Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Got back from coventry......

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Race said:
i cant get near to anyone to give a yellow card away. the centre half union are not happy.but to be fair, not many of them will be dribbling by the time they are 45 like i will through heading too many balls(wont matter about the pace then will it?)

But will you be able to dribble faster than them?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
dont be dis-heartened Tank!

I was posting when you wrote that.
You were good today mate

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
What about the yellow at home to Reading on 31st March?

Apologies (although it was 21st March) :p
He got one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
BensGrandad said:

Be a man and stand by your opinions I am sure that Guy has heard worse than anyone on here can say about him in all his years in football.

I believe the worst thing he has heard is "The 2 for 1 Bargain Bucket offer finished yesterday":jester:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Joel Lynch is a centre back.

When he plays at left back he cannot get forward like a full back should do.

And the one time he did try and go forward he got caught out and no one covered him and they scored.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
fatboy said:
Joel Lynch is a centre back.

When he plays at left back he cannot get forward like a full back should do.

And the one time he did try and go forward he got caught out and no one covered him and they scored.
i think part of our problems hen going forward at the moment is both el abd and lynch are both centre backs and not full backs ! this shows us up when attacking the times adam has had the ball in the last 2 games and either lost the ball or put a hopeless cross in (might help if he had someone to aim at ) why oh why he's taking the deep set pieces when surely itobvious he cant cross the ball?.as for lynch everytime he's got forward so far his crosses have gone behind happy with them both defensivly but need better distribution from our full backs

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The passing has to be improved right through the team. We can't even seem to get the basics right lately.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dougdeep said:
The passing has to be improved right through the team. We can't even seem to get the basics right lately.

A point I have just made on the other thread. Players need to run into spaces to make passing easier. They're not attempting to run off the ball or lose their markers.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Race said:
Did anyone else think that it was a free kick on Tank just before their first goal?

Yes.I did.

But overall,for all our nice(at times)football,it was a day for another opposition defence to get out the deckchairs.

Our defending was woeful on both goals,and our attacking,such as it was,was woeful throughout.

Still,good to re-visit old haunts,eh?Still glad we avoided The Greyhounds famous pies.Not the same pub without Olive is it?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The News of the World mentioned it too.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
KNC said:
Blimey!, a lot of very sensible posts on here tonight.

I thought we had an (almost) perfect 1st half. There was only 1 team in it. Got caught by the sucker punch once again.

If only we had a player to finish a move. I really cant believe the amount of possession we had .

IMHO, we miss Charlie. Chippy has not been on his game for a few weeks now, maybe he misses Charlie?

Thought Guy was brilliant today, spec. in the 1st half. Not a lot of hoofing, some really smart passes out of defence.

Hammond. Whats happened to him. He seems to have lost hes way. He looked such a prospect.

Jake, whats happened to him?

east london seagull txted me after the game. He also noticed a very odd atmo pre match. It was, I dont know, different.

After their goal, it just went quite. Have we given up?
Atmosphere was really strange today....not the normal fanactical and vocal support!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
El Presidente said:
I believe the worst thing he has heard is "The 2 for 1 Bargain Bucket offer finished yesterday":jester:

just been round there and your wrong.it finished friday morning and i am in mourning

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Race said:
i cant get near to anyone to give a yellow card away

Hey Tank, interesting turn of phrase ... "give a yellow card away"
I'd have thought it should be more a case of "earning a yellow" or "awarded a yellow" as I see it as like a disciplinary for misbehaviour.

So that's how pro's see it. I suppose you think of it as having 5 cards (lives - before suspension) and you lose a life when booked - different angle ....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
the atmosphere pre match was dire and it seemed to me that most of the time only those of us at the back were singing constantly. It seemed as if sections of the North Stand had been transplanted to the front seats (no singing, only gentle handclapping acceptable). At the back Joel Lynch didnt play well overall but then you make comparison with Kebab, Tank and the Irish Ginger who did. In all honesty we could have lost 6-0 if Hendo hadn't made some brilliant saves and balls not cleared from six yard melees. Every time there is a 50-50 ball with Jake he bottles it at the last moment and is not strong enough against big defenders. One difference was they had Adebola we had JR, yet our most skillful player going forward was Seb who seemed to be jinxing everywhere but nothing came of it. When Fruity hit the bar in the first minute things looked promising but it all went pear shaped after that.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Gullsworth said:
Atmosphere was really strange today....not the normal fanactical and vocal support!

It's been like that for a number of away games recently - Reading was the quietest Albion turn-out I can remember, at a game where we should be making plenty of noise. Soton was little better; I guess there's very little to get behind, even simple fighting spirit.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Repugnant Toad said:
It's been like that for a number of away games recently - Reading was the quietest Albion turn-out I can remember, at a game where we should be making plenty of noise. Soton was little better; I guess there's very little to get behind, even simple fighting spirit.

Could it be that its at the grounds where we have to sit in our ticket numbered seats that we are quieter? When we can sit where we like, all the singers cluster togther and make lots of noise.

At Cov, I was 7 rows up from the front (row G) in block 10 and was happy to join in when others started singing. There was a bloke right in front of me that was desperate to gets some chants going and another at about H20 shouting out the first line alone and only a few joining in.

If we can't have terracing, then we should be allowed to sit anywhere in the block (at Cov I estimated there were approx 1000 seats per block in the central ones behind the goal).

I hope sections of Falmer will be like the cinema, you buy a ticket that gets you in - they never sell more tickets than there are seats for and if you want to sit in a particular seat - its first come first served.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I think that's a lot to do with it. At Reading, I was stuck away in the corner, surrounded by silence. As you say, a sit-anywhere section at Falmer would be ideal.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was sat 4 rows from the front in B Block, looking longingly across at our fans wishing that I was amongst them and not sat in my suit because I was on a hospitality freebie, that said it was a fairly enjoyable experience. I have to say that the singing was barely audible in the first half, I could only make out the usual "too ugly to be gay" chant. It did sound a little better in the second half but not much, Highfield Road last season was far better, so much for the benefit of moving to a new stadium.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I thought the back 4 were tremendous on Saturday - ok so Joel Lynch was caught forward for the second goal, but what a saving tackle in the first half just before Cov scored - it looked a dead cert goal. The emergence of El-Abd and Lynch is one of the biggest positives this season.

Our trouble is the final third - we are absolutely clueless in this department. Seb had a great game, but there was never any support for him - from the strikers or the midfield. We are missing the killer run and the killer ball. The strikers and midfield look like complete strangers. This has got noticeably worse since the departure of Leon - whilst not prolific in terms of goals this season we are badly missing his vision and creativity.

Time and time again on Saturday the ball was played to Jake's feet with his back to goal, and fair play - he held it up well enough - but again, no runners and no support from the midfield.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here