Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just go and enjoy the football and stop moaning

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Who are you calling ignorant as you clearly have taken that one comment out of context?...read what I have written....I'm not comparing the current regime to Archers' I am saying we should not blindly follow and agree with how the club is being run as some people are.

The way the new travel arrangements have been implemented has been poorly handled and people have been financially mislead...are you happy to follow everything the clubs media department peddle out?

So...carefully read what has been said before making accusations of Ignorance to people.!

You seem like a really angry man

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ok, I am obviously not being clear!

I absolutely agree that we SHOULD NEVER just accept things changing and certainly we should retain our collective voices to speak out when things are done that individuals disagree with.

My problem is with the individuals who are saying that they don't want the club to progress if they have to pay more money for the privilege of that happening.

Changing terms and conditions etc. without any consultation is absolutely wrong and I can fully understand the people upset by that but in the end the club must always have ambition and progress, not at our cost of course.

The problem is that this is not a BHA problem, it is a football problem and unless EVERY club takes the opportunity to cut playing costs because of FFP instead of charging fans more, BHA will simply fall behind.

I loved the togetherness of the Falmer marches, the protest to Downing Street etc and the feeling of being the underdog but that doesn't mean I want to go back to the days where we have 8000 fans, playing Division 2 football because we didnt keep up.

I just don't understand how anyone could genuinely prefer that scenario if it meant the club didnt charge us more!!
I fully accept what you're saying. IF I had to choose I too would rather watch premiership football at premiership prices as opposed to non-league football at non-league prices - although I would attend a lot more non-league games as I could afford it better! Quality over quantity I suppose, but then I'm not a regular at the Amex anyway and that's largely due to price and the importance of football in my life.

Leaving aside the affordability issue my beef with the premise of this thread is the 'just watch the football and stop moaning' attitude. Firstly there isn't any football! Secondly as you quite rightly point out we "should never just accept things changing and certainly we should retain our collective voices to speak out when things are done that individuals disagree with." That's what (largely) has been happening over the last few days, the odd OTT 'protest against Barber and boycott the pies!' thread notwithstanding.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
How can you say footballers don't provide a valuable service some of the greatest moments of my life are from watching WARD CASE HORTON FOSTER NELSON ZAMORA BUCKLEY, ok they're never gonna save anyone from a burning house if that's what your referring to as a valuable service so for me footballers give escapism for many people from their boring mundane 9-5 jobs, when you turn up at the ground for those 4 hours on a Saturday everything else in your life is forgotten for a while with 25,000 people all coming together all wanting the same thing all sharing the euphoria or despair together to me that is worth every penny of THE INTEREST FREE DIRECT DEBIT SEASON TICKET that the club provide which probably no other club provide a service like this
SO EVERBODY PLEASE STOP SLAGGING THE CLUB OFF EVERTIME ONE LITTLE THING DOESN'T GO THEIR WAY WITH THE ODD £3 £4 here and there
Well said, you sound like a decent person, and i like your dog!
I didnt go to the Goldsone, Gillingham, Withdean to stop goin now, i had to put up with away fans singing "shit fans no ground" and"my garden shed is bigger than this" at Withdean and say im not goin now.

I am not loaded and dont buy a programme, latest kits, stadium food/drink, scratch cards/ guess the goal time tickets(whatever its called) and put money in charity buckets(sorry), so i can afford a season ticket for myself and sons, i think myself lucky they dont support chelsea.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
As has been pointed out before that isn't what the debate's about. The inference is that we should just shut up, watch the football and never complain as everything that's being done is being done for the good of the club. And I accept that some aren't as pissed off at the changing of the club's charter, the addition of booking fees on absolutely everything and the clubs apparent breach of contract with regard to additional travel costs as the rest of us are. Fair enough. Personally I never understood all the fuss that kicked up when Gully's Girls were binned, which was a long-overdue move in my opinion, so we're all different.

But just blindly accepting everything won't make us 'big'. All the money generated by all the extra additional fees will be wiped out and then some by one shit signing. And I guess we won't be able to complain about that either!

You can complain but, really, what are you complaining about? The club/Tony SUBSIDISES your matchday experience. The lack of appreciation of some fans ASTOUNDS me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who are you calling ignorant as you clearly have taken that one comment out of context?...read what I have written....I'm not comparing the current regime to Archers' I am saying we should not blindly follow and agree with how the club is being run as some people are.

The way the new travel arrangements have been implemented has been poorly handled and people have been financially mislead...are you happy to follow everything the clubs media department peddle out?

So...carefully read what has been said before making accusations of Ignorance to people.!

Then don't mention Archer, Bellotti et al as part of your argument against what our current regime are doing, and I won't claim you are ignorant.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You can complain but, really, what are you complaining about? The club/Tony SUBSIDISES your matchday experience. The lack of appreciation of some fans ASTOUNDS me.
Jeez, yet another one who has missed the point. It is NOT about lack of appreciation. You can count the number of Brighton fans who totally lack appreciation on the fingers of someone who's had both hands amputated. I am astounded that people can't see that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ok I will bite...

I wonder whether you were one of the ones who were happy just to let Archer, Stanley and Bellotti grind our club down to the ground which then led to playing at the above ground...if people didn't "moan" in 1995, 1996 and 1997, you would NOT be enjoying watching a team led out by a former Spanish International...instead, we would be watching football at Whitehawk...

I would LOVE to be concentrating on the playing side of the ground, however, when you've been told that supporting the Albion would see a 85% increase in cost in just less than two years, you will excuse some of us who will want to "moan" because we don't have a bottomless pit of cash.

Perhaps, if money isn't a problem to you, as it clearly isn't; you would like to set up a fund and contribute to it to help those who will find it financially difficult to attend matches? No? I guessed not!

So if some of us want to "moan" then you should respect that, rather than blindly follow the club like a lapdog and agree to everything they want to introduce, no matter how unpopular or mercenary it is!

Here's the original post. There you are using Archer, Stanley and Bellotti in your post. Then later slagging the modern club off and claiming we are not real fans because we're not protesting over what the club is currently doing. Ignorant comparison.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Jeez, yet another one who has missed the point. It is NOT about lack of appreciation. You can count the number of Brighton fans who totally lack appreciation on the fingers of someone who's had both hands amputated. I am astounded that people can't see that.

Well, it's gone far enough that these non-existent unappreciative fans are now being noticed by none other than Paul Barber. I don't think I've missed the point TBH.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Exactly! Stop bloody moaning! Poyet is history - rejoyce!

Looks like we will still get tippy tappy, but with some attacking intent, something for everyone.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well, it's gone far enough that these non-existent unappreciative fans are now being noticed by none other than Paul Barber. I don't think I've missed the point TBH.

Yes you have! People who are complaining about recent events/decisions are NOT unappreciative of everything that Tony Bloom has done. Your argument seems to be that someone says "I'm upset that I've now got to pay an additional and unexpected £75 for my travel" and you say "Oh just shut up and watch the football. Why are you so ungrateful for everything TB has done? If you can't afford it don't go."

And check out Walt's recent 'New in-depth interview with Paul Barber' thread. Last time I looked there wasn't a single anti-Barber comment - and that includes ones from people like me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes you have! People who are complaining about recent events/decisions are NOT unappreciative of everything that Tony Bloom has done. Your argument seems to be that someone says "I'm upset that I've now got to pay an additional and unexpected £75 for my travel" and you say "Oh just shut up and watch the football. Why are you so ungrateful for everything TB has done? If you can't afford it don't go."

And check out Walt's recent 'New in-depth interview with Paul Barber' thread. Last time I looked there wasn't a single anti-Barber comment - and that includes ones from people like me.

No I haven't! Look at the numpties threatening protests against Barber / the club. Why, just why? And don't accuse me of saying what I haven't said either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here