Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just the Striker to Come.......................

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nope, I never thought that Murray was that great when watching him play at the Withdean, and I still don't. Murray was a lazy striker for us and a miserable sod, seemed arrogant I always thought. Never came across as a team player and not flair enough either!

Chock full of wrong. One of the classiest players I've ever seen in the stripes, and along with Benno the main reason we went up.

"arrogant" and "miserable" - when people don't understand what the word SHY means.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id be delighted with Mclean to go with CMS

Mclean was one of the best forwards I saw at the Amex last year.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Chock full of wrong. One of the classiest players I've ever seen in the stripes, and along with Benno the main reason we went up.

"arrogant" and "miserable" - when people don't understand what the word SHY means.

I do know what shy means but he wasn't that, and he wasn't a classy player either. And yes I did see all home games. Bennett was class, Murray a lump who drifted out of a LOT of games and never put any effort in.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not sure we will be looking at a partner for CMS. Looking at the squad I can see us operating with 1 up top meaning we are looking for a mobile strong forward who can link play and enable the midfield to join up. and score some goals of course!

would love Mutu but not sure he fits my description and Saha would be great but again we are never going to be able to afford him. I think the signing will be from abroad and someone no one has mentioned.

I would like this on baord by early next week, anyone think that is likely??

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I disagree.

First touch - Murray by a country mile
Heading - Murray by a country mile
Vision/intelligence on the ball - Murray by a country mile
Off the ball movement - Murray
Strength on the ball - Murray
Passing - Murray
Pace - CMS
Finishing - Probably CMS, close though

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I do know what shy means but he wasn't that, and he wasn't a classy player either. And yes I did see all home games. Bennett was class, Murray a lump who drifted out of a LOT of games and never put any effort in.

Everyone who knew him better than the average punter said that he is a PAINFULLY shy bloke. I'll value their opinion higher than just us punters who saw him only in games and interviews (and in the interviews he always came across very shy and uncomfortable with the limelight).

He was incredibly classy for League One level. Guessing you don't like Bergkamp/Berbatov style players?

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Remember when Wayne Bridge signed?

He said his agent spoke highly of Gus and his project here.

Well Saha has the same agent....just saying

(I am not in the know I just find it impossible to believe that Saha and his agent would not have at least considered us)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Murray was seemingly lazy and lacksidasical in his approach in his first two years but the final year he was a class act. The quality of his all-round link up play, heading finishing and run-making improved noticeably and he was a beast of a player. What you say is true for two of his three years but uttely inaccurate for the final (contract-negotiation) year.

Just my opinion though...

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Everyone who knew him better than the average punter said that he is a PAINFULLY shy bloke. I'll value their opinion higher than just us punters who saw him only in games and interviews (and in the interviews he always came across very shy and uncomfortable with the limelight).

He was incredibly classy for League One level. Guessing you don't like Bergkamp/Berbatov style players?

This with bells on. The reason he looked like he wasn't working hard was because he did everything he needed to with such ease it looked lazy. Held the ball, hanged in the air like no player I've ever seen, strong defensively from oppositions corners and scored some beauties as well. Look back on the end of season DVD's, some of Murray's goals were a real high quality.

Worth remembering he didn't celebrate the FFSMurray goal either.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
of whome is the Ribas of which you speak?

Is he the brazilain one at Wofsburg?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This with bells on. The reason he looked like he wasn't working hard was because he did everything he needed to with such ease it looked lazy. Held the ball, hanged in the air like no player I've ever seen, strong defensively from oppositions corners and scored some beauties as well. Look back on the end of season DVD's, some of Murray's goals were a real high quality.

Worth remembering he didn't celebrate the FFSMurray goal either.

Agree with all this. I would love to see Murray return. He is exactly what we need.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To balance the Murray debate there were many comments last season on the BBS about him looking disinterested at times, drifting out of games etc. as well as many others saying he was a class player. I for one would love him back, but he's a player who is always going to divide opinion.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Just out of interest, on the Palarse board they are so worried about getting nobody in that there now suggesting that Billy Paynter might be a good bet. :drool::drool:

Please God make it happen, please, please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here