Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just spoken to Dick Knight and Martin Perry re Lewes...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
attila said:
I must say I think a demo is a really good idea, but if the club don't, then I guess we have to go with that. Need to get letters off and really spread the word about a Forfar's boycott. Word of mouth works really well there are thousands of us - but get it on the media as and where we can as well.

I have to say whilst I'm happy not to shop at Forfars (that will sting them about £5 a year) I really don't think it will anything. It's not going to get us noticed or raise public opinion.

What we need as an organised campaign to educate the Lewes District electorate about what a Judicial Review could mean for the humble tax payer. This coupled with an expected 10% hike next year could get a lot of peoples backs up!

Can we get some examples of previous JRs and how much money was involved? This will give backbone to our argument.

I personally would like to be able to sue the council on behalf of the tax payers for misappropriation of funds. At least Brighton and Hove Council held a referendum.

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
Could we not get a petition going, to be signed only by residents of the LDC area demanding that no more of our money is wasted.

If we could get this distributed throughout the area I'm sure we could get a sizeable number of signatures before the 7th.

We could then hand it in on the day of their next meeting.

If people think this is a good idea I am happy to co-ordinate this, but would like help with the exact wording of the petition.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Lewesian Seagull said:
Could we not get a petition going, to be signed only by residents of the LDC area demanding that no more of our money is wasted.

If we could get this distributed throughout the area I'm sure we could get a sizeable number of signatures before the 7th.

If people think this is a good idea I am happy to co-ordinate this, but would like help with the exact wording of the petition.

If i can help out....let me know

Dandyman

In London village.
Lewesian Seagull said:

Excellent idea.

I would suggest something that relates to Council Tax rises, the underfunding of other projects that Jevs has highlighted and the fact that they appear to have taken the decisoon during a discussion from which local electors were excluded.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Lewesian Seagull said:

agreed. This is a much better line to take than any boycott.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think a petition signed by Lewes residents would be of value. I've said elsewhere, and Kylies Stunt Arse has agreed, I'm quite happy to stand around all day in Lewes High St one Saturday collecting signatures for it. I think we initially agreed on Saturday 10th, but I'm easy. No awaydays planned next month, so if it CLIPBOARDs we're looking at, then count me in.

Last edited:

Lewesian Seagull

Jul 13, 2003
Lewes
Right then, let's see what you can do.

Lord B. Oh man of great eloquency (?) any chance you could come up with some wording, or anybody else who has a talent for these sort of things.

I'll have a quick word with my Financial Director (season ticket holder) and see if he'll supply paper, copying facilities etc.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Lewesian Seagull said:
Right then, let's see what you can do.

Lord B. Oh man of great eloquency (?) any chance you could come up with some wording, or anybody else who has a talent for these sort of things.

How about.......

PETITION FOR LDC RESIDENTS TO SHOW THOSE STUCK UP COUNCILLOR !!!!! THAT THEY SHOULD HEREBY HAVE THEIR KNEECAPS BROKEN.

??? ??? ???

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lammy said:
I personally think that the average Lewes District tax payer needs to be made aware that the council is risking up to 18% of the yearly budget on this whim!

Unbelievable.

Last edited:

attila said:
Be that as it may, they would like as many people as possible, especially Lewes residents, to write to the District Auditor asking this question (copied to Lewes District Council and the leader Ann De Vecchi - Lord Bracknell, can you supply the relevant e and snail mail addresses?)
Leader of the Council ...

ann.devecchi@lewes.gov.uk

Postal address:-

Lewes District Council,
32 High Street,
Lewes,
East Sussex BN7 2LX

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Thank you for your email. It has been forwarded to officers in the department concerned for their attention and you should get a reply from them soon.

Lewes District Council

>>> >>>

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am writing with utter disbelieve that you plan to challenge the stadium at Falmer at the High Courts.

I have many friends who live in Lewes and are Brighton & Hove Albion supporters and are "IN FAVOUR OF FALMER" .

Please can you let me know why you are going against our wishes and spending valuable tax payers money on fighting something that goes against our
wishes?

Yours disgruntled,

I await the reply ???

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Can I ask why only Lewes residents for the ballot. I am under the impression area's like Newhaven, Peacehaven and Seaford pay their rates to Lewis council?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
fosters headband said:
Can I ask why only Lewes residents for the ballot. I am under the impression area's like Newhaven, Peacehaven and Seaford pay their rates to Lewis council?

correct. By Lewes residents assume they mean Lewes DISTRICT residents.

Seaford has a higher population than Lewes for exampl and I'm sure most of them don't give a toss about the stadium and yet are being FORCED to pay to oppose it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here