Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Spoken to Natterjack.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As I said earlier ...

And this is entirely consistent with Jack Straw's opening post in this thread ...

Lod B - you're very good at not making a committed statement !!! Instead of answering with a question why not say "NJ requested it be removed" - it would have solved a whole heap of speculation and anger.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I was just waiting for Whitterz to come back with "Bob who?", to which we could all reply...

... no , Bob Hiu , the Chinese guy doing the electrics. :wink:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yep, I have no objections to your point Lord Bracknell, that's obviously a big possibility. But that raises another question: Why was the forum introduced if Natterjack had not agreed to it in advance? And if he had not agreed to it in advance, why was he happy to answer questions on it for a few days?

Personally I didn't ask him anything and I'm not desperate to know, but he did provide a nice service and if he's been gagged then it's atrocious PR. And you can see why people think that is the case when you read Insider's post about "inadequacies" in Natterjack's posts.

Absolutely agree :thumbsup:

What is strange ( and very worrying ) is that it took so long for Insider to make a detailed statement on the matter AND that the Mods seem intent on giving grey non-specific answers. If they had been honest from the start there wouldn't have been an issue. It's very noticable that we still don't really know who requested the forum be removed !

Yep, I have no objections to your point Lord Bracknell, that's obviously a big possibility. But that raises another question: Why was the forum introduced if Natterjack had not agreed to it in advance? And if he had not agreed to it in advance, why was he happy to answer questions on it for a few days?

Personally I didn't ask him anything and I'm not desperate to know, but he did provide a nice service and if he's been gagged then it's atrocious PR. And you can see why people think that is the case when you read Insider's post about "inadequacies" in Natterjack's posts.
1. I have no idea how the forum came to be introduced. It appears to have been removed at Natterjack's request.

2. Insider has made it clear that Natterjack hasn't been gagged by the Club.

3. It is in the nature of major construction projects that people working on site won't know everything that is going on. Some aspects of the project are being managed by the Club. Some aspects are being managed by the Buckingham Group. Relying on one source (particularly someone who is trying to be helpful) inevitably runs the risk of some inaccuracies creeping in. This is a team project. The PR (including answering fans' questions) will be better handled by a team of people from both parties.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's all very strange in NSC land today. El Pres says the club were unhappy with the forum and asked for it to be removed but the club (well Paul Camillin) says they didn't.

Lord B says he has no idea how the forum came to be introduced yet he posts the first thread on that forum err introducing it and Natterjack hasn't been gagged but has spent quite a while looking in today but not posting.

Very twilight zone

It's all very strange in NSC land today. El Pres says the club were unhappy with the forum and asked for it to be removed but the club (well Paul Camillin) says they didn't.

Lord B says he has no idea how the forum came to be introduced yet he posts the first thread on that forum err introducing it and Natterjack hasn't been gagged but has spent quite a while looking in today but not posting.

Very twilight zone
I didn't post the first thread. I posted something like the eighth thread - but made it sticky (and therefore at the top of the forum).

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Blimey, this is just bloody silly. Why all the damn fuss? You guys (and gals) have nothing better to do in life but moan about something.

It is clear to me that what started out as a low-key info section quickly became more extensive as more and more questions were asked, so in order to provide the most accurate responses, a new "Ask the Project Team" section will be set up.

Why all the drama? Jeez, get a life.

Jan 30, 2008
Blimey, this is just bloody silly. Why all the damn fuss? You guys (and gals) have nothing better to do in life but moan about something.

It is clear to me that what started out as a low-key info section quickly became more extensive as more and more questions were asked, so in order to provide the most accurate responses, a new "Ask the Project Team" section will be set up.

where's lord lucan :rolleyes:

Innit.

I can't work out who's sadder, the mods for being all CLOAK and DAGGER about the whole affair as if they're dealing with some national security issue, or the GOONS that are getting their KNICKERS in a right old TWIST about it.

The stadium's being built. The club have been good enough to set up a live webcam as well as provide regular updates on the website, and a number of fans are also posting their own pictures, helping to chart the progress.

I'm sure people can live without knowing what colour the hand dryers or how thick the windows are going to be.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

You make it sound like people are about to cut their wrists, I'm sure nobody is sitting in front of their PC contemplating suicide. The initial reaction was that we'd got someone in trouble at work, which would be pretty crap and I'm sure that's what much of the early fuss was about for most people.

I don't care that the forum has gone, it was better without it anyway, it's just the manner in which it happened.
It might seem trivial to you, but as someone who posts in the webcam thread I have really enjoyed Natterjacks contributions in that he could explain what was going in in the pictures. It's a bit like watching a sport you don't understand, it's much easier to understand with the commentary on. If that is not going to happen anymore it will be much less enjoyable watching the webcam thread. I hope that isn't the case.

This could've been avoided by just saying that natterjack doesn't want to do it anymore.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
OMG! My understanding of what actually happened (in a nutshell) is that those at the Buckingham Group were slightly concerned about Ask Natterjack and asked the club's opinion; the club suggested a better way of doing things would be for the questions to come to the project team, as they're managing the project and have a greater knowledge of the whole project. I guess BG then suggested this to NJ! There's no huge drama here; Natterjack hasn't been sacked; Jack Straw isn't bound and gagged in Martin Perry's garage and Barry Izbaak won't wake up tomorrow morning with a horse's head in his bed... Oh and the steel has been ordered.

Why have the club got the blame for this? I guess El Pres must have got his wires crossed.

And relax...

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
......... and Barry Izbaak won't wake up tomorrow morning with a horse's head in his bed...

breathes a sigh of relief :lolol:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Also, having spent a fairly sizeable sum on a webcam, weekly photo galleries and regular video blogs from MP, we're hardly trying to be secretive about what's going on at the site. And for the record, I think the work of Jack Straw, Barry Izbaak and Ernest nicely compliments the official stuff. Together, it puts coverage of other similar projects in the shade.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Also, having spent a fairly sizeable sum on a webcam, weekly photo galleries and regular video blogs from MP, we're hardly trying to be secretive about what's going on at the site. And for the record, I think the work of Jack Straw, Barry Izbaak and Everest nicely compliments the official stuff. Together, it puts coverage of other similar projects in the shade.

I think that reads better.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've been unable to post for the last few hours but I did misinterpet a message from someone which hinted the club were unhappy. Sorry folks x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here