Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Just Stop Oil

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes.

Not sure it helps to argue that someone who did worse got less.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Yes, fitting justice. For worse crimes- child abuse, rape, murder- life with no parole.
Find a cheaper way to not use oil, then more people will jump on board.
This could be debated forever, so back to the football threads for me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they can end their actions now the government stop new licences, right? right?

nope, now it's stop all extraction by 2030. who's going to replace all the gas central heating in the next 5 years?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
That seems excessive but then I suppose that’s it’s meant to be to try and end this disruptive actions

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This has the same sentence as an average rape sentence. This seriously undermines a lot of sentences handed out.
Perhaps. Maybe there is an anomaly in sentencing guidelines.

I don't think one sentence undermines another though. It may make it seem unfair or too lenient. Unfortunately this is a landscape where traditionally there would be only one direction in sentence revision - upwards - if the court of public opinion had its way. With anyone directly affected by a crime being particularly keen on stifer sentences for that crime. Indeed, anyone so much as raising an eyebrow at me surely deserves to have their goolies cut off.

While we are whatabouting, whatabout the bloke yesterday who smoked weed and killed a small lad on the road at Sandgate, and legged it? I think he got 18 months.

Taken on its own merits, I have no issue with the present sentence.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Manslaughter is 2-10 years. This is a joke and is why prisons are overcrowded. Traffic now has the same worth as a human life.
This has the same sentence as an average rape sentence. This seriously undermines a lot of sentences handed out.
At times, the two-and-a-half-week trial descended into chaos, with defendants arrested for contempt and dragged by police and custody officers into the dock and down to the cells when they refused to leave the witness box or spoke out of turn, claiming they were not being given the opportunity to present their full case.

On the second day of defence evidence, 11 people were arrested for alleged contempt after they protested outside Southwark crown court with signs saying: “Jurors have the right to hear the whole truth.” Protesters nevertheless returned day after day, until on the final day more than 80 sat outside the court with placards.

I imagine this is why the sentence is so long, I feel sorry for them in someways, they were poorly advised this was a good way to act.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes, it's utterly brilliant but why didn't the judge didn't instruct the jailor to throw away the key?
Looking at the pure evil put away today, you yearn for capital punishment in this country. We are paying for the 21 years imprisonment out of our taxes!

I wish there was a way to send them to Rwanda!

However, our streets and roads are safe for the next 4 years at least.

Just put yourself in the position of the average motorist on the M25 that day. Wife in the back of the car about to give birth, nan in the front being taken to her chemotherapy. Air conditioning broken. No 4G signal. No water in the car so everyone is dehydrating.

I hope they never get out.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
they can end their actions now the government stop new licences, right? right?

nope, now it's stop all extraction by 2030. who's going to replace all the gas central heating in the next 5 years?

It is no fossil fuel use by 2030.

No air travel, no mass car ownership. No shipping. No consumerism. No plastics.

It is utterly bonkers.

Reactions: abc

abc

Jan 6, 2007
No I do not. Save jail time for those who are more of a danger to the public. Child sex offender living next to my parents got suspended sentences twice and only jailed (for a shorter time than this lot) after the 3rd offence in 10 years...

If the sentences were too lenient for the sex offender that needs to be reviewed/challenged/changed but it doesn’t make the sentences handed out to the JSO wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here