Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just found this crawling in my bathroom...

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Nah, that would be cruel. The poor thing might suffer from anoraknaphobia.

TH

"Nah, that would be cruel."

You are wrong.
It wont be cruel along as S4E ensures that the jam jar is not shook about when is frisked going into the ground.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
TH

You are wrong.
It wont be cruel along as S4E ensures that the jam jar is not shook about when is frisked going into the ground.

Won't it run out of air! Then again with kuipers out, it could build a handy web! After all some spiders have been used to make fishing nets

'Historically, spider webs have been used by tribal peoples in the South Pacific. They use the webs to make fishing lines and nets. People in Southeast Asia make nets by using a stick bent into a loop to pick up a spider web'

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
TH

You are wrong.

TH

Firstly thank you for your apology on this board to fellow Spider lovers.

I have been thinking about why you might have thought it cruel for S4E to bring the spider along to the game.
As I forgot to say, it is essential that the jam jars lid has some holes punched in it (a screwdriver or skewer does the job).
S4E will also have to reassure it on route to Withdean by talking to it, all the time.
A bit like a new Albion fan on his or her way to their first away game!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
That is one HIDEOUSLY freaky mother fucker.

If I shared a home with that I would sell up and move

Yoda

English & European
S4E

Think it might be a window lace weaver?

The reason I say so, is that I collect spiders.

I have quite a collection now and have affectionately named each after a different poster on this site.

ps possible to catch it for me? put in a jam jar and bring it along to the game tomorrow night?

I've got a False Black Widow in the house if you want one to collect. :bigwave:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Chez

"Get out the lighter & can of lynx and torch the bastard"!!!

You complete and utter basta@d.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I feel a public apology from you, is also in order.

What the f***?

It is YOU who should be ashamed of yourself for willingly keeping these hideous and repulsive creatures AND purposefully looking out for them.

Spiders need to learn that they are NOT WELCOME in our homes, and that means sending out a message by DESTROYING any that you find lurking about indoors.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Should not kill spiders.........I f***ing hate them, however, I always catchem under a glass and lob them out.........if they find a way back they are gonna get some of the same treatment!!

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I've got a False Black Widow in the house if you want one to collect. :bigwave:

Yoda

"I've got a False Black Widow in the house if you want one to collect"

Yes please!!!

Possible to put it in the post to me? (second class is fine)

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
No joke - there was just a MASSIVE spider in MY bathroom, on top of MY toothpaste!!! Was HUGE - and had really long legs which it used to sort of stand up off of my toothpaste. REALLY scary!!!

My housemate got rid of it fortunately!!

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
I couldnt get near enough to smash it - was far too big, stayed far away!!! It JUMPED too when my housemate tried to catch it! :cry:

BenAG

I couldnt get near enough to smash it - was far too big, stayed far away!!!

Please do not contemplate doing that again.

I run a Spider Rescue Centre here in Sussex and am on call 24/7.

pm me for my contact details.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
BenAG

I couldnt get near enough to smash it - was far too big, stayed far away!!!

Please do not contemplate doing that again.

I run a Spider Rescue Centre here in Sussex and am on call 24/7.

pm me for my contact details.

As I'm in Hampshire, your services really wouldn't have been necessary, not so incy wincy spider would have been well dead by the time you'd have got here!

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
As I'm in Hampshire, your services really wouldn't have been necessary, not so incy wincy spider would have been well dead by the time you'd have got here!

BenAG

"As I'm in Hampshire, your services really wouldn't have been necessary, not so incy wincy spider would have been well dead by the time you'd have got here"

Little do you know but county boundaries are no problem!

In fact, I once travelled all the way to Norfolk to collect a "comb footed".
Although it was "touch and go" whether I got it back to the Spider Rescue Centre in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here