Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just the Striker to Come.......................

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wouldn't mind taking Jay Bothroyd or Lee Barnard. Louis Saha would be a amazing signing, but his wages would be a huge problem for us.

Bothroyd wont be on less than Saha - dont think Barnard is as good as Barnes which is who he would be competing with to play "in the hole" behind the main striker should we set up that way

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
He is an attacking midfielder/ striker who could play in the 'hole' behind CMS as a , lone striker. My choice as I have mentioned many times would be Lee Barnard especially now that he ha been released by Southampton

Pretty sure he is more of a traditional MF player to be honest. 18 goals in 166 career games according to Wikipedia.

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Bothroyd wont be on less than Saha - dont think Barnard is as good as Barnes which is who he would be competing with to play "in the hole" behind the main striker should we set up that way

Saha wages would be a massive problem for us, I suspect Bothroyd isn't on that much at QPR probably around the 20K mark. So he would be ideal for us but I can see us bringing him on loan.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Saha wages would be a massive problem for us, I suspect Bothroyd isn't on that much at QPR probably around the 20K mark. So he would be ideal for us but I can see us bringing him on loan.

The only way we would get around it is if other suitors are only willing to give him a pay as you play contract due to his previous injury record and we offer him a fairly good fixed 2 year deal.

Clutching I know but thought I'd throw it out there.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

I suspect Bothroyd is on plenty more than 20k tbh as he went there on a Bosman and had plenty of suitors.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
having listened to Gus comments last night re CMS, he certainly could have done more to deny that the Leeds link was possible. If we were to accept an offer for CMS and uise that money for a forward better suited to our style and no I have no ideas as to who it will be, I think that would be good business. I have a feeling that like a house chain this may all happen early next week with CMS out and a forwad in.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Poyet would not have Murray back in a month of Sunday's. I can't believe people go on about it, it will never happen under Poyet and quite rightly so, he only put's it in when he is after a new contract and he will never score 15+ goals a season in the championship. Would not want Murray back if he played for free.(well maybe as back up, if he played for free lol).

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
having listened to Gus comments last night re CMS, he certainly could have done more to deny that the Leeds link was possible. If we were to accept an offer for CMS and uise that money for a forward better suited to our style and no I have no ideas as to who it will be, I think that would be good business. I have a feeling that like a house chain this may all happen early next week with CMS out and a forwad in.
Still can't see him going though unless stupid offer given And he had a quality player or two lined up immediately.. We don't need to cut losses here, he is a player in demand And once we get the right support for him we will be flying... All if s and buts though..

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
All this talk about Murry, is he available ? If not then why waste time posting it.
I would go for Lee Barnard, my type of player.

I was wondering about Barnard. I can't make up my mind if it gets us any further forward or not. This is more of a likely signing than mutu or Carew.

My gut feeling is that although I would initially be happy with the signing of Barnard.
Is he would invariably be disappointing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I think he was clear enough..people like to read into statements all sorts if things to suit an argument

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seriously people want Murray back ? !.... NO bloody way do I want him anywhere near our side again.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Poyet would not have Murray back in a month of Sunday's. I can't believe people go on about it, it will never happen under Poyet and quite rightly so, he only put's it in when he is after a new contract and he will never score 15+ goals a season in the championship. Would not want Murray back if he played for free.(well maybe as back up, if he played for free lol).

For once Kev, you are right. Murray is a solid Championship player at best, we should be aiming higher than that. He's hardly set the world alight at Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here