Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim Kazim as a little WHINGE

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Times

Colin Kazim-Richards has criticised Germany for failing to put the ball out of play in the build up to Philipp Lahm's winning goal in the semi-final of Euro 2008 last night.

The Turkey forward claims Germany failed to adhere to the spirit of the game when they chose to continue to play after he had gone down injured. With a minute of the match remaining, Lahm cut inside Kazim, forcing the Turkey midfield player to turn an ankle - so sharp was his change of direction - before exchanging passes with Thomas Hitzlsperger and lifting a shot over the diving Rüstü Reçber.

However, Kazim believes Germany should stopped the game so he could receive attention. "I personally think they [Germany] will be a little bit upset with the goal that won the game for them," Kazim said. "This whole tournament has been based around fair play and I think you saw that we did it [put the ball out] a couple of times, we've done it throughout the tournament.

"Although I can't say that if I was in the same position I would have done the same thing, but it would've needed to be more like a screamer - he [Lahm] had to make a pass before scoring, so it's a bit upsetting.

"I'm not the sort of guy to stay down if it's not something serious, I got subbed off and would've played on if I was all right."

:rolleyes:
Yeah right Col.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
To be fair Turkey did it quite a few times last night, and throughout the tournament it has been done. I don't think anyone would have in that situation though, which is a shame since Turkey were much, much better than Germany and didn't get anything like what their performance deserved.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
right, so Kazim wasn't up to the task and was left standing, so fell over hoping to mitigate this. didnt work that way so is now crying about it not being in the spirit of the game. right.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
The Times

"Although I can't say that if I was in the same position I would have done the same thing, but it would've needed to be more like a screamer - he [Lahm] had to make a pass before scoring, so it's a bit upsetting.

"I'm not the sort of guy to stay down if it's not something serious, I got subbed off and would've played on if I was all right."

:rolleyes:
Yeah right Col.

Sums him up. Whinges about Germany and confesses that he might (wouldn't) of done the same thing. One rule for them, one rule for everybody else. Not to mention, is incredibly thick!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Christ, what a gobby arrogant little TWAT that fat kid is. And a far worse loser than his infinitely more dignified team-mates and manager, seemingly.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a tool, you can't complain about it and then say you'd have done the same in their position.

"I think Germany will be a little upset with the goal": yeah right! There's only one team a little upset right now and they're not wearing lederhosen.

Granted, Turkey played well last night, but equally they've been extremely fortunate in several games so far, and can't complain they haven't had fortune on their side.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
The goal came almost immediately after he went down. No one kicks the ball out immediately after a player goes down so they had a right to play on.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
He went over as play raced past him towards goal - the ball was already gone before he hit the turf. What did he expect, Germany to stop, turn round to see if he was going to be injured or not, then put the ball out when he did go down?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Perhaps ther Germans looked at him and thought - oh not to worry it's only that arrogant jumped-up little gnat who has actually contributed sod all in his football career other than postulate, expound and whine.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
What a tool, you can't complain about it and then say you'd have done the same in their position.

"I think Germany will be a little upset with the goal": yeah right! There's only one team a little upset right now and they're not wearing lederhosen.

Granted, Turkey played well last night, but equally they've been extremely fortunate in several games so far, and can't complain they haven't had fortune on their side.

Exactly, was about to say a similar thing myself.

How many times have they not been the better side, but got a late goal and gone through.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He went over as play raced past him towards goal - the ball was already gone before he hit the turf. What did he expect, Germany to stop, turn round to see if he was going to be injured or not, then put the ball out when he did go down?

I think you're forgetting that the game centred on and was all about the legend that is Kazim Kazim. Not only was it unsporting of the Germans to carry on playing whilst this living legend was on the floor nursing a sore ankle, it was downright DISRESPECTFUL to go and score a winning goal in the last minute. I mean what on EARTH was Lahm thinking ? He should be banned from the Final for starters.

I'm giving up on Euro 2008 now anyway. Whats the point now that He is no longer involved.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nothing in the rules of the game states that the ball must be kicked out for in injured player.

Treatment should generally be given off the pitch, or on it with the consent of the referee, who has the discretion to decide whether an injury appears severe enough to stop a game.

The last World Cup was RUINED by teams constantly kicking the ball out and stopping play, which only encourages players to swan-dive to the turf and roll around clutching non-specific body parts when their team is under a bit of pressure.

It drove me mad. I thought referees were under instruction from FIFA to play on unless it was obvious a player was in real trouble (and you can usually tell, as somebody with a genuine problem does not do seven eskimo rolls across the pitch, waving his arms as he goes).

Years ago, it was a rare sporting gesture when a team kicked the ball out to allow an opponent to receive treatment. Now it's utterly abused by players and become a form of gamesmanship.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he comes back to play in the English leagues will he change his name to Colin Kazim Kazim Richards ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The last World Cup was RUINED by teams constantly kicking the ball out and stopping play, which only encourages players to swan-dive to the turf and roll around clutching non-specific body parts when their team is under a bit of pressure.

The thing is Edna, I think half the time they were doing it so they could have another "water break". Bloke goes down rolling around, the player in possession thinks "oooh, I'm a bit hot and could do with a drink, thunk I'll just welly it out of play". Cue another 2-3 minute break with players standing around swigging water for all they're worth about 10 minutes into the game.

Shizer.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
maybe the Germans remembered how easy he fell over in the box in the 1st half when a defendered dared to invade his space

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here