Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JPT match next week

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So we won't be seeing you at Wembley if we make the final?

probably not, its the sporting equivalent of a 25 meter's breast stroke certificate for 7 year olds. I can't be arsed with it all

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
does ANYONE actually give a shit who wins the Johnstone's Paint Pot trophy, the whole things is an embarrassment frankly

derek furlong

Mar 16, 2007
worthing
For chrissakes.Its 16-17 yrs since we were fortuneate enough to get to Wembley.Have we been so spoilt since then, that we are prepared to laugh at a competition that could herald a visit to the New National Stadium,in a lot of cases for the first time.Wonder if Leeds would share the same apathy,

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I would sooner reach the JPT Final at Wembley, as to do that we have to win the Southern Final first. Even if we got through to round 3 of the FA Cup there is still 64 teams left in the cup so it is more likely that we would draw a team like Stoke away or West Brom rather than one of the top 5 or 6 in the country.
Oh for sure I'd rather reach the Piss Pot final than go out in the 3rd round at somewhere like Stoke, but we're talking hypothetical situations here. What I said was IF you gave me a choice between the FA Cup 3rd round at say Man U or the JPT final against say Accrington Stanley I'd pick Man U. We'd be on MoTD and EVERYTHING. I don't think the Piss Pot final is even televised - maybe perhaps on Sky Sports Extra or Eurosport or some minor channel like that.

As I said, just my personal preference.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Again can't go as an evening do but Mrs Hut taking the kids

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't think the Piss Pot final is even televised - maybe perhaps on Sky Sports Extra or Eurosport or some minor channel like that.

It is televised and on Sky Sports.

Oh for sure I'd rather reach the Piss Pot final than go out in the 3rd round at somewhere like Stoke, but we're talking hypothetical situations here. What I said was IF you gave me a choice between the FA Cup 3rd round at say Man U or the JPT final against say Accrington Stanley I'd pick Man U. We'd be on MoTD and EVERYTHING. I don't think the Piss Pot final is even televised - maybe perhaps on Sky Sports Extra or Eurosport or some minor channel like that.

As I said, just my personal preference.

But as we WILL go out of the cup before the third round big teams like stoke get in the cup............................................
yiur argument is rather pointless.

How many teams outside the top flight have reached the Cup Final in the last 15 years. NONE
How many teams have won the cup since 1992. _ FIVE (and one of them has only won it once!
Liverpool 92 ,01, 06. Arsenal 93, 98,2002, 2003 05, Man Utd 94, 96, 99, 04, Chelsea 97, 2000, everton 95

The FA Cup is not a sensible competition for us to enter as we Have NO CHANCE of wiinning it.

The JPT however, we do have a chance

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
We might as well give it our best shot in getting to the final as otherwise we are going to find ourself having a free weekend. The final is the day after Leeds away.

Thats slightly annoying as this will make Leeds a midweek game.

Also in the Argus guide section in the sport bit it had normal league prices rather than the reduce rate for the game, hope this doesn't put many people off going.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
for the JPT. STH can get buy one get one half price which equates to £7.50 a ticket which i think is great value.

Wish you'd told me. I'd have got you to get me a ticket!

See you there, though, I presume (I have a ticket and have no idea how much I paid for it!).

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But as we WILL go out of the cup before the third round big teams like stoke get in the cup............................................
yiur argument is rather pointless.
It's not a POINTLESS argument, it's HYPOTHETICAL! I said IF I WAS GIVEN A CHOICE. Jeez.

Anyway we've got two home Cup games coming up now against Cheltenham. IF I COULD CHOOSE I'd rather win the FA Cup tie than the JPT one. Capice?

Albion Rob

How many teams outside the top flight have reached the Cup Final in the last 15 years. NONE

Millwall

Could maybe argue Middlesbrough too as they were already down in 97 when the cuip final took place although they were obviously a Premiership team when the other rounds were taking place.

Quite a few outside the top flight have made the semi finals over the years but then they usually come up against Arsenal and lose.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
DTG says there won't be kiddies there. NOT TRUE. Both Buzzer juniors will be in attendance along with their cousins from Worthing (Good Albion country is Worthing).

Block E somewhere - do say hello if you see us.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Hock a major greenie at that fat fag Lydon, who makes silly noises at the front, for us. Wouldya?

Thanks

Would be a good effort by me as I am in the seating bit at the Brixton Academy but I will see what I can do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here