Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justice for the 96!

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
What would you like to know?

I am a north stand season ticket holder, i was told about this site when sat watching Brighton v Sunderland and have only recently been loggin on and reading the posts.

I registered today and yes Liverpool are my favourite premier league team but I am not asking anybody to support them, far from it, i will be wearing my blue and white shirt and getting behind my team!

I have been to Albion games from when they played at the Goldstone but as i played football myself on saturdays never had a season ticket.

Now that i dont play anymore and i am more financially stable than i was in my younger years i have the pleasure in watching Albion week in week out.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Does anyone consider justice for the 39 Italian families?

The Italian families have received no justice, no enquiries, and only a handful of convictions (even then mostly suspended and all from Merseyside). That isn't to say that the Liverpool fans that night were solely to blame, but there is less information on what went wrong at Heysel than at Hillsborough. UEFA's decision to pick the almost derelict stadium, insufficient ticketing checks, ineffective policing and stewarding. How were a minority of Liverpool fans allowed to charge 3 times at Juve fans within the same end?

But Heysel never get's mentioned, and it should, it is an untold unfinished story that we have swept under the carpet as it is unsavoury to confront. Hillsborough is all about the culpability of the authorities, there is someone to blame, and after the government putting the blame of Heysel solely at the door of LFC, the tables are turned. For the families I have every sympathy, and needing to know exactly what happened is no doubt closure they require. But, if Liverpool and it's community really want justice, then a campaign to reveal the truth behind both tragedies should be sort in equal measure.

Nadger

Sep 4, 2003
Brighton
Spadge is this you ? Plastic dipper IMHO :)

Attachments

• 3krlg.jpg
    3krlg.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 226

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well this is the key question. I am entirely in support of the Plymouth "Go Green" campaign, for the reason that it will bring attention to their plight, which may in turn make a difference. People will suddenly be aware who weren't aware before.

What is singing about Hillsborough tonight designed to achieve? If it's designed to increase the voice on national TV, bring more attention to it and make it impossible for the government to refuse to release the files, then great - let's all stand together (as Paul McCartney would say).

If it's to start a debate/argument about it, then I'm not interested tonight, tbh.

This entirely. I could not be less interested in 'raising awareness' for the J96 campaign.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Basically just to clear it up all i am asking is the following:

Firstly i am not asking anybody to support Liverpool tonight, get behind the Albion and cheers us on to victory.

If Liverpool fans sing "Justice for the 96!" will we sing along to help have the voices heard

Going to a football match, losing a son and daughter and being told they were crush in my eyes in not good enough, they deserve a full and transparent enquiry to give the families answers they deserve and let them move on.

Are we prepared to help the voices be heard or do we just sit there in silence?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Firstly i am not asking anybody to support Liverpool tonight, get behind the Albion and cheers us on to victory.

If Liverpool fans sing "Justice for the 96!" will we sing along to help have the voices heard

Going to a football match, losing a son and daughter and being told they were crush in my eyes in not good enough, they deserve a full and transparent enquiry to give the families answers they deserve and let them move on.

If they want to sing it, good luck to them. I won't be joining them. They've got the commons debate they wanted. Time to calm down, and see what that brings. If that brings nothing new (which it won't) then its time to let the whole thing lie. The constant raking over the same old coals is damaging and unhealthy.

Does anyone consider justice for the 39 Italian families?

The Italian families have received no justice, no enquiries, and only a handful of convictions (even then mostly suspended and all from Merseyside). That isn't to say that the Liverpool fans that night were solely to blame, but there is less information on what went wrong at Heysel than at Hillsborough. UEFA's decision to pick the almost derelict stadium, insufficient ticketing checks, ineffective policing and stewarding. How were a minority of Liverpool fans allowed to charge 3 times at Juve fans within the same end?

But Heysel never get's mentioned, and it should, it is an untold unfinished story that we have swept under the carpet as it is unsavoury to confront. Hillsborough is all about the culpability of the authorities, there is someone to blame, and after the government putting the blame of Heysel solely at the door of LFC, the tables are turned. For the families I have every sympathy, and needing to know exactly what happened is no doubt closure they require. But, if Liverpool and it's community really want justice, then a campaign to reveal the truth behind both tragedies should be sort in equal measure.

I have every sympathy for the families of those that died at Hillsborogh on what I recall as one of the saddest days of my life, but I also agree with what has been written here

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You're lecturing people - the wrong way in my opinion - on how to support a (worthy) cause.

Please don't do that.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I am a north stand season ticket holder, i was told about this site when sat watching Brighton v Sunderland and have only recently been loggin on and reading the posts.

Now I know the whole world doesnt revolve around NSC, but you are a north stand STH (clearly with access to a computer/the internet), and only found out about NSC 4weeks ago?!

From where I sit, you seem to have a much, much greater interest in Liverpool than your "own" club Spadge and as for your comments on not wanting to help in Plymouth's current plight!!!

Come on Spadge, admit it. You are a Scouser or at least Liverpool worshipper who happens to live in Brighton and will struggle to contain yourself IF the mighty Reds score tonight!.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Why is there a need to blame anyone? Mistakes were made (by the police, the fans, and the stadium staff), lessons have been learnt.

Yes, it's tragic people have died, but from adversity come a lot of changes to football that has made it the family safe sport it is now.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
LOL!

Not leacturing anybody, just an open debate!

Thats what forums are for!

i asked for opinions, some valid some completely way of the mark in MHO.

I may not agree with them but i respect them.

Simplees!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So why tonight then? This doesnt hapopen at every other televised LFC game. And there are ALOT of televised LFC games.

As others have said its not as if today is an anniversary or we have been requested to partake.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Now I know the whole world doesnt revolve around NSC, but you are a north stand STH (clearly with access to a computer/the internet), and only found out about NSC 4weeks ago?!

From where I sit, you seem to have a much, much greater interest in Liverpool than your "own" club Spadge and as for your comments on not wanting to help in Plymouth's current plight!!!

Come on Spadge, admit it. You are a Scouser or at least Liverpool worshipper who happens to live in Brighton and will struggle to contain yourself IF the mighty Reds score tonight!.

Believe it or not but yes! thats 100% correct!

Unbelivably when i told my missus about it she had already been logging on and having read ups 2 weeks before me.

Believe she had been reading up on comments about the catering and trains.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
So why tonight then? This doesnt hapopen at every other televised LFC game. And there are ALOT of televised LFC games.

As others have said its not as if today is an anniversary or we have been requested to partake.

OMG!

You must be tone deaf if you never hear the fans sing that when there on the TV.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
LOL!

Not leacturing anybody, just an open debate!

Thats what forums are for!

i asked for opinions, some valid some completely way of the mark in MHO.

I may not agree with them but i respect them.

Simplees!

It's not as though people don't care, but I don't think you have the right to get stroppy just because people aren't following your lead, and that is what you have been doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here