Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Got back from coventry......

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
BensGrandad said:
I am not saying anything anti Butters I think that he has been a rock for us this year but others are slagging him off and then when Race says something they change their opinions. All I am saying is if you have an opinion on a player stick with it until the player proves you wrong. I am sure that he has heard most of it before.

I slagged Guy off after the Scum home game and I think MM should quit but Butters has been a rock this year.I know what you are saying about others and I agree but give guy butters credit and this yesr he is running away with player of the season

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Reid was on the bench because he had a black eye from the Burnley game.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
BensGrandad said:
then when Race says something they change their opinions.

I dont think I've actually said anything to make anyone change their opinions, apart from making a tongue in cheek remark about him retiring. I havent read anything on here that I have even considered a 'slagging off' to be honest.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We need Tank, he is so good in the air, lacks pace now but still a rock in our defence. Never seen the fans so gutted for a long time, losing that first goal after playing so well for 40 minutes realy hit the team and the fans hard. Coventry in the first half were realy poor and we just cant finish teams like them off. Only good point about the day was how easy it was to get to Coventry............realy should have had more than 2000 there! having said that if you stayed at home and watched the Rugby................ummmm good choice?

:albion:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Did anyone else think that it was a free kick on Tank just before their first goal?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Just got back, I thought we where the better side in the first half but we didn't have any final product, and we don't have someone who can put the ball in back of the net. Clearly Jakey aint ready for this league yet!! Set pieces today where absolutely shit and it's begs the question why don't we work on them in training ffs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Race said:
I dont think I've actually said anything to make anyone change their opinions, apart from making a tongue in cheek remark about him retiring. I havent read anything on here that I have even considered a 'slagging off' to be honest.

This wasn't aimed at anything in particular today especially but a general comment of things said in the past.

Everybody on here has a winge and an opinion on every subject otherwise they dont post all I say is stick with your opinion until you are proved wrong.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Shropshire Seagull said:
Yes!!
And Tank looked mighty pissed-off when Rennie the tummy-tab didn't give it !!

Well hes still moaning about it now! And heres me thinking that you lot moan, hes the biggest moaner!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Would be some record if Tank could achieve an ever-present this season without getting a single booking.

The Gary Lineker of Brighton ?? (disciplinary wise)

Some say he's too slow to make a late tackle - can't see it myself.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Trigger said:
I thought it was the black eye he got from falling out with Magoo on Thursday?

:jester:

:lolol: :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Shropshire Seagull said:
Would be some record if Tank could achieve an ever-present this season without getting a single booking.

The Gary Lineker of Brighton ?? (disciplinary wise)

Some say he's too slow to make a late tackle - can't see it myself.

He didn't get one yellow card for the whole of 2005 and played in every game.

Still with some fans you can't win. If you play in every game and don't get booked they find something else to pick on. At his age most players pick up injuries and spend months being paid for receiving treatment.

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
we tried today but to be honest i've seen an U8s team have more idea what to do when going forward.

In other words we were shite but every team has a shite week.

lets hope next weeks better.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have also just got home from the game. I thought we played really well in the first half, the defence looked solid and we attacked almost at will, we just didn't find the decisive ball to punish them and the superb shot from Fruity that hit the crossbar was probably our best chance. They somehow upped the pace a little during the last five minutes of the half and pinched a goal, which according to their fans was pretty much against the run of play. Not long after they scored the first they might have bagged a second, that would really have been cruel.

Again we opened the second half brightly and the game continued as it had for much of the first half, until they scored, then the team looked visibly knocked and must have sensed that despite all their hard work it would not be their day. However to their credit our lads continued to push the game right up to the end, if nothing else other than to make Coventry work for their somewhat flattering scoreline. The fact that we dictated play for prolonged periods, despite getting nothing from the game, gives me heart for the rest of the season.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
i cant get near to anyone to give a yellow card away. the centre half union are not happy.but to be fair, not many of them will be dribbling by the time they are 45 like i will through heading too many balls(wont matter about the pace then will it?)

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Blimey!, a lot of very sensible posts on here tonight.

I thought we had an (almost) perfect 1st half. There was only 1 team in it. Got caught by the sucker punch once again.

If only we had a player to finish a move. I really cant believe the amount of possession we had .

IMHO, we miss Charlie. Chippy has not been on his game for a few weeks now, maybe he misses Charlie?

Thought Guy was brilliant today, spec. in the 1st half. Not a lot of hoofing, some really smart passes out of defence.

Hammond. Whats happened to him. He seems to have lost hes way. He looked such a prospect.

Jake, whats happened to him?

east london seagull txted me after the game. He also noticed a very odd atmo pre match. It was, I dont know, different.

After their goal, it just went quite. Have we given up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here