Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Possibly, even stranger than the non Brighton fans obsessively, chuntering away about politics on a football site are the Brexit Tourettes sufferers, some of whom even found time to post the same old nonsense Christmas day morning ...

"Where's Grandad? We want to open the presents.'

'He's on the computer, posting another YouTube video no one watches'

[emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
i stayed out of the brexit debate as i don't and never will reside in England again ......i think if i was living in England at the time i would probably have been swept up in the bollox and voted leave or i may have voted stay for the travel issues or i may have already been dead or in jail.

no doubt a job was done on the UK from within and anyone who still cant see it is carrying around a large rockmelon for a head.

Yes... those who can't see it are 'carrying around a large rockmelon for a head' - quite a helpful metaphor, I think. No emoji needed!

These characters always try to change the focus too! Desperate stuff!

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't believe any genuine supporter would be bothering with these threads during that fantastic gripping match/performance.

I was at work waiting for the police to arrive to take statements after an incident with a crack cocaine addict and a large pair of scissors. They’re pretty relaxed at my place of work but they do draw the line at letting us watch football during violent incidents. I do try and keep up with the score if I can, not always possible when lone working in a house of 42 high support residents.

Don’t get so wound up about what people you don’t know on the Internet do. As for the old “I’m a better fan than you” trope, you’re going to need to do better than that if you want to start a binfest.
Far funnier and more intelligent trolls have tried and failed before you. You’ve not a chance, darling.

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and wishing you a peaceful New Year.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I was at work waiting for the police to arrive to take statements after an incident with a crack cocaine addict and a large pair of scissors. They’re pretty relaxed at my place of work but they do draw the line at letting us watch football during violent incidents. I do try and keep up with the score if I can, not always possible when lone working in a house of 42 high support residents.

Don’t get so wound up about what people you don’t know on the Internet do. As for the old “I’m a better fan than you” trope, you’re going to need to do better than that if you want to start a binfest.
Far funnier and more intelligent trolls have tried and failed before you. You’ve not a chance, darling.

Happy New Year to you!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Do you work at that place in North Road corner of Spring Gardens or at that god forsaken place in Grand Parade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well whichever unit you work at it sounds horrible, good luck in that hunt for the new job next year and have a good 22.

Thanks CR. It has its ups and downs but the shifts suit me. Have a happy NY and a peaceful ‘22!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Thanks for the lengthy melodramatic justification story Clampy. It makes perfect sense, being allowed to access the internet and post about politics on a football forum while at work but employers having a problem with you following a football match.

Stay safe, Happy New Year!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thanks for the lengthy melodramatic justification story Clampy. It makes perfect sense, being allowed to access the internet and post about politics on a football forum while at work but employers having a problem with you following a football match.

Doubling down, because it's worked so well for you in the past :facepalm:

:lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

What might seem melodramatic to you is a standard night at work for me.

I can follow football and post on here while at work. And it being the 21st century I am granted access to the Internet :facepalm::lolol:

Just not appropriate to watch a match when I need to deal with a situation. It’s not that complicated a concept to grasp, is it.

As I say, must try harder. Try adding a bit of composure and grace to your life. You’re a very clumsy poster.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What might seem melodramatic to you is a standard night at work for me.

I can follow football and post on here while at work. And it being the 21st century I am granted access to the Internet :facepalm::lolol:

Just not appropriate to watch a match when I need to deal with a situation. It’s not that complicated a concept to grasp, is it.

As I say, must try harder. Try adding a bit of composure and grace to your life. You’re a very clumsy poster.

I'm sure that JCFG appreciates what it's like to work under pressure with responsibility. He still has nightmares about the time they delivered a whole crate of chopped tomatoes to be stacked that all had their labels on upside down :wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm sure that JCFG appreciates what it's like to work under pressure with responsibility. He still has nightmares about the time they delivered a whole crate of chopped tomatoes to be stacked that all had their labels on upside down :wink:

I think that incident made the Argus. I hope they had a full debrief and talked it through. Making dynamic risk assessments under stress can echo in the psyche for some time.

WZ, have a great new year mate and a peaceful ‘22.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
What I find slightly odd is the assertion that contributing to a discussion forum would somehow occupy 100% of your time. Perhaps some of our friends could discover the phenomenon that is multitasking. I am struggling to comprehend how much of their time it takes to post a sentence or even a paragraph, am assuming from JCFG it would take him (at least) 90 minutes and would cause him to miss an entire football match. I feel your pain

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
What I find slightly odd is the assertion that contributing to a discussion forum would somehow occupy 100% of your time. Perhaps some of our friends could discover the phenomenon that is multitasking. I am struggling to comprehend how much of their time it takes to post a sentence or even a paragraph, am assuming from JCFG it would take him (at least) 90 minutes and would cause him to miss an entire football match. I feel your pain

I’m told certain posters on this forum spend more time editing their posts than time spent on the original post, I find that hard to believe…..

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
i stayed out of the brexit debate as i don't and never will reside in England again ......i think if i was living in England at the time i would probably have been swept up in the bollox and voted leave or i may have voted stay for the travel issues or i may have already been dead or in jail.

no doubt a job was done on the UK from within and anyone who still cant see it is carrying around a large rockmelon for a head.

strange, you do seem to take a keener interest in the refugee debate citing the fact you still have family and friends in the UK, even though refugees have no impact on their lives whatsoever but Brexit would do such as being stripped of their freedom of movement or being (GDP per capita) about 1,500 gbp poorer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here