Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jude Bellingham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's one of the things that most amazes me. At 20 I would have struggled to say anything remotely intelligent about most things even if I'd spent time studying them and had absolutely zero expertise in anything. Yet he's managing to not only be an elite sportsman at 20 but also articulate and smart and able to give really good interviews that aren't sanitised to nothingness.

He also allegedly upset Mason Greenwood by telling him what he thought about him so he's got that going for him too.
Same with me.

He also took control of his own destiny at a young age as well. Choosing to move to foreign land to further himself was a brave move.

He’s going to be one of those annoying Thierry Henry types who are so cool, so good looking and f***ing good at everything they try! :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bellingham really looked the business I think England has a player that potentially be a future Ballon d'Or winner.
His Post match interview belay his age he could be an England fixture for the next 14 years
I remember when Madrid qualfied for the CL final and literaly on the pitch in the celebrations he was asked about the final oppponents being his former club and his reply was so measured and respectful. I do not think the intervewer was trying to catch him out but the question had potential for tripping himself up.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I remember when Madrid qualfied for the CL final and literaly on the pitch in the celebrations he was asked about the final oppponents being his former club and his reply was so measured and respectful. I do not think the intervewer was trying to catch him out but the question had potential for tripping himself up.
Ckin ell put ya cock away mate !!

I wanna see some Bellingham controversy. Some bad boy antics off the pitch to complete the hero status. No one likes a goody goody.

I enjoyed the chest bump he gave a Serbian yesterday.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Ckin ell put ya cock away mate !!

I wanna see some Bellingham controversy. Some bad boy antics off the pitch to complete the hero status. No one likes a goody goody.

I enjoyed the chest bump he gave a Serbian yesterday.
I think he's the most complete English footballer since Bryan Robson, however I'm not sure if this 'shithousery', however amusing it all might seem at the time, will not put a huge target on his back for the next decade, with opposing fans, opponents and refs?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Loved the way he bounced into their player who could only spit balefully, and pretend it hadn't happened, instead of the time-honoured 'u want some or wot?' dance.

Liked that, especially the way he walked away before it escalated and the other player had to chase him making him look bad.

I thought he was targeted all game.

As others have said, he comes over very articulate and was praising everyone else rather than playing the big 'I am' (Ronaldo like) which just adds to his appeal imo..

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Mount has got 36 caps. How did that happen?
6 in 2019
7 in 2020
13 in 2021
10 in 2022

Last cap: our December 2022 World Cup quarter final loss to France - 11 minutes sub, following a 14 minutes sub in the previous round.

Jude Bellingham (currently on 30 caps) is likely to hit 32 caps by his 21st birthday at the end of the month (and hopefully 4 more shortly after...). At his 21st birthday, MaMo was on 6.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Liked that, especially the way he walked away before it escalated and the other player had to chase him making him look bad.

I thought he was targeted all game.

As others have said, he comes over very articulate and was praising everyone else rather than playing the big 'I am' (Ronaldo like) which just adds to his appeal imo..
I'm thinking he could have the sort of impact Duncan Edwards was expected to make, had not not been so cruelly taken. That would be very pleasing if it came to pass.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Not into hype but have never seen an English player like this before. His allround game is insane. Mentality insane. Versatility insane.
Look at other young superstars that burst on the scene, someone like Vin J. Yes they're incredible but they often start so raw, they're often players who play in slightly peripheral positions (even if they still impact games hugely).
Jude can seemingly play anywhere. No doubt he'd be excellent as a BPD in a back three. He wants the responsibility, all the time.
Crazy, crazy talent.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
As an aside, any team not in for Jobe are fools. Consider his cost vs his potential and it's a no brainer. Mentality is a massive part of success. Kid is already 6ft 3, doesn't seem in anyway overawed by the success of his big brother, has obviously been brought up very well, and is already performing consistently in a very strong league.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Not into hype but have never seen an English player like this before. His allround game is insane. Mentality insane. Versatility insane.
Look at other young superstars that burst on the scene, someone like Vin J. Yes they're incredible but they often start so raw, they're often players who play in slightly peripheral positions (even if they still impact games hugely).
Jude can seemingly play anywhere. No doubt he'd be excellent as a BPD in a back three. He wants the responsibility, all the time.
Crazy, crazy talent.
Reminds me a bit of some of the 1970 Brazil WC team - Jairzinho and Rivelino.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
6 in 2019
7 in 2020
13 in 2021
10 in 2022

Last cap: our December 2022 World Cup quarter final loss to France - 11 minutes sub, following a 14 minutes sub in the previous round.

Jude Bellingham (currently on 30 caps) is likely to hit 32 caps by his 21st birthday at the end of the month (and hopefully 4 more shortly after...). At his 21st birthday, MaMo was on 6.
Mount made his debut in 2019, Bellingham not long after in 2020.
So for quite a long time Mount was considered a better bet than Bellingham.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
As an aside, any team not in for Jobe are fools. Consider his cost vs his potential and it's a no brainer. Mentality is a massive part of success. Kid is already 6ft 3, doesn't seem in anyway overawed by the success of his big brother, has obviously been brought up very well, and is already performing consistently in a very strong league.

Had to Google who Jobe is. Didn't realise Jude's younger brother played at all , or that he had one. Must be both very proud and tough having such a stellar big bro.

Wonder if Jobe transfer rumours start based on Jude's abilities. Mid table Championship midfielder with 45 games is a good indicator that he's got talent too. At 18.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here