Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just JUST over 12,000 at Selhurst tonight! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
That’s not my point though, I understand our circumstances restricted our crowds I’m not f*&king stupid. My point is playing the attendance card to Palace is a little rich when (for a whole host of reasons) they have had higher attendances than us, it just makes us look like twats tbh.

You are entitled to your opinion of course, but I just wish fans like yourself conducted themselves with a bit more class. You opinions stir up memories of a family I used to know, never had a pot to piss in, then came into some money and took upon themselves to lord it over people they knew in the area, seemingly forgetting where they had come from, I think this is a fair analogy in this instance.

No I'm sorry you have completely lost me on that second paragraph. I realise and accept this and other football forums can be highly childish in the extreme. I also accept there is banter and yes it is embarrassing that our friends up the road can only muster a 12k crowd in the Championship against a play off position side. And we have fulfilled our probabilities of filling our stadium, just as we did at Withers. And asking how many times we have averaged 10k over the past few years has seemingly completely bypassed you as well as these Palarse people. As I said earlier, these forums can be terribly childish and whatever the subject it will be tit for tat, whether it be 1-3, 12k or above in the division. So why don't you just take it for what it is and chill out a bit?

And again you seem to want to talk for the masses... "it just makes us look like twats tbh" ... it may make you feel like a twat but it doesn't me and I take forums for what they are.

I'm not embarrassed by our support and I don't think the club are either. We have sold to our potential, tickets for a majority of games for nearly 11 years now. Nothing excruciating about that, something to be proud of actually. Deserves a pat on the back, not the usual complaints and whining from those embarrassed by it on NSC? Just a thought.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Sorry mate not mine either. Palace fans have been rubbing our noses in it from every possible angle for years. That's changing now.

Believe me I’ve had to endure countless years of ridicule from Palace fans (probably more than most) so I do take pleasure from us closing the gap and competing on a level playing field, I just feel it’s a little rich playing the attendance card.

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
If Palace win the carling cup, they will, quite rightly, lord it over us. The fact that they haven't won anything as big ever before will be irrelevant. The fact that we haven't had a ground for 14 years, and had an owner intent on destroying our club before that, makes our attendances for the last 20 years fairly irrelevant. As it is, we currently have very good support, and as long as Palace keep claiming it's plastic, we'll keep pointing out it's miles better than their support.

Going on Then keep doing that, Cause we couldnt give a flying Fuc*, you say "Oh they couldnt fit into the withdean" and "Oh we did sell out the withdean" Yh in your last ever game there. Last Season you averaged 6466 in a 8850 Capacity stadium, there are No excuses.

EagleDave

May 17, 2011
2 wins in 9 league games. Palace are on a ROLL!

What you state is exactly correct, but have you not thought about this, we have only won 2 in 9 league games, but yet we are still above you?
Maybe you should think about your own team's form!

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
Sorry mate not mine either. Palace fans have been rubbing our noses in it from every possible angle for years. That's changing now.

Would you like to explain to me how that is "changing now", We Beat you 1-3, above you at Christmas like we always are and the Best you lot can Muster up is our attendances, which BTW your track record doesnt make pleasant reading.

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
They don't. It's because of attendances that we always knew Man City could be a big club, and we know Newcastle could do it too. It affects whether our clubs have the money to buy/keep players etc. It's very important for the future of clubs.

Your fans seem obsessed with coming here to claim that our fans are plastic, then you're surprised there's a discussion on attendances. When we didn't have our own ground, so our attendances were low, your fans think it's fine to talk about attendances. But now that we have more fans at games than you, suddenly it's weird to discuss it. If crowd size didn't matter, why are your owners trying so hard to get fans in with kids for a pound etc?

Most Palace fans would like a new ground, and most would like crowds of 20,000. If that happens, all your arguments about plastic fans will suddenly disappear, although they will be more appropriate to your club, because as things stand you have a proper football ground (one that I'd have loved to have for the past 14 years) which your fans can't be bothered to go to.

I don't disagree with either of your points but I'm still not overly sure whether it equates to the degree of bragging rights that some of your mob claim - crowd size does matter, of course it does, but it's not the be-all and end-all that some make it out to be. Don't get me wrong, your new stadium is rightly something to be proud of and crow about and the novelty factor for people certainly has not worn off yet. Why should it? You're doing well at a level higher than you've been used to in recent years; you're splashing cash on players and have a seemingly talented (if slightly precious) manager at the helm. I honestly don't begrudge you it one bit, it's nice to have the rivalry back. I'm just interested to see what happens when the novelty of the Amex wears off - will it still be one of the 'must have' tickets in Sussex? I'd wager people get bored of it and crowds will drop, but then I would say that, wouldn't I?

As for us - we'd love a new ground (plans are slowly being put together for one) and in the Championship, we've averaged the 17k+ crowds in the last decade (in our dilapidated fortress no less) so the fans are there to bring back. They'll come back, if we have to see out a period of sub-standard attendances beforehand, so be it, it's always darkest before the dawn. It's no bother to me - I've got my season ticket and proud of who I support and how we operate.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair I gave it some when we went 5 pts clear of them fairly recently with the same amount of games to a Palace fan at work. Who now takes great pleasure in telling me they are again above us and of course the 3-1, FFS Murray etc.

Its all GOOD.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Going on Then keep doing that, Cause we couldnt give a flying Fuc*, you say "Oh they couldnt fit into the withdean" and "Oh we did sell out the withdean" Yh in your last ever game there. Last Season you averaged 6466 in a 8850 Capacity stadium, there are No excuses.

For the second time - the average league crowd at withdean last year was 7341, not 6466.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Going on Then keep doing that, Cause we couldnt give a flying Fuc*
I'm sorry I find it very difficult to understand you.
Last Season you averaged 6466 in a 8850 Capacity stadium, there are No excuses.
Actually it was 7341 average last season. Get your facts right!
I haven't checked the figures, can you provide links? Either way, we couldn't fill the away end with our fans could we. It's also impossible for you to know what it's like supporting your club while they play in a ground as bad as the Withdean.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm still not overly sure whether it equates to the degree of bragging rights that some of your mob claim
Whatever the bragging right either side have, it goes without saying that some fans will exaggerate it. Like you get Palace fans on here going on about taking our top scorer, while we all know that was more due to Gus not being fussed than Murray choosing Palace over Brighton (and I'm not saying he isn't a good player). And you get some idiotic Palace fans suggesting we lost our ground because the fans didn't do all they could to save it, despite the fact that anyone who knows anything knows that's not the case.

Summary - some fans will talk shit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Errmm.. Our average Attendance this season is higher than your average attendances for the past 3 Decades so please Sir, dont Mock our attendances.

Errmm.. Our average Attendance this season is higher than your average attendances when in the 2nd tier for OVER 3 decades so please pikey, roll along now.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
Whatever the bragging right either side have, it goes without saying that some fans will exaggerate it. Like you get Palace fans on here going on about taking our top scorer, while we all know that was more due to Gus not being fussed than Murray choosing Palace over Brighton (and I'm not saying he isn't a good player). And you get some idiotic Palace fans suggesting we lost our ground because the fans didn't do all they could to save it, despite the fact that anyone who knows anything knows that's not the case.

Summary - some fans will talk shit.

We'll agree on that.

Murray Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here