Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If they haven't already France are in the process of banning all internal flights.
I guess that's fairly straight forward when you can get from one end to the other in 6 hours, by train, at a cost of less than €70.

I colleague has gone to Edinburgh for the week.
We were discussing travel options and his easiest , cheapest and most reliable was EasyJet.

Shameful.
Unfortunately there are a large amount of people objecting to investment in high speed rail links in this country.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just invaded The Last Leg live on Channel 4.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They handled it pretty well
...unlike The Last Leg security. Didn't realise they only had one leg each as well.

But there's plenty of impromptu jokes coming JSO's way now, so it's probably evens.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Just done the Proms opener at the RAH now.

:facepalm:
Not the proms opener, at the Royal Albert Hall no less
How Dare You Greta GIF

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thought the reaction on The Last Leg was fantastic actually, Adam Hills handled it superbly

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If they haven't already France are in the process of banning all internal flights.
I guess that's fairly straight forward when you can get from one end to the other in 6 hours, by train, at a cost of less than €70.

I colleague has gone to Edinburgh for the week.
We were discussing travel options and his easiest , cheapest and most reliable was EasyJet.

Shameful.
I had an unavoidable one hour meeting yesterday, in WIGAN. 225 miles North of here.

i looked up the train options; 5 hours on 3 trains to get there. 5.5 on 2 trains to get back. A bargain at £198.00… (plus £17 to park my car at the station here for the day, plus taxis at the other end). Utter nonsense.

so, I spent 11 hours in my car (and am semi-comatose today).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Thought the reaction on The Last Leg was fantastic actually, Adam Hills handled it superbly
For context, Adam spoke at length about JSO last week and had one of the Wimbledon security team on pretending to arrest a JSO protester.

He said that if it was only orange confetti and a protest that lasted about 20 seconds, he'd be happy to have all protests like that.

So fair play to him for being consistent. And the audience was quite onboard as well with that in mind.

Still, there's no disguising that Josh was quite shocked about it. So there's probably something there for both sides of the JSO conversation.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I had an unavoidable one hour meeting yesterday, in WIGAN. 225 miles North of here.

i looked up the train options; 5 hours on 3 trains to get there. 5.5 on 2 trains to get back. A bargain at £198.00… (plus £17 to park my car at the station here for the day, plus taxis at the other end). Utter nonsense.

UK train prices are absolutely insane.

For reference here in Victoria they has just put a a cap of $9.20 on train fares across the state. All the trains are also made locally. An hour from me into Melbourne for $9.20. the whole family for $40 is still pretty good. In the school holidays kids travel free which works out well.

Amazing what can be done on a state run network.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
It’s getting beyond a joke. They need to start locking these so called protesters up .
They are "locking up" protesters which a quick 5 second google search would tell you. And they're not "so called" protesters, they are real genuine protesters. And it's never been a joke, it's quite a serious issue.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Because of a previous Youtube rabbit hole I dived into, the algorithm occasionally reminds me of long haul train journeys.

Here's Paris to Barcelona (or London to Aberdeen if you prefer) done in just under 7 hours for less than €100 in first class.

This is what happens when your country has a 40 year investment in high speed rail, as opposition to shaving 20 mins off the time out of Birmingham at a cost of 100 billion pounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here