Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just go and enjoy the football and stop moaning

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
How can you say footballers don't provide a valuable service some of the greatest moments of my life are from watching WARD CASE HORTON FOSTER NELSON ZAMORA BUCKLEY, ok they're never gonna save anyone from a burning house if that's what your referring to as a valuable service so for me footballers give escapism for many people from their boring mundane 9-5 jobs, when you turn up at the ground for those 4 hours on a Saturday everything else in your life is forgotten for a while with 25,000 people all coming together all wanting the same thing all sharing the euphoria or despair together to me that is worth every penny of THE INTEREST FREE DIRECT DEBIT SEASON TICKET that the club provide which probably no other club provide a service like this
SO EVERBODY PLEASE STOP SLAGGING THE CLUB OFF EVERTIME ONE LITTLE THING DOESN'T GO THEIR WAY WITH THE ODD £3 £4 here and there

Very well said and absolutely spot on.

I said the same thing earlier and was insulted by one particular user who tried to say I was very lucky to be so rich and that there are people who cannot afford it.

That's life!! There are people that are worse off than others in all walks of life, all other the world but that doesn't mean that they should moan and complain against the better off. FFS we are talking about going to a football match here and people saying they would rather the club remained 'small' in a lower league, charging less money and retaining the true (poorer) supporters instead of becoming a brand and a PL team!!!

WTF??????????

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We're on the verge IMO of one of the best seasons this clubs ever had under the guidance of OSCAR GARCIA THE SPANISH PRINCE OF FLAIR so stop fecking bitching whining moaning and crying and roll up to the Amex next season and just enjoy it :albion2:
Or would you prefer if you were back here View attachment 44908

If i bought a new 5 bedroom house from being in a studio flat I'd be expected to pay higher bills and council taxes, so some one has to pay for the Amex unless we Sell a prize Asset(Bridcutt) to balance the books which we haven't done because we're on the verge of the prem
So stop moaning about a proxy £3:25 and enjoy your life get out in the sunshine and embrace the fact that its only 15 days till Leeds united

Absolutely this.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A dog will do anything for a biscuit:)

View attachment 44964

Imagine what he'd do if you bought him a shirt with his own name on it! :)

Very much in agreement with the OP. The person who even dared mention Tony Bloom in the same sentence as Archer needs their head testing. Without him, we'd still be playing in that shithole at Withdean or worse. Why do people think the club needs our money? It's ceratinly not to make TB rich so stop whining. It's to give us a side worthy of the stadium and one that, if we get in the PL, will eventually contain some of the most talented players ever to have worn an Albion shirt (that's a certainty thanks to the TV money and general rise in standard since we were last in the top flight). If some fans don't want that because it prices them out, that's understandable but they'd better get used to the idea because there will be no lack of people prepared to pay. If crowds drop, the club will rethink.

As for the abuse of Barber, it's pathetic. By all accounts he's extremely approachable and makes no bones about his job - increase revenue and cut costs. That means some prices go up and some people lose their jobs. Those who moan about the former certainly shouldn't be the ones also complaining about the latter. Greater efficiency = lower prices.

Hopefully one day, the club will be able to introduce a tranche of ultra-cheap tickets for some of those who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford it. But that won't (and shouldn't) happen until it's on a solid financial footing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I will always be a fan of Brighton and support them, but I'm not comfortable with paying so much money to watch them.

I don't feel comfortable with paying large sums to fill the pockets of footballers, who basically make no difference to life in the grander scheme of things.

They don't provide a valuable service. I'd love to be able to look beyond that and just enjoy a game of football, but I can't.

It's been brewing for a fair while. The current *******isation of the game is designed to bleed as much money as they can from Joe Public. Whether that be through ticket prices, paying for SKY, paying companies to sponsor clubs or what-have-you.

Enough is enough.

I can sympathise with some of what you say. Maybe you need to start supporting a team much further down the footie pyramid?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
VFFS we are talking about going to a football match here and people saying they would rather the club remained 'small' in a lower league, charging less money and retaining the true (poorer) supporters instead of becoming a brand and a PL team!!!

WTF??????????

We have differing opinions, I'm not claiming your views are wrong but I see your perfectly happy to call mine wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How can you say footballers don't provide a valuable service some of the greatest moments of my life are from watching WARD CASE HORTON FOSTER NELSON ZAMORA BUCKLEY, ok they're never gonna save anyone from a burning house if that's what your referring to as a valuable service so for me footballers give escapism for many people from their boring mundane 9-5 jobs, when you turn up at the ground for those 4 hours on a Saturday everything else in your life is forgotten for a while with 25,000 people all coming together all wanting the same thing all sharing the euphoria or despair together to me that is worth every penny of THE INTEREST FREE DIRECT DEBIT SEASON TICKET that the club provide which probably no other club provide a service like this
SO EVERBODY PLEASE STOP SLAGGING THE CLUB OFF EVERTIME ONE LITTLE THING DOESN'T GO THEIR WAY WITH THE ODD £3 £4 here and there

says the person from the posh end of shoreham :ffsparr:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
says the person from the posh end of shoreham :ffsparr:

Anyone fancy a car share from the posh end of shoreham then lamie to cut the costs of uni £260 car park I've got a 7 seater :)
Anyone interested PM me
The more sharing the price will come down, always leave shoreham at 1:30 so plenty of time for a few beers (not the driver)
And normally get home around 5:30 and that's staying till the final whistle
Plus you get to hear the words of wisdom from T Soprano on the outgoing and return journeys:)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone fancy a car share from the posh end of shoreham then lamie to cut the costs of uni £260 car park I've got a 7 seater :)
Anyone interested PM me
The more sharing the price will come down, always leave shoreham at 1:30 so plenty of time for a few beers (not the driver)
And normally get home around 5:30 and that's staying till the final whistle
Plus you get to hear the words of wisdom from T Soprano on the outgoing and return journeys:)

lol you nearly had me hooked until that last line :)

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
We have differing opinions, I'm not claiming your views are wrong but I see your perfectly happy to call mine wrong.

Not at all!!

I did not even see your post. My view is that some people (in general) would prefer our club remain 'small' and have no real ambition to progress so long as it will cost them more.

My point is that paying more is inevitable in most walks of life and this is football we are talking about, not life or death.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not at all!!

I did not even see your post. My view is that some people (in general) would prefer our club remain 'small' and have no real ambition to progress so long as it will cost them more.

My point is that paying more is inevitable in most walks of life and this is football we are talking about, not life or death.
As has been pointed out before that isn't what the debate's about. The inference is that we should just shut up, watch the football and never complain as everything that's being done is being done for the good of the club. And I accept that some aren't as pissed off at the changing of the club's charter, the addition of booking fees on absolutely everything and the clubs apparent breach of contract with regard to additional travel costs as the rest of us are. Fair enough. Personally I never understood all the fuss that kicked up when Gully's Girls were binned, which was a long-overdue move in my opinion, so we're all different.

But just blindly accepting everything won't make us 'big'. All the money generated by all the extra additional fees will be wiped out and then some by one shit signing. And I guess we won't be able to complain about that either!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Please do NOT compare the current regime with Archer et al. Just plain ignorant.

Who are you calling ignorant as you clearly have taken that one comment out of context?...read what I have written....I'm not comparing the current regime to Archers' I am saying we should not blindly follow and agree with how the club is being run as some people are.

The way the new travel arrangements have been implemented has been poorly handled and people have been financially mislead...are you happy to follow everything the clubs media department peddle out?

So...carefully read what has been said before making accusations of Ignorance to people.!

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
As has been pointed out before that isn't what the debate's about. The inference is that we should just shut up, watch the football and never complain as everything that's being done is being done for the good of the club. And I accept that some aren't as pissed off at the changing of the club's charter, the addition of booking fees on absolutely everything and the clubs apparent breach of contract with regard to additional travel costs as the rest of us are. Fair enough. Personally I never understood all the fuss that kicked up when Gully's Girls were binned, which was a long-overdue move in my opinion, so we're all different.

But just blindly accepting everything won't make us 'big'. All the money generated by all the extra additional fees will be wiped out and then some by one shit signing. And I guess we won't be able to complain about that either!

Ok, I am obviously not being clear!

I absolutely agree that we SHOULD NEVER just accept things changing and certainly we should retain our collective voices to speak out when things are done that individuals disagree with.

My problem is with the individuals who are saying that they don't want the club to progress if they have to pay more money for the privilege of that happening.

Changing terms and conditions etc. without any consultation is absolutely wrong and I can fully understand the people upset by that but in the end the club must always have ambition and progress, not at our cost of course.

The problem is that this is not a BHA problem, it is a football problem and unless EVERY club takes the opportunity to cut playing costs because of FFP instead of charging fans more, BHA will simply fall behind.

I loved the togetherness of the Falmer marches, the protest to Downing Street etc and the feeling of being the underdog but that doesn't mean I want to go back to the days where we have 8000 fans, playing Division 2 football because we didnt keep up.

I just don't understand how anyone could genuinely prefer that scenario if it meant the club didnt charge us more!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here