Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JT Stripped of Captaincy - Official

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Why do footballers from Spain and Italy not fall into the trap of being thick as pigshit, nasty pieces of work?

I dont happen to think they are 'nasty pieces of work' or 'thick as pigshit'.

I am sure there are similarities between most nations footballers, but I suspect that they are not treated the same.

Our press, politicians and fans seem to encourage a puritan stance for them which some footballers are bound to fail.

I cannot help thinking there is an acceptance abroad that they are what they are .......... footballers and not the moral focus.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
g6011619998.gif

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have long thought this about captains in general. Pick the 11 best players then pick a captain out of them. Why does there need to be a fulltime captain? What do they have to do other than lead the team on the pitch?

Up the park it was usually the person who owned the ball - why don't we just do that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I dont happen to think they are 'nasty pieces of work' or 'thick as pigshit'.

I am sure there are similarities between most nations footballers, but I suspect that they are not treated the same.

Our press, politicians and fans seem to encourage a puritan stance for them which some footballers are bound to fail.

I cannot help thinking there is an acceptance abroad that they are what they are .......... footballers and not the moral focus.

I'm sorry but they really are different. The likes of Maldini quote philosophy and an appreciation of art and theatre in interviews. Couldn't be more different. Our players are VERY thick compared to the average Spanish or Italian player. Worlds apart.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just seen this tweeted by Oliver Holt the Journalist -

John Terry believed to be considering announcing retirement from international football.

We can but dream!

Mungo_Jerry

Sep 27, 2011
Drop the f*cker and never play him again as far as I'm concerned. He's way past his best and a divisive influence in the dressing room. Seems to think he's entitled to be in the team, be captain, do/say what he wants. He's scum and an embarrassment frankly. Can you imagine Carlos Poohole or Cannavaro behaving like JT does?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I'm sorry but they really are different. The likes of Maldini quote philosophy and an appreciation of art and theatre in interviews. Couldn't be more different. Our players are VERY thick compared to the average Spanish or Italian player. Worlds apart.

I doubt whether that is true.

Of course they would differ due to their own cultures and the background of the youngsters they recruit, but I would suspect that they recruit from their own 'working class' environments, just as we do and there behaviour is likely to reflect that.

I would suspect that both Spain and Italy have their own 'wronguns' too.

Professional footballers are decent people, maybe with a few exceptions.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I doubt whether that is true.

Of course they would differ due to their own cultures and the background of the youngsters they recruit, but I would suspect that they recruit from their own 'working class' environments, just as we do and there behaviour is likely to reflect that.

I would suspect that both Spain and Italy have their own 'wronguns' too.

Professional footballers are decent people, maybe with a few exceptions.
exactly , look at the likes of materazzi and balotelli, hardly paragons of virtue compared to terry are they ?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I'm glad, the man is a prick. Met him in London once, never met a more arrogant c*** in my life!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here