Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JT Stripped of Captaincy - Official

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I am very annoyed with this decision. What happens when he's found innocent? Will they offer the captaincy back to him? If they do I hope he tells them to stick it up their arse.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I normally stick up for the FA but on this one they are very very wrong.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
And EVERYONE thinks he's an UTTER COCK. If he wasn't such a nutcase everyone would be calling him a poof. Thanks for proving my point perfectly.

Nothing like a generalisation is there? Try responding to my wider argument. Football by it's nature will generate planks. Nationality is irrelevant.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I am very annoyed with this decision. What happens when he's found innocent? Will they offer the captaincy back to him? If they do I hope he tells them to stick it up their arse.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? I normally stick up for the FA but on this one they are very very wrong.

Theres enough evidence to charge him thou which would not have been taken lightly.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
And EVERYONE thinks he's an UTTER COCK. If he wasn't such a nutcase everyone would be calling him a poof. Thanks for proving my point perfectly.

But they think he is a cock because he is perceived as a nutcase, nothing to do with his theatre visits.

I do not subscribe to your 'barometer of status' that quoting literature or going to the theatre necessarily offers an insight to any players moral worth.

I quite like the idea of a players association to where they were brought up, seems quite natural to me.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I do not subscribe to your 'barometer of status' that quoting literature or going to the theatre necessarily offers an insight to any players moral worth.

This is what I was trying to point out with my Ribery, Lentini, Kahn examples BTW.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Why do you assume he will be found innocent?
He's not even good enough to start anymore so captaincy should be out of the question.
And FINALLY, he should be stripped of the captaincy anyway for the constant controversies he gets himself involved with.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So is it just coincidence that we seem to have FAR more utter planks representing our country?

Why don't we hear about Xavi, Messi and Iniesta out every night cheating with each other's wives? Punching DJs in the face?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Why do you assume he will be found innocent?
He's not even good enough to start anymore so captaincy should be out of the question.
And FINALLY, he should be stripped of the captaincy anyway for the constant controversies he gets himself involved with.

I'm not assuming, I'm just suggesting a scenario. The FA have reacted to a criminal charge that hasn't even taken place yet. Regardless of his footballing ability these days the acts of the FA are unbelievable.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
So is it just coincidence that we seem to have FAR more utter planks representing our country?

Why don't we hear about Xavi, Messi and Iniesta out every night cheating with each other's wives? Punching DJs in the face?

The same we didn't have Lineker, Beardsley and Peter Shilton doing it in 1990? I'll keep quoting you scandals from other parts of the world if you really want?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nothing like a generalisation is there? Try responding to my wider argument. Football by it's nature will generate planks. Nationality is irrelevant.

Other than Barton (who IS an exception, because he's a headcase he can do what he wants without fear of being called a poof) name ONE English footballer who freely admits to enjoying culture, going to the theater, recite poetry etc. David James is also an utter laughing stock so again, goes with what I'm saying.

Name ONE. Who is just generally accepted as a regular bloke. Blokey bloke. You can't. They don't exist in England.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This is what I was trying to point out with my Ribery, Lentini, Kahn examples BTW.

I bet we could find 100's of similar shenanigans by european players.

I dont quite get Mellotrons flawed view of tolerance and sophistication within the Spanish or Italian player, it seems quite unlikely to me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The same we didn't have Lineker, Beardsley and Peter Shilton doing it in 1990? I'll keep quoting you scandals from other parts of the world if you really want?

22 years ago. Brilliant.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Other than Barton (who IS an exception, because he's a headcase he can do what he wants without fear of being called a poof) name ONE English footballer who freely admits to enjoying culture, going to the theater, recite poetry etc. David James is also an utter laughing stock so again, goes with what I'm saying.

Name ONE. Who is just generally accepted as a regular bloke. Blokey bloke. You can't. They don't exist in England.

You've just named 2. Who gives a f*** who frely admits it? I've been to the theatre in London and seen Frank Lampard there. Does that count?

Still no thoughts on my wider argument?

Why

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I bet we could find 100's of similar shenanigans by european players.

I dont quite get Mellotrons flawed view of tolerance and sophistication within the Spanish or Italian player, it seems quite unlikely to me.

One of the MAJOR reasons the gay rumours started about Le Saux were due to the fact he would come into the dressing room with a copy of the Guardian under his arm. You genuinely think if the same happened in Italy, Spain or France the reaction of "POOF" would be the same?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You've just named 2. Who gives a f*** who frely admits it? I've been to the theatre in London and seen Frank Lampard there. Does that count?

Still no thoughts on my wider argument?

Why

I love how your best example of English players behaving was TWENTY TWO years ago. I can imagine your thinking now. "Ah, I can go for Euro96-oh, no I can't, keep going back to when footballers were normal people".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here