Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jude Bellingham

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just magnificent. For me, the most exciting prospect since Gascoigne and potential to be our best of all time.
I've done this before, but he's way better than Gascoigne. He's 20. He's got 30 caps. And he's already dominating the stage.
What were Gascoigne's key stats in Italia 90, when he was 23? Did he do much at other tournaments? This is Bellingham's second tournament in which he's shown he's right up there.
For me, there's no comparison.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Mason Mount has more England caps than Jude Bellingham.
That is all.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've done this before, but he's way better than Gascoigne. He's 20. He's got 30 caps. And he's already dominating the stage.
What were Gascoigne's key stats in Italia 90, when he was 23? Did he do much at other tournaments? This is Bellingham's second tournament in which he's shown he's right up there.
I didn’t say Gascoigne was better. I said Bellingham is the most exciting prospect since he came on to the scene :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Gazza was also brilliant. The self inflicted injury took away a year or two, he lost some pace, but his attacking skillset was sublime. The only England player in my lifetime who ran entire games from centre midfield.

Throughout the 90’s countless times he was MOTM against all opposition. I worked with a large group who went to almost every England game 1989 onwards (no Spurs fans) for a decade, they just kept saying the same thing … Gazza ran England games, head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rooney was better than Owen. Watch the Rooney Euro 2004 doc on iPlayer. He was the best player in the team aged 18 and all the other established stars knew it.

Both great, from a very early age. For about 7 years Owen scared defences shitless for club and country. Ballon d’or winner, 40 goals in 89 caps, including against the big guns.

Rooney was unplayable in 2004, then that unlucky foot injury, the key moment for us.

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He'll surely be the most successful English player of all time. Proper generational talent. Real will be scary with him, Valverde, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Vinicius, Rodrygo and Mbappe.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I thought Bellingham was absolutely brilliant first half and some flashes in the second half. My one word of caution is whether we are developing another Gerrard and Lampard situation. Foden looked a peripheral figure in that game because Jude wanted the ball the whole time. I spotted a couple of ocassions when Foden waved his arms about annoyed.

The like the same pockets of space and if Southgate is not going to play Bellingham alongside rice rather than Trent then I don’t think Foden should be in the side. I think we would be more threatening with Gordon or Eze on the left.

I would prefer Foden at 10 with Jude more like an 8.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I thought Bellingham was absolutely brilliant first half and some flashes in the second half. My one word of caution is whether we are developing another Gerrard and Lampard situation. Foden looked a peripheral figure in that game because Jude wanted the ball the whole time. I spotted a couple of ocassions when Foden waved his arms about annoyed.

The like the same pockets of space and if Southgate is not going to play Bellingham alongside rice rather than Trent then I don’t think Foden should be in the side. I think we would be more threatening with Gordon or Eze on the left.

I would prefer Foden at 10 with Jude more like an 8.
TAA at DM didn't work. I think Rice and Bellingham deeper with Foden in front of them makes more sense for the Denmark game personally.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Based on that game alone, England will go as far in the tournament as Bellingham is able to take us.

Let's hope he stays injury-free.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
As an aside to his on pitch prowess, Bellingham comes across as such a likable, grounded and eloquent young man.
That's one of the things that most amazes me. At 20 I would have struggled to say anything remotely intelligent about most things even if I'd spent time studying them and had absolutely zero expertise in anything. Yet he's managing to not only be an elite sportsman at 20 but also articulate and smart and able to give really good interviews that aren't sanitised to nothingness.

He also allegedly upset Mason Greenwood by telling him what he thought about him so he's got that going for him too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here