Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Surely it is time for the JSO leaders to come up with an alternative protest action aimed at those who make the decisions - government officials, oil companies, Uncle Tom Cobley or whoever than disrupt the lives of those who have no say in the matter.
That's been happening for the past 25 years.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
And to all the people trotting out the "it's not violent" mantra, I presume you're ok with other forms of abuse because they're not violent?

What about a nice bit of stalking? You must surely like controlling and coercive behaviour?

It's ok because it's peaceful :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Unfortunately it was only a matter of time before the reaction to JSO protests escalated. Whether you agree or disagree with their tactics (JSO) there is no doubt that they are right royally pissing off the Great British Public.
Their actions are not winning hearts and minds and I would imagine a few more Mr Angry and Sweary sorts will now step up. It still amazes me that there has been no serious injury caused by a vehicle running a JSO protester over.

Surely it is time for the JSO leaders to come up with an alternative protest action aimed at those who make the decisions - government officials, oil companies, Uncle Tom Cobley or whoever than disrupt the lives of those who have no say in the matter.
I wish them good luck with that! As I've said before, they'll all be shot down (or maybe punched and kicked to the floor) by anti-protester types because, to them, there isn't a 'right' way to protest. "Put up and shut up (or else I'll BEAT you up)" now seems to be the preferred course of action for them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And to all the people trotting out the "it's not violent" mantra, I presume you're ok with other forms of abuse because they're not violent?

What about a nice bit of stalking? You must surely like controlling and coercive behaviour?

I'm OK with 'whataboutism'. You seem to be a bit of an expert!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

Most of them have been arrested, like you would for stalking and Coercive Behaviour. Despite this absolutely bizarre analogy.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
How do you quantify what is worse? 1 person gets a black eye or 1000 people miss appointments, miss school, miss holidays, lose money.

The violence is worse.

That was easy.
In this specific example the violence is not worse.
A black eye compared to 1000 people missing appointments, school, holidays, money, is not worse.
I'd consider myself lucky if a black eye was all I got for causing the above. Indeed I'd be expecting a lot more from many more people.
However, cocooned warmly on NSC, drinking Horlicks, keeping oneself to oneself and not being aware of how commonplace the chance of a punch on the hooter is out there, anyone could think that a mere black eye is shocking and outrageous. That JSO bod might now not be so keen to protest now he's witnessed an anti-protest protest and been forced to make his own personal impact on the environment.

I don't condone violence in any way, but I'm aware that there are thousands of muppets amongst us who don't live by the same rules as civilised society.
F*ck about-get found out. As da yoot possibly say.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why?

JSO are happy to indiscriminately target random members of the public with their protests. They have to accept that they're going to get a reaction.
Because assault is a serious criminal offence.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So by the same token, WHY it's ok to disrupt people going about their daily business?

At this point the argument is beyond right and wrong. Violence clearly isn't right but if someone is willing to face the consequences, because it's all being filmed and he'll 100% get a conviction, then I say good on them. If he starts a crowdfunder for legal fees I'll happily donate Hopefully a few more will get stuck in.

That makes me no different to any of the JSO supporters on this thread who support criminal activity.
Wow.

Seriously…wow.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sorry the you was not meant to be personally to you, but more of a general you, I said if that’s you. But the argument that I they should do this to MPs is that they don’t get any coverage when they do that. I think that some people will never like them ever. That’s fine, but I don’t understand the line go protest at Downing Street, because I think that some will never agree with what they have to say.
If they glued themself to an MP of course they would get the coverage. As for going to going to Downing street, any dont agree with what they are doing. Do they care that much about the Environment, i dont think so, if they did Surely they would not slow walk along a road holding cars up, those vehicles polluting the Atmosphere because they have the engine running. It's a bit hypocritical of them.

Thank you for you reply.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
If they glued themself to an MP of course they would get the coverage. As for going to going to Downing street, any dont agree with what they are doing. Do they care that much about the Environment, i dont think so, if they did Surely they would not slow walk along a road holding cars up, those vehicles polluting the Atmosphere because they have the engine running. It's a bit hypocritical of them.

Thank you for you reply.
I mean the cars will still be polluting while driving, I think they do care about the environment. I don’t necessarily agree with the standing in the road stuff, I think it’s more effective the sports stuff. But as a country we need to invest in fossil fuel free transport options, as the technology is there just needs investments.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thank you for you reply.
They’re in central London, why do they even have cars?

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
A black eye compared to 1000 people missing appointments, school, holidays, money, is not worse.
I'd consider myself lucky if a black eye was all I got for causing the above. Indeed I'd be expecting a lot more from many more people.
However, cocooned warmly on NSC, drinking Horlicks, keeping oneself to oneself and not being aware of how commonplace the chance of a punch on the hooter is out there, anyone could think that a mere black eye is shocking and outrageous. That JSO bod might now not be so keen to protest now he's witnessed an anti-protest protest and been forced to make his own personal impact on the environment.

I don't condone violence in any way, but I'm aware that there are thousands of muppets amongst us who don't live by the same rules as civilised society.

You keep minimising this as simply "a black eye", but the guy was pushed to the ground and kicked in the head. Either of those two actions could have killed him.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Wow.

Seriously…wow.
We're going round in circles here.

I think they're all c**ts and anyone who minimises the disruption they cause to people's daily lives is also a c**t. That's my position and its not going to change.

None of you can be reasoned with so we might as well stop trying. The more you all dismiss out of hand people's genuine frustration with their methods, the more the public will resort to lashing out.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Did a thousand people miss appointments, schools and holidays, then? Yer man who got all punchy wasn't even on the same side of the ROAD is the protesters!

Ironically, the traffic accident that Poundland Tyson Fury was involved in (or the car he was travelling in) seemed to have caused a massive tailback too. Maybe that caused a thousand people to miss appointments, school, holiday blah, blah, blah...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I think they're all c**ts and anyone who minimises the disruption they cause to people's daily lives is also a c**t. That's my position and its not going to change.

None of you can be reasoned with so we might as well stop trying. The more you all dismiss out of hand people's genuine frustration with their methods, the more the public will resort to lashing out.
Of course I understand people being frustrated. But I’m not the one who wants to crowdfund violent criminals.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Yes, we are, but then what do you expect when you effectively say the person who got twatted has to 'accept' that he had it coming (post 1,515)? But sure, WE can't be reasoned with :lolol:

I've been delayed for all sorts of reasons countless times over the years. I've sat on motorways for hours. I've had trains and planes cancelled. I've been prevented from reaching my final destination on a journey. I've been re-routed and therefore missed appointments – REALLY important ones, too. But never ONCE have I ever felt compelled to punch and/or kick the person(s) responsible. But if you say it's OK, then fair enough :thumbsup:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don’t think the person “had it coming” as I don’t like violence and think it’s an absolute last resort. But then I am also a realist and recognise that if I was doing something specifically to make other people take notice, and get angry, a very possible outcome is violence towards me.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yes, we are, but then what do you expect when you effectively say the person who got twatted has to 'accept' that he had it coming (post 1,515)? But sure, WE can't be reasoned with :lolol:

I've been delayed for all sorts of reasons countless times over the years. I've sat on motorways for hours. I've had trains and planes cancelled. I've been prevented from reaching my final destination on a journey. I've been re-routed and therefore missed appointments – REALLY important ones, too. But never ONCE have I ever felt compelled to punch and/or kick the person(s) responsible. But if you say it's OK, then fair enough :thumbsup:
Your contribution to this thread consists of glib one liners with the intention of trolling anyone who has a contrary opinion to your own.

If you behaved like that IRL then someone would eventually twat you and you'd fully deserve it. That's the problem with social media, tedious pricks like you can get away with constant sarcasm and mockery safe in the knowledge that you'll get likes and headpats from all the other tedious pricks in the room.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here