Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Got back from coventry......

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Curious Orange said:
I should mention that to Joel Lynch's credit he did put in an absolutely awsome tackle to deny a surefire goal.

And Adam El-Abd looked very strong defensively today, as did Butters and McShane.

If they were that awesome why did it look like Coventry were gonna score every time they came forward. We were so slid last season, now we are pretty shambolic at the back

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Black Country Seagull said:
Secondly, though at great risk at getting slaughtered, I still think Butters lack of pace is causing us problems and cover is needed, soon the legend will be retiring

Has he told you something that I dont know about then??!!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
BUTTERBALL said:
First half completely dominated by us until the goal. We then proceeded to fall apart.

Same thing happend at Stoke

The spirit on the pitch has much to do with Charlie - we might not miss his silky skills, but were sure as hell miss his motivation and leadership.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Two key players this afternoon were Wise and Adebola for Cov. McShane was given a lesson against Adebola and Wise played like somebody 20 years younger. They were the key difference. Ok, they had some luck as we had dominated up to 40 minutes, but from then on we lost our composure.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
dwayne said:
If they were that awesome why did it look like Coventry were gonna score every time they came forward.

I never said our defence was "awesome", and in my opinion Coventry didn't look like they were going to score every time they came forward - hence the 0-0 comment in my original post on this thread.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location

Secondly, though at great risk at getting slaughtered, I still think Butters lack of pace is causing us problems and cover is needed, soon the legend will be retiring

Can't agree. Pace has never been his strong point anyway. I thought Guy was our best defender today.

Virgos Magician

Sep 13, 2004
Sydney
Biggest pile of shit I have seen in the second half!

We looked like a pub side run by a pub manager(Henderson excepted)
Why didnt one of the centre backs come across and cover Lynch when he was done for pace??
There were 3 defenders in the box when Wise scored and he was the only Coventry player in there and also the smallest, we need someone of his stature in our side.

McGoo is in a job based on results and Im afraid he should piss off now!
As for all this Withdean being a crap place to come and play football,the players are only there for 3 hours tops two days of the month if you think about it,so thats all bollocks as well.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i was thinking how good our defence would be in the air without butters. beacause his aerial power was immense and no other player was as strong as him in the air. im not saying he had the best of games but as a centerhalf we need aerial power aswell.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You've all said your bit and are now trying to get back in Race's good books. Cowards.

Be a man and stand by your opinions I am sure that Guy has heard worse than anyone on here can say about him in all his years in football.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
BensGrandad said:
You've all said your bit and are now trying to get back in Race's good books. Cowards.

Be a man and stand by your opinions I am sure that Guy has heard worse than anyone on here can say about him in all his years in football.

:rolleyes:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't know where we would have been without Guy this season. He replaced Cullip easily.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley

To echo previous comments, are away support was as low as the team spirit appears to be. Very little noise for 2000 albion fans even before kick of.

Maybe,just maybe even some of the fans are getting fed up with it all.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
BensGrandad said:

come on mate chill out Butters has been good this year that is why he is getting a new contract.You make some good posts but please change the record

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
I thought Coventry were awful today, as were Burnley on Tuesday. Two sides there for the taking and we can't score a goal against either of them. I can't see where we are going to get the points to stay up if we can't beat sides like these.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
vulture said:
come on mate chill out Butters has been good this year that is why he is getting a new contract.You make some good posts but please change the record

I am not saying anything anti Butters I think that he has been a rock for us this year but others are slagging him off and then when Race says something they change their opinions. All I am saying is if you have an opinion on a player stick with it until the player proves you wrong. I am sure that he has heard most of it before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here