Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JT Stripped of Captaincy - Official

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I have to agree, I would like to think the other countries skippers would conduct themselves in a way that avoided this type of situation??

i cant believe the fuss over the captaincy, has any other countyr ever held a press conference so that there captain stands down (beckham)????? its all bullshit, bunch of *****

We Just had an office discussion about possible replacements and couldn't settle on who we would replace Terry with. Our starting point is that the player has to be an ever-present name on the teamsheet.

Rooney is out of the equation, because of his ban.

Lampard, Ferdinand and Gerrard cannot guarantee to be picked for every game, any longer - Wiltshire may well displace Frank and Stevie by the summer. Rio is nowhere near the squad on current form.

Barry or Parker are possibilities, but in reality only one or the other will be picked.

Therefore, our office concluded that the two final candidates should be:

Cashley Cole - hardly the best role model, but very experienced and consistently puts in good performances for England.
-or-
Joe Hart - a risky pick because of his age, but he seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders and leads by example.

Also, Cahill could also be an outside shout.

What do you lot think?

I was challenged about this the other day, and have subsequently had a volte-face. Does it matter who it is? Don't appoint a replacement, wait until the next game, pick a team, and pick a captain for that team. Then do the same for the next game. By all means, on the eve of the Euros, when Fabio knows what his first choice team is going to be, announce a captain for the Euros, but only for the duration of the tournament. Pick the best man for the job at any given moment.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Imagine if we win Euro 2012, and JT was found guilty. Wouldn't do English football any favours, images all over the world with a racist lifting the trophy.

My imagination is not that good. That aspect is not something we're not going to encounter.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Don't appoint a replacement, wait until the next game, pick a team, and pick a captain for that team. Then do the same for the next game. By all means, on the eve of the Euros, when Fabio knows what his first choice team is going to be, announce a captain for the Euros, but only for the duration of the tournament. Pick the best man for the job at any given moment.

Actually, I think this may be the best strategy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Should've been stripped of the captaincy/not given captaincy back in first places for MANY, MANY other reasons. Forget the racism.

Want someone different next;

Joe Hart
Scott Parker
or
Jack Wilshere.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Its exactly the people that have shown some kind of exaggerated importance to this whole issue, that makes the England captaincy what it is.

On the one hand you feign outrage at the mumblings of a player, that then gets wrapped around some kind of unlikely racists slur, then you celebrate his losing the captaincy and then somehow show more outrage that we hold the England captaincy in such high regard, whilst previously demanding for them to be held account for their every movement.

Its all this fuss and investigation that now goes with the role that makes our captain so unlike all the other nations.

Jeeeez our footballers just tend to be good at kicking a bag of air around a pitch, they aint role models or particularly articulate most ended their education at the age of 16 what do you expect and you lot revere and hate them in equal measure.

I would swerve the captaincy if offered and enjoy my career, less a target for the inevitable haters.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
I was challenged about this the other day, and have subsequently had a volte-face. Does it matter who it is? Don't appoint a replacement, wait until the next game, pick a team, and pick a captain for that team. Then do the same for the next game. By all means, on the eve of the Euros, when Fabio knows what his first choice team is going to be, announce a captain for the Euros, but only for the duration of the tournament. Pick the best man for the job at any given moment.
I have long thought this about captains in general. Pick the 11 best players then pick a captain out of them. Why does there need to be a fulltime captain? What do they have to do other than lead the team on the pitch?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm probably being stupid, but hen he was first stripped of the captaincy, it went to Rio. It went back to JT when rio was unavailable. Wouldn't it have gone back to rio when he got fit anyway?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Attachments

• imagesCA8P2O5A.jpg
    imagesCA8P2O5A.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 175

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Jeeeez our footballers just tend to be good at kicking a bag of air around a pitch, they aint role models or particularly articulate most ended their education at the age of 16 what do you expect and you lot revere and hate them in equal measure.

Why do footballers from Spain and Italy not fall into the trap of being thick as pigshit, nasty pieces of work?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Give it to Parker, or Joe Hart.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
Not overly interested in JT the person, however for me just another example of an over reaction to a muttering on a football field that for me didn't constitute racism.

My feelings exactly. I'm getting really macked off with all these racism stories, no-one really gives a toss about this petty shit if they are truthful with themselves. I am not defending JT or anything. But Steven Lawrence being murdered by a bunch of knife-wielding racists and someone trying to wind an opponent up on a football pitch are hardly the same thing are they. At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old git I have had enough of this knee jerk reaction stuff and the general lack of common sense in society these days

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Good riddance. Terry is a wanker.
We don't actually have any other true leaders in our squad, except Gerrard, who hasn't had a good game for England in years, which is a tad worrying.
If they give it to Rio Ferdinand again, it will be an absolute farce.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Should've been stripped of the captaincy/not given captaincy back in first places for MANY, MANY other reasons. Forget the racism.

Want someone different next;

Joe Hart
Scott Parker
or
Jack Wilshere.

Agreed, and I am not sure you can be classed as a racist if you pretty much hate and despise everyone not in your "cliche" he does seem to have issues with just about everyone.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed, and I am not sure you can be classed as a racist if you pretty much hate and despise everyone not in your "cliche" he does seem to have issues with just about everyone.

I don't think he's actually a racist. Just an idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here