Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Absolute f***ing morons ruining people’s hard work again to turn more people against them despite agreeing with their fundamental point - most middle class or ‘students’ and can afford to ‘March every day’ as they don’t offer anything to society and let the tax payer pay for their damages and disruption. Absolute morons.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not normally a Morgan fan but his recent interviews on gender and these protesters are brilliant - they literally cannot answer and don’t like anyone having different views to them. Fair play.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Morons? Idiots? Vandals?

It's just a bit of powder on the floor. They soon hoovered it at the snooker.

Let's just not fall for the right wing media narrative on this. These people are protesting peacefully. And they are making a point about phasing out fossil fuels faster which the overwhelming number of people think is sensible but isn't happening (presumably because of the power and wealth of the fossil fuel lobby).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Absolute f***ing morons ruining people’s hard work again to turn more people against them despite agreeing with their fundamental point - most middle class or ‘students’ and can afford to ‘March every day’ as they don’t offer anything to society and let the tax payer pay for their damages and disruption. Absolute morons.
Back in your box 'bo'. I'm guessing you weren't one of those who broke the Goldstone crossbar against York City then?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Morons? Idiots? Vandals?

Let's just not fall for the right wing media narrative on this. These people are protesting peacefully. And they are making a point about phasing out fossil fuels faster which the overwhelming number of people think is sensible but isn't happening (presumably because of the power and wealth of the fossil fuel lobby).
Not going over the same boring argument again. It’s not peaceful, it’s breaking the law and vandalising months and months of hard work - by actual workers ironically. It’s not right wing media just because they don’t agree with annoying protesters disrupting lives and causing people sadness and anger - oh and treatment for strokes etc as it turned out.. The snooker wasn’t soon ‘hoovered up’ it ruined a session for those that had bought ticket and made plans. Unnecessary to protest this way, and the plans to use renewables and less oil etc are happening anyway. It’s the smugness of them that also irks many. People have different opinions - mine is that they’re utter morons with nothing better to do - it won’t change and I’m not ‘right wing’ or ‘left wing’ i just use my brain to see it’s not the right way to do things. The fact they’re such outspoken un-likeable people when interviewed who cannot answer simple questions just adds to my theory I’m right tbh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Back in your box 'bo'. I'm guessing you weren't one of those who broke the Goldstone crossbar against York City then?
No I wasn’t and that is completely different and incomparable to what they’ve been doing - stopping cancer patients getting treatment and people attending their mothers’ funerals. Someone has to put the left wing NSC brigade in place and I have no problem doing it. Although it’s now tiresome and the hypocrisy is just never going to be noticed by many of you so there’s no point. Let’s hope these Just Stop Oil protesters get an actual job rather than causing nuisances every day and living off the tax payer, which many are (fact).

Most people in everyday life I meet literally call them utter bellends - it’s only the ‘cool Brighton’ left wingers on here that seem to appreciate their law breaking ruining lives and potentially killing people tactics. It’s bullshit & I’m not one to go with the narrative on here as I don’t agree with many of the far left posts that appear.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not going over the same boring argument again. It’s not peaceful, it’s breaking the law and vandalising months and months of hard work - by actual workers ironically. It’s not right wing media just because they don’t agree with annoying protesters disrupting lives and causing people sadness and anger - oh and treatment for strokes etc as it turned out.. The snooker wasn’t soon ‘hoovered up’ it ruined a session for those that had bought ticket and made plans. Unnecessary to protest this way, and the plans to use renewables and less oil etc are happening anyway. It’s the smugness of them that also irks many. People have different opinions - mine is that they’re utter morons with nothing better to do - it won’t change and I’m not ‘right wing’ or ‘left wing’ i just use my brain to see it’s not the right way to do things. The fact they’re such outspoken un-likeable people when interviewed who cannot answer simple questions just adds to my theory I’m right tbh.
Aren't you?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Morons? Idiots? Vandals?

firstly, they are not peaceful if they are conducting vandalism. thats time and effort people have lost, not all violence is phyisical. secondly, this campaign is asking for something not deliverable. if we stopped all licencing tomorrow we'd still be using fossil fuels from elsewhere. if we stop their use tomorrow we'd lose materials, chemicals, food, medicines, equipment we depend on in modern world, before touching the energy and transport issues. we know we need to "phase out" and are doing so, let it take the time it needs.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No I wasn’t and that is completely different and incomparable to what they’ve been doing - stopping cancer patients getting treatment and people attending their mothers’ funerals. Someone has to put the left wing NSC brigade in place and I have no problem doing it. Although it’s now tiresome and the hypocrisy is just never going to be noticed by many of you so there’s no point. Let’s hope these Just Stop Oil protesters get an actual job rather than causing nuisances every day and living off the tax payer, which many are (fact).

Most people in everyday life I meet literally call them utter bellends - it’s only the ‘cool Brighton’ left wingers on here that seem to appreciate their law breaking ruining lives and potentially killing people tactics. It’s bullshit & I’m not one to go with the narrative on here as I don’t agree with many of the far left posts that appear.
I’m not sure there is a “left wing NSC brigade”. Not one that needs “putting in it’s place”
This is genuinely one of the most balanced and calm platforms for discussion I have come across on an increasingly divided internet.

Having said that, I absolutely see your point.

It’s not on to ruin the work of people trying to enjoy their pass-times and vocations. And I sympathise with your view.

However, in a country where people feel marginalised and un-heard we are going to see more of this type of protest.

If I consider both sides of the argument, I slenderly come down on the side of the protesters.

In a climate where politicians and public figures seem to have carte blanche to act as they wish with little or no accountability. When the government approves new coal mines, allows raw sewage to be pumped into our water ways, and kicks the can of ecological responsibility inexorably down the road, it comes as no surprise that people go to extremes to highlight their cause.

And ultimately, anyone whose goal it is to raise awareness of man made climate change gets my support. To a degree. Not least because hurried through legislation ensures they can be prosecuted / persecuted for merely having the potential to cause disruption.

But yes, I see that they do themselves no favours among many.

It’s all a bit of a mess, don’t you agree?

In my opinion, this is a result of our government policies and not the arbitrary desire of some to simply cause harm.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Last edited:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Not normally a Morgan fan but his recent interviews on gender and these protesters are brilliant - they literally cannot answer and don’t like anyone having different views to them. Fair play.

Completely disagree, this encompasses the problem, rather than having a grown up debate about climate change we have these pointless arguments to ridicule and discredit anyone who protests, people exercising their legal right to protest btw, and it's not just this show but all over social media and talk shows you will have people with legitimate concerns about climate change and on the other side climate change deniers, mostly Murdoch stooges like Piers Morgan. As long as that is the status quo that lets the government off the hook and nothing ever gets done

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They're not winning the hearts and minds of ordinary people.
This is true. But then “ordinary people” sit back while our government allows big corporations to defile and plunder our fragile eco-system.

And I include myself in the “ordinary people” category.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Morons? Idiots? Vandals?

It’s the go to argument blaming a right wing media ..ignoring of course that there is a left wing section who are never wrong …🤦‍♂️

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here