson left. Unlike Gus didn't make a song and dance over it - just made an honourable exit.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I don't think Jackett was sacked by Millwall. He resigned.

Oi! How VERY dare you suggest that the truth should ever get in the way of an opinion that's clearly bollox. I've never been so insulted (by proxy) in my life. :glare:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here