Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just had a look through, can't see a "Navarro is crap" thread?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
He had an awful game, for a defensive midfielder he sure goes missing alot.

Having him in the side means that we no longer get the best out of Crofts or Dicker, he unbalances the side and should be used as a replacement for them when one is banned or injured but shouldn't play with both of them.

I was honesly hoping he would get a 2nd yellow yesterday just so he can't play in the league.

A left midfeilder is badly needed.

:facepalm:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Having him in the side means that we no longer get the best out of Crofts or Dicker, he unbalances the side and should be used as a replacement for them when one is banned or injured but shouldn't play with both of them.

Glad it wasn't just me!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
You really don't get how it works, do you? When players play well, they get praised. When players played badly, they get slated.

For MUCH of his early games here, Navarro was poor, thus he got slated. How is that hard to understand? He has recently been playing better, thus he does not get slated so much. Not fickle at all, just give credit where credit is due. :facepalm:

When Dicker plays well, he is praised. When he plays badly, he is slated.

Not rocket science, is it?

Not really how it works is it.

Yes, Navarro was crap under Slade, and was rightly dropped.

But under Poyet, Navarro has done well, yet has only received criticism on here despite this!

Dicker is a different issue. Sadly, since the Wycombe game (when he was very good) he's been badly off form, but this is ignored.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not really how it works is it.

Yes, Navarro was crap under Slade, and was rightly dropped.

But under Poyet, Navarro has done well, yet has only received criticism on here despite this!

Dicker is a different issue. Sadly, since the Wycombe game (when he was very good) he's been badly off form, but this is ignored.

Absolute crap,Dicker only gave the ball away a few times yesterday because he had so much of it.You gave him a 2 out of 10!!.You obviously know very little about the game.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

I agree with you.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No, he definitely is crap.

Worst player on our team against Villa.

A mate at work who is a Villa fan and sat in the Holte End said they were all laughing at him.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I like the way this "he unbalances the midfield" is becoming the latest NSC cliche, following from "with a few goals in a good pre-season, Craig Davies will get 15+ goals this year".

If our midfield is so unbalanced because of Navarro, then how were we on a winning streak that Navarro has heavily featured in? Navarro isn't playing on the left either.

It's Poyet not playing a left winger/5 in midfield that "unbalances" the midfield (if anything). But of course, Poyet is the messiah, so it all must be Navarro's fault....

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Navarro has been improving over the last few weeks, still not really a fan but he is getting better

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He does not unbalance the midfield. Poyet's tactics do that.

But, he his inclusion has broken up the partnership of Crofts and Dicker which was starting to click. Not Navarro's fault obviously.

But, we would be a better team without him.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I like the way this "he unbalances the midfield" is becoming the latest NSC cliche, following from "with a few goals in a good pre-season, Craig Davies will get 15+ goals this year".

If our midfield is so unbalanced because of Navarro, then how were we on a winning streak that Navarro has heavily featured in? Navarro isn't playing on the left either.

It's Poyet not playing a left winger/5 in midfield that "unbalances" the midfield (if anything). But of course, Poyet is the messiah, so it all must be Navarro's fault....

Like you've mentioned already, Navarro was shit under Slade, hence the negative view of him from some posters.

He has improved, and I think he presence in the team allows the the midfield to function well, with Crofts and Dicker able to get forward more. Having said all this, I think we will need to find a player better than him for that postion if we are serious about going up next season.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He does not unbalance the midfield. Poyet's tactics do that.

But, he his inclusion has broken up the partnership of Crofts and Dicker which was starting to click. Not Navarro's fault obviously.

But, we would be a better team without him.

Results suggest otherwise.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
under Poyet, Navarro has done well, yet has only received criticism on here despite this!

Navarro has been slowly improving, and most people's match ratings have matched that. Most people have rated him well for the Villa game, myself included I thought he played very well.

Meanwhile that's bollocks about Dicker. He was superb for the first half of the Villa game.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Navarro had a much better game that he normally does, and was probably the pick of the midfielders, aside from Cox's cameo towards the end. Dicker was - unusually for him - fairly ineffective. Crofts was OK.

However, it would take a run of consistency for Navarro to change my opinion of him. He is much better than 'shit', but he does certainly need to raise his game.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Fat Nav was dreadful early season, and even now, he'd probably be deemed not good enough to feature in the midfields of most League One sides.

However, he has played a lot better in recent weeks. Despite looking like he was going to be sent off with some some of the challenges he was flying in with in the first fifteen minutes, Fat Nav was probably the pick of our midfield on Saturday. He played the ball about well, always made himself available for a simple ball, and won more balls than the other three midfielders put together. Bad footballing cliche I know, but credit where it's due.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Radio Sussex have recently taken to prefacing the team list with something along the lines of "...and Poyet sticks with his slightly unbalanced looking midfield of Bennett, Crofts, Navarro and Dicker ...". Presumably this is because they would like/expect to see a wide man?

Presume therefore that Navarro is taking some flack for GP's tactics. Wonder why Gus sends this four out - what is his strategy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here