Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim Kazim as a little WHINGE

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The Times

Colin Kazim-Richards has criticised Germany for failing to put the ball out of play in the build up to Philipp Lahm's winning goal in the semi-final of Euro 2008 last night.

The Turkey forward claims Germany failed to adhere to the spirit of the game when they chose to continue to play after he had gone down injured. With a minute of the match remaining, Lahm cut inside Kazim, forcing the Turkey midfield player to turn an ankle - so sharp was his change of direction - before exchanging passes with Thomas Hitzlsperger and lifting a shot over the diving Rüstü Reçber.

However, Kazim believes Germany should stopped the game so he could receive attention. "I personally think they [Germany] will be a little bit upset with the goal that won the game for them," Kazim said. "This whole tournament has been based around fair play and I think you saw that we did it [put the ball out] a couple of times, we've done it throughout the tournament.

"Although I can't say that if I was in the same position I would have done the same thing, but it would've needed to be more like a screamer - he [Lahm] had to make a pass before scoring, so it's a bit upsetting.

"I'm not the sort of guy to stay down if it's not something serious, I got subbed off and would've played on if I was all right."

:rolleyes:
Yeah right Col.

_41271119_iwelumo203.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Times

Colin Kazim-Richards has criticised Germany for failing to put the ball out of play in the build up to Philipp Lahm's winning goal in the semi-final of Euro 2008 last night.

The Turkey forward claims Germany failed to adhere to the spirit of the game when they chose to continue to play after he had gone down injured. With a minute of the match remaining, Lahm cut inside Kazim, forcing the Turkey midfield player to turn an ankle - so sharp was his change of direction - before exchanging passes with Thomas Hitzlsperger and lifting a shot over the diving Rüstü Reçber.

However, Kazim believes Germany should stopped the game so he could receive attention. "I personally think they [Germany] will be a little bit upset with the goal that won the game for them," Kazim said. "This whole tournament has been based around fair play and I think you saw that we did it [put the ball out] a couple of times, we've done it throughout the tournament.

"Although I can't say that if I was in the same position I would have done the same thing, but it would've needed to be more like a screamer - he [Lahm] had to make a pass before scoring, so it's a bit upsetting.

"I'm not the sort of guy to stay down if it's not something serious, I got subbed off and would've played on if I was all right."

:rolleyes:
Yeah right Col.

:lol: Bless.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
He was on his arse with his arms outstretched still looking for a foul when the Albion were scored against on a few occasions as I remember and generally after he had lost the ball.

Say what you will though he is one of the few players to leave the Albion and go onto much much better things, to keep whinging about him 2 years on is pretty sad imo.

Also have to agree is nice to see an ex Albion player in the latter rounds of a Major Tournament. Was delighted when he scored the winner against Chelsea last season.

But the Germans did kick the ball off the field, straight after he went down like a sack of spuds.

Only problem was that the Turkish keeper didn't stop it as it flew past him into the net

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here