Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JT go... enough is enough...

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The blame for this whole sorry business lies at the feet of the clueless suits at the FA I'm afraid. They have mishandled the whole business from the start.
As soon as Terry, the England Captain, was accused there should have been a meeting behind closed doors between the FA, Capello and Terry. Terry should have been told, in no uncertain terms, that he was expected to stand down from both the captaincy and England until the court case was concluded. He should also have been advised that it would be in his best interests for his solicitor to petition the Magistrate for as early a hearing as possible (it would be hard to argue against it as the District Judge dealing is the chief Magistrate and he tells us that cases should proceed as quickly as possible and with the minimum of delays).
Once the case was concluded, dependant on the outcome, Terry could be re-instated to the team and captaincy.
Personally I hink that the bloke is finished in this country now and will make a move to Spain in the summer.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The blame for this whole sorry business lies at the feet of the clueless suits at the FA I'm afraid. They have mishandled the whole business from the start.
As soon as Terry, the England Captain, was accused there should have been a meeting behind closed doors between the FA, Capello and Terry. Terry should have been told, in no uncertain terms, that he was expected to stand down from both the captaincy and England until the court case was concluded. He should also have been advised that it would be in his best interests for his solicitor to petition the Magistrate for as early a hearing as possible (it would be hard to argue against it as the District Judge dealing is the chief Magistrate and he tells us that cases should proceed as quickly as possible and with the minimum of delays).
Once the case was concluded, dependant on the outcome, Terry could be re-instated to the team and captaincy.
Personally I hink that the bloke is finished in this country now and will make a move to Spain in the summer.

If Terry had any backbone, as soon as he was charged he would have come out and said something like "Due to the esteem with which I hold the position of being England captain, I have decided to step down from the post to concentrate on fighting these unfounded charges. I would not want these to distract from a summer tournament for the national team. I shall make myself available to be picked as a player for the squad if the manager would like to pick me, and shall support whoever is chosen to be the team captain".

If he had said something like that - and meant it - even I would have had some respect for the bloke, and it would have put the entire thing to bed.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
If Terry had any backbone, as soon as he was charged he would have come out and said something like "Due to the esteem with which I hold the position of being England captain, I have decided to step down from the post to concentrate on fighting these unfounded charges. I would not want these to distract from a summer tournament for the national team. I shall make myself available to be picked as a player for the squad if the manager would like to pick me, and shall support whoever is chosen to be the team captain".

If he had said something like that - and meant it - even I would have had some respect for the bloke, and it would have put the entire thing to bed.

Good point, well made!

... and as for "of course he should play, he's our best defender" - ffs, do we have no integrity at all any more?
If Hitler was the best right back in Germany would they let him play!? ???
(I exagerate to illustrate)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Terry needs to go for the good of the team.
Who spilt the team with his affair?
Who made World Cup 2010 a shambles by trying to start a players revolt
Who is having racist allegations against him?
Who parks in disabled parking bays because he cant be arsed to walk to the restaurant he wants to eat at.

The other thing I dont understand is why The FA are so protective over him, when the played QPR, they made it the first match without the "respect" handshake pre kick off.

The weekend sees Suarez and Evra reunited and the FA are making them do the handshake.

Terry is also a massively overrated footballer

I agree with the previous few posts, but I don't think that anyone comes out of this with a great deal of credit.

Terry should have stood down of his own accord.
The FA should either have done something when he was first charged by the CPS or done nothing at all now.
Capello should not have been so intransigent (IMHO he should have realised the will of the public, the players and the FA made Terry's position untenable) and he certainly shouldn't have openly disagreed with his employers in the media.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Until he resigns from the England team this media circus will go on and on and we don't need that. JT you're good, but we'll just have it do the WC without you. You still haven't apologised and have never grown up, just stick with Chelsea you share the same values...

Sooo not satisfied with thinking he's the vilest living creature on the planet, he is now one handedly responsible for the 'England circus' which would of course include the England managers resignation. The guys a genius! Whatever next? To blame for the holocaust? Maybe he was the true assassin of JFK? Brought down the Twin Towers? Or possibly the real Usama Bin Laden? What a bunch of sensationalist shite! Go work for a daily rag, you'll fit right in.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I agree with the previous few posts, but I don't think that anyone comes out of this with a great deal of credit.

Terry should have stood down of his own accord.
The FA should either have done something when he was first charged by the CPS or done nothing at all now.
Capello should not have been so intransigent (IMHO he should have realised the will of the public, the players and the FA made Terry's position untenable) and he certainly shouldn't have openly disagreed with his employers in the media.

Sounds about right to me. I don't think anyone involved in this has any backbone or integrity.

The most depressing thing is that I am not the least bit surprised at anyone because to me this reflects the morals and principles of the top flight of English football. It is rotten to the core.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

As I understand it, nobody (Chelsea or Terry) told the FA they would be petitioning to have the case delayed until after the Euros. One or both of them should have done this.

I believe the meeting between Capello, the FA and Terry took place at the time that Terry was charged but the intention was that the FA had been advised it would be resolved by March and if that was the case then the situation would be left to ride as the need to decide was academic. Any change to that situation especially one petitioned for by one of the parties present should, out of courtesy, have been advised to the FA.

I believe they did after the decision, approach Terry to see if he would step aside and he responded that he wouldnt. At that point the FA did what they can do which was remove him from an official position despite Capello being against it. They couldnt, however, remove him from the squad in totality as that was Capello's decision and Capello's contract is quite clear that he would receive advice on who to select but the decision would be his.

I dont believe that Bernstein comes out of this badly. I do believe that it all falls back to Terry and his lack of self awareness.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As I understand it, nobody (Chelsea or Terry) told the FA they would be petitioning to have the case delayed until after the Euros. One or both of them should have done this.

I believe the meeting between Capello, the FA and Terry took place at the time that Terry was charged but the intention was that the FA had been advised it would be resolved by March and if that was the case then the situation would be left to ride as the need to decide was academic. Any change to that situation especially one petitioned for by one of the parties present should, out of courtesy, have been advised to the FA.

I believe they did after the decision, approach Terry to see if he would step aside and he responded that he wouldnt. At that point the FA did what they can do which was remove him from an official position despite Capello being against it. They couldnt, however, remove him from the squad in totality as that was Capello's decision and Capello's contract is quite clear that he would receive advice on who to select but the decision would be his.

I dont believe that Bernstein comes out of this badly. I do believe that it all falls back to Terry and his lack of self awareness.

Or possibly the FA for not having the backbone to leave out that clause from Capello's contract or to put in another stating something along the lines of if a player is bringing the national team into disrepute that can remove that player.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Finally the most corosive elemant of former daddy of year is gone from the national team. Interestingly it is largely John doing this whole race row has dragged on even longer than it needed. He is so hard done by isn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here